Who wears Minnesota's best jersey?

zpqmaowl

It's good. Not great. I generally dislike shoulder stripes, and I really don't like the numbers set in Futura Bold Condensed Tattered Canvas. Just go with the green alternate, its white counterpart being worn in Houston, and some faux-leather brown breezers. Let them look as old as possible.

No

They're a 2000's expansion team... Also when you have a primary logo as good as that, it makes zero sense to use a script on the front.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give the nod to the Warroad Warriors (HS). They are the original "Hockeytown USA" and have some awesome, timeless jerseys to boot. A number of Minnesota's greatest players have come from Warroad.

The jerseys are a classic design, but the Warriors logo is unique and pretty awesome. The whole thing works well together.

article_32211_2.jpg

314warroad1.jpg

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

I love having the high school sweaters around the concourse, provided there are enough to make it work. Never seen pictures of Minnesota's setup, but it looks pretty cool at the Devils' arena.

The Devils don't have enough to make it work; they include the jerseys of youth travel teams, too.

Oh they do? Never mind. See, look what happens when I try to say anything nice about the Devils.

They're a 2000's expansion team... Also when you have a primary logo as good as that, it makes zero sense to use a script on the front.

Yeah but MINNESOTA. And their logo isn't that good. They also have the worst nickname in sports. I go to great lengths to refer to them only as "Minnesota." Hawks are playing Minnesota. Not a good division there with the Flames, Oilers, Avs, and Minnesota.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah but MINNESOTA. And their logo isn't that good. They also have the worst nickname in sports. I go to great lengths to refer to them only as "Minnesota." Hawks are playing Minnesota. Not a good division there with the Flames, Oilers, Avs, and Minnesota.

Okay, its a terrible name for a hockey team. But that logo is one of, if not the, best in NHL history. The way it effortlessly combines the head of a wild animal with a forest scene is inspiring. The logo is so good that when it was used full time on both the home and away jerseys, you almost forgot about the awful name. The current alternate jersey script on the other hand is the epitome of uninspired. Looks like they were trying to copy that awful third jersey the Mighty Ducks used to wear...

It is too bad about Minnesota having the worst name in the NHL. The logo could easily be used with a better name. I know it's not going to happen (nor am I saying should), but I'd even argue that the logo could work with the North Stars nickname. The bear's eye is a star, and I realize it's a stretch, but that would still be better than the "Wild."

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

It is too bad about Minnesota having the worst name in the NHL. The logo could easily be used with a better name. I know it's not going to happen (nor am I saying should), but I'd even argue that the logo could work with the North Stars nickname. The bear's eye is a star, and I realize it's a stretch, but that would still be better than the "Wild."

Changing the nickname to Voyageurs would easily allow them to keep the bear head logo.

Changing the nickname to Voyageurs would easily allow them to keep the bear head logo.

And there we go -- a name that's better than what they have now. :)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived