Week 2 NFL Jersey Thread

njmeadowlanders

Thanks to the NFL Network we now have Thursday night throughout the season.

I doubt anyone was clamoring for it but alas, here we are.

Anyway, it starts w/ a classic: Chicago @ Green Bay.

We'll have a bunch more home openers too. Fire away.

Does anyone know if Pittsburgh will be in their bumble bee threads vs. the Jets? That'd be awesome personally.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming we will see the Rams in navy over white or navy against the Redskins.

Hoping to high heaven that without the Redskins having burgundy pants, they wear white over white as much as possible. With the new flywire collar, there is something I seriously HATE about the white over gold look. Somehow it looks much worse. I feel that all white would be preferable this year. Who knows.

Ricky+Manning+Jr+St+Louis+Rams+v+Washington+x5BADAxmPcVl.jpg

Would be nice.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Hoping to high heaven that without the Redskins having burgundy pants, they wear white over white as much as possible. With the new flywire collar, there is something I seriously HATE about the white over gold look. Somehow it looks much worse. I feel that all white would be preferable this year. Who knows.

Ricky+Manning+Jr+St+Louis+Rams+v+Washington+x5BADAxmPcVl.jpg

Would be nice.

I agree with you. I'm looking at your avatar as an example and something just doesn't look right, but I can't put my finger on it. I think white pants look much better.

Would be nice.

I agree with you. I'm looking at your avatar as an example and something just doesn't look right, but I can't put my finger on it. I think white pants look much better.

Honestly I think it might be a combination of a couple of things.

1. The flywire kind of messes up the thing. This works. This doesnt. I don't know why. It loses it's... I don't know.

2. Griffin's black shoes are really jarring in that uniform. They would be a lot less jarring with all white.

They did wear burgundy over white in the preseason, and we've seen rookie cards of RGIII with all white.

On another note, Brandon Marshall looks like a clown with all that white below the knee. Would be fine with a) some color in the shoes B) sock stripes or c) pants that covered the knee.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Would be nice.

1. The flywire kind of messes up the thing. This works. This doesnt. I don't know why. It loses it's... I don't know.

2. Griffin's black shoes are really jarring in that uniform. They would be a lot less jarring with all white.

They did wear burgundy over white in the preseason, and we've seen rookie cards of RGIII with all white.

On another note, Brandon Marshall looks like a clown with all that white below the knee. Would be fine with a) some color in the shoes B) sock stripes or c) pants that covered the knee.

If the Flyway collar was in fact red, like the old, it would work. The new collar is white, making the gold blend in too much.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

Would be nice.

If the Flyway collar was in fact red, like the old, it would work. The new collar is white, making the gold blend in too much.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

0914S99_BearsPackers_40p.jpg

:winner:

Call me a homer, but Packers vs Bears at Lambeau is as good as it gets as far as NFL aesthetics.

Homer.

But actually, it does feature what I consider aesthetically perfect is that both teams don't share the same color. An the navy and green are both distinct that they stand out with their respective lighter colors or orange and yellow. Uniforms are simple and have been around a while, which makes it great.

Another matchup with similar colors is when the Pack and Broncos met in the Super Bowl. Same thing with both teams not sharing same colors and sweet balance on both ends.

Go A's!

Homer.

But actually, it does feature what I consider aesthetically perfect is that both teams don't share the same color. An the navy and green are both distinct that they stand out with their respective lighter colors or orange and yellow. Uniforms are simple and have been around a while, which makes it great.

Another matchup with similar colors is when the Pack and Broncos met in the Super Bowl. Same thing with both teams not sharing same colors and sweet balance on both ends.

Agreed on all points, but to that, I would add that what makes the Packers home uniforms so much better than their roads is the fact that the green jersey contrasts very well with the yellow shell and pants... something that isn't the case when they wear white jerseys. The Bears roads have the same thing going on in reverse, which is why I love seeing these particular combos together.

KC and Buffalo is my vote for best-looking game, along with the obvious GB-Chicago of course.

Yea .... guess we'll be seeing this for tomorrows KC at Buffalo game.

Dunno when and if the Bills will be breaking out the all-white '65 throwbacks with the grazing Bison logo. Tomorrow would have been a great day to wear white at home with either those or the current white jerseys and break out the new blue pants, as weather in Orchard Park is going to be sunny and about 72° at kickoff.

If either is the plan nothing has been announced so I expect to see Buffalo in the normal home blue jerseys with white pants.

Still ... a very classic AFC look from the 70s and very early 80s. Love those red away pants of the Chiefs.

play_madden_sims_b3_576.jpg

Archived