hockey songs

Stampman

So with the NHL winding down--1 or 2 more games (hopefully 1)

name songs about hockey--not songs played at games that fit thematically--but songs actyally about hockey--

3 that pop into my head-

The Hockey Song-Stompin Tom

50 Mission Cup-Tragically Hip

Hockey Night in Canada-I forget who did it--but I did hear someone sing it with lyrics they made up--as the original was intentionally an instrumental-

"It's Hockey Night in Can-ada, It's Hockey Night in Can-ada, It's Hockey Night in

Can-aha-da, Cand-aha-da.."

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm a big fan of intro songs myself. But amongst the ones in my collection:

"Devil" by 666 (Other than being Jason Spezza's goal song in Ottawa, I can't recall hearing this anywhere else.)

"Scalped" by Dick Dale (Avalanche warmup song, one of my favorites, even though I hate the team. Everytime I listen to it, I can imagine a big Avs logo bouncing around a rink.)

"The Launch" by DJ Jean (used primarily by the Red Wings, but I've heard other teams use it.)

"A New Game" by NFL Films (Ultimate crunch time music)

"The Final Countdown" by Europe (Another great crunch time song, even if it is quite an over-the-top song.)

"Hell's Bells" by AC/DC (More crunch time music)

"Thunderstruck" by AC/DC (The Lightning's intro music)

"Navras" by Don Davis feat. Juno Reactor (The Flames' intro music, and I had been thinking for the longest while that this song would be great for hockey intros, and now it is actually being used.)

"Terminator 2 Theme" by Brad Fiedel. (The Sharks' intro music, at least for the Conference Finals. I had also thought that this would make a great intro music, and again it was used.)

"Rock You Like a Hurricane" by The Scorpions. (The Hurricanes intro music. I have to admit, when the Canes made the finals two years ago, their pregame ceremonies were the best just because of this song.)

"Kernkraft 400 (Oh oh oh remix)" by Zombie Nation (A few teams use this as their goal song.)

"Sandstorm" by Darude (Another intro song. I think it would be a great goal song, but I've only heard it used once, and it was at the All-Star Game.)

I could probably think of more, but I can't think of any more right now.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If we're talking about pure hockey songs (which I think we were), a good one is Warren Zevon's "Hit Somebody (The Hockey Song)". All about a Canadian farmboy who made his name in the game as a goon, but wants nothing more to score one, lousy goal.

But as for general game music, I'll contribute some:

"Get Ready 4 This", 2 Unlimited

"Sirius", The Alan Parsons Project - one of the reasons to watch a Bulls home game on TV in the 1990s (besides somebody named Jordan)

"James Bond Theme", Moby - used by the Hartford WolfPack for a lot of years before they started getting cute with their slogans about 2 years ago

The Dallas Stars use some Pantera song for their warmups, I don't remember the title off-hand.

Quite a few teams have their own fight songs; the Rangers, Canadiens, and Red Wings are among them. I think Boston and Minnesota have them too (at least that's what I've heard).

And of course, we can't talk hockey songs without mentioning Brass Bonanza! :notworthy:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

the zamboni's make all hockey songs like "bleed balck and gold" <(BRUINS) and "the hockey monkey"(there from boston) and the dropkick murphy's had a song about old time hockey...it was great...not sure the title though...i guess im a hometown guy....?

Y'all totally missed his point. ;)

Anyway, the Zambonis' "I Wanna Drive the Zamboni" is always a classic. There's also "Helmethead" by Great Big Sea, funny stuff.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sung to the tune of Que sera, sera:

When I was just a little boy

I asked my father

Who should I cheer

Will it be T'ronto

Will it be Boston

Here's what he said to me:

Canadiens sont la

They will win, trust me, trust me

The future is plain to see

Canadiens sont la

Avec Coupe Stanley

When I grew up and played hockey

I asked my teammate

What lies ahead

Will we have glory

Just like the Habs

Here's what my teammate said:

Canadiens sont la

We will win, trust me, trust me

Canadiens sont la

Avec Coupe Stanley

Now I have children of my own

They ask their mother

Who should I cheer

She says T'ronto

I say the F-word

And she gets mad at me

Canadiens sont la

They will win, trust me, trust me

Canadiens sont la

Avec Coupe Stanley

I meant songs about hockey--not songs they play at games--although a song could be both--the Arrogant Worms reference is a good one--it's also one of my favorite band names ever--because it is so inconguous...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There's some bands here in STL who do songs for the various sports teams around here. The names of the bands are slipping my mind right now.

There was a good one for the Blues playoffs a couple years back. To the tune and flow of Doctor, Doctor(, Give Me The News, I Got A Bad Case of Loving You.), was Doctor, Doctor(, Give Me The News, I Got A Bad Case of Bleeding Blue.) I have it on my computer somewhere I think.

i really want to know the song that hockey arenas play in the NHL right when the team goes on. Its got sort of a classical feel to it but its really cool. i believe the Sharks use it but idk, anybody have a clue what i am talking about?

i know the beat goes like this : Dun Dun Dun Dun, pause... Dun Dun Dun Dun

untitled-1.png

Oh, now we can't forget "Red Wings Suck!" by the Soul Thieves, can we? :D

"But do ya love... the Avalanche... as much as they love youuuuu?

And would you check... a Red Wings fan... if they stood in front of youuuu...

...obstructing your viewwwww?"

Soild. Gold.

That would be the theme music from Jaws.

You see, it was a movie, about a shark... oh, never mind.  Kids.  ^_^

no thats not it..i know that song, this one is classical..damn i wish i knew the name

the DUn DUns are in one tone that doesnt change.

untitled-1.png

Archived