Who wears Minnesota's best jersey?

zpqmaowl

The Wild's first set was pretty good. Though this set is, in my opinion, one of the best in NHL history.

007100410033_stars_v_wild-1.jpg

Agreed.

Also, this should have been our last memory of Mike Modano, it would have been as close to as awesome as the Ray Bourque send off but without the Cup.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wild's first set was pretty good. Though this set is, in my opinion, one of the best in NHL history.

north-stars-mike-modano.png

If that came out now, everybody would complain that they don't match (like they do with the Wild), and there's BFBS, and that "they should go back to the 80s, or the 70s, or the expansion ones, because those were perfect." Nostalgia makes everything look good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If that came out now, everybody would complain that they don't match (like they do with the Wild), and there's BFBS, and that "they should go back to the 80s, or the 70s, or the expansion ones, because those were perfect." Nostalgia makes everything look good.

I wouldn't. There are enough similarities between both jerseys to give the set some fair consistency. Colors are the same, striping is fairly similar, etc.

The Wild however: Different crests, somewhat different colors (only vintage white on home jersey), completely different jersey striping, different number fonts, different collars, different everything.

north-stars-mike-modano.png

Except I don't have any nostalgia for the old North Stars, I just really like those uniforms. The jerseys don't match, yes, but they're similar enough to see them as belonging in the same set, much like the Blackhawks' home and road designs.

I'm generally not a fan of BFBS but I think it works here. There's nothing wrong with kelly green and athletic gold, but I think the black just makes the whole thing "pop" a bit more.

Except I don't have any nostalgia for the old North Stars, I just really like those uniforms. The jerseys don't match, yes, but they're similar enough to see them as belonging in the same set, much like the Blackhawks' home and road designs.

I'm generally not a fan of BFBS but I think it works here. There's nothing wrong with kelly green and athletic gold, but I think the black just makes the whole thing "pop" a bit more.

Agreed, though I wish the black was used a little more sparingly. It really overpowers the kelly green on the away jersey.

As for it being the North Stars best jersey... certainly an arguable point but I personally prefer the double striped ones from the 70's. Simplicity suited them

ns1y.jpg

They had a much shorter existence than a lot of NHL teams but the North Stars are definitely in the no bad uniforms category. Even their last ones were great and went on to be one of Dallas' strongest looks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, friggin' Cloquet won with a garish purple and gold jersey with a sad hobo on the front, beating out my submission of the gorgeous Warroad Warriors black jersey - perfection on ice, costing me a chance to take 20 people to a Wild game in a private suite. I'm not pleased one bit by that final result. There's no way that horrid jersey should have beaten the North Stars one. No way,

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Warroad is just a Blackhawks white jersey recolored, with a shoddy logo and the arched wordmark above it that everybody made fun of when the Canucks did it. Really, I don't think any "Best Jersey" awards should be given to something that someone already uses, and especially something so common (I swear there's one of those Chicago white recolors in every league at every level). Idk what one there is the best one, you can't look at the options very easily anymore, but I thought a lot of them were just phoned in

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yea, friggin' Cloquet won with a garish purple and gold jersey with a sad hobo on the front, beating out my submission of the gorgeous Warroad Warriors black jersey - perfection on ice, costing me a chance to take 20 people to a Wild game in a private suite. I'm not pleased one bit by that final result. There's no way that horrid jersey should have beaten the North Stars one. No way,

Its an opinion. People have different ones all the time. . :hockeysmiley:

It was my favorite as a kid, and will always be.

I know a lot of those jerseys on the VintageNHL site posted on page 1 are out dated. These programs change as often as EPL teams.

Last year my alma mater dropped the boring arched text and got a new, snazzy logo

YouthNight_Feb4-56.JPG

That is snazzy, and isn't a robo-penguin rip. Dig.

It is a Boston College rip-off though.

bc-logo.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, three stripes on a hockey sleeve's not exactly groundbreaking.

And...

It is a Boston College rip-off though.

D'oh! I'll have to take back my praise, then.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Those are some beautiful sweaters. Are the Wild and the Jets (I'm pretty sure they hang up AAA teams or something like that too) the only ones who hang up hockey sweaters/jerseys around their rink?

The concourse of Scotiabank Place has all the Ottawa-area high school and minor hockey team jerseys displayed.

Archived