Who wears Minnesota's best jersey?

zpqmaowl

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641053

Minnesota is named the "State of Hockey" for a reason. We have the most registered hockey players of any other state in the country. It stands to reason that we probably have the most teams of any other state as well.

But which of those teams looks the best on the ice? We're not talking talent, either. We mean, who has the best jersey in the State of Minnesota?

That's what we want to find out, and we need your help to do so.

Via our Facebook page, we're asking fans to submit a photo of their favorite jersey of a team that plays, or played in Minnesota. You could submit a Wild jersey, a Bemidji State Beaver jersey, a North Star jersey, your daughter's Mite jersey or your brother's bar league team jersey.

The only stipulation is the team's home games have to be played within the borders of the State of Hockey. Keep in mind that others may nominate your team's jersey, so it's up to you to get your Facebook friends to vote for yours in particular.

Submissions will be accepted from now until September 19, with preliminary voting starting on the 20th.

Photos can be action shots, posed shots or just the jersey itself. Once you've submitted your jersey, share it with your friends and get them to vote. The top 32 vote-getters will be placed into a bracket on October 1, with fans narrowing the bids down to the top jersey.

The person who submits the best jersey in the State of Hockey will receive an hour of ice time at Xcel Energy Center on the afternoon of December 22 for themselves and 19 friends. The group will then get to watch from a suite as the Wild hosts the Colorado Avalanche.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Submissions will be accepted from now until September 19, with preliminary voting starting on the 20th.
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I went to school there, and so I used to go to Wild games a lot when the team was new. They have a lot of the high school jerseys hanging up at the XCel Energy Center. You can see 'em here - http://www.vintageminnesotahockey.com/xcelhsjerseys.html

I can't figure out how to see and vote on everything submitted to the online contest. Too bad, because it's a great idea.

Those are some beautiful sweaters. Are the Wild and the Jets (I'm pretty sure they hang up AAA teams or something like that too) the only ones who hang up hockey sweaters/jerseys around their rink?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Those are some beautiful sweaters. Are the Wild and the Jets (I'm pretty sure they hang up AAA teams or something like that too) the only ones who hang up hockey sweaters/jerseys around their rink?

The Devils have sweaters from every high school in New Jersey with a hockey team around the concourses of the Prudential Center.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The Devils have sweaters from every high school in New Jersey with a hockey team around the concourses of the Prudential Center.

Mellon Arena had a hallway lined with all the jerseys of local high schools...I assume Consol has the same thing, but I don't remember seeing it when I was there

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Same thing with the Blue Jackets at Nationwide.

/Crawls back into "What's the NHL?" mode.

6fQjS3M.png

Saw some amateur teams jerseys at Jobing.Com arena, but not sure if they are for high school teams.

No, those are just the Coyotes' old jerseys. [/Tooeasy]

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love having the high school sweaters around the concourse, provided there are enough to make it work. Never seen pictures of Minnesota's setup, but it looks pretty cool at the Devils' arena.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

gaborik-82.png

Boom. No contest necessary. Too bad the Wild have spent the last few years completely ruining their identity.

This.

And kudos for finding a picture of Gaborik wearing #82

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I believe the Jackets do this at Nationwide Arena as well.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I believe the Jackets do this at Nationwide Arena as well.

Yes, that's what crashcarson said:

Same thing with the Blue Jackets at Nationwide.

/Crawls back into "What's the NHL?" mode.

Tampa has high school jerseys in the club level. It's a damn shame how many schools/clubs are just using barely tweaked collegiate or minor pro logos.

I do enjoy the team that replaced the seal in the Oakland Seals logo with a manatee of the same style though.

gaborik-82.png

Boom. No contest necessary. Too bad the Wild have spent the last few years completely ruining their identity.

Can't remember the time I agreed with a post so wholeheartedly. Though the fact Northstars jerseys qualify definitely give this a run for it's money

gaborik-82.png

Can't remember the time I agreed with a post so wholeheartedly. Though the fact Northstars jerseys qualify definitely give this a run for it's money

The first thing I thought of when I read the first post was, "What if everyone submitted the old green Wild jersey instead of a high school?"

Could be an opportunity to send a message to the Wild. Maybe the Wild is even using this as one measure of its jerseys' popularities.

It's good. Not great. I generally dislike shoulder stripes, and I really don't like the numbers set in Futura Bold Condensed Tattered Canvas. Just go with the green alternate, its white counterpart being worn in Houston, and some faux-leather brown breezers. Let them look as old as possible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived