Ottawa RedBlacks to Return CFL to Canadian Capital City

officeglenn

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I saw the french version of the name "Rouge et Noir" (Red and Black)... For the marketing across the river!

In the province, the Laval University' football team is call "Rouge et Or" (Red and Gold) and the Sherbrooke University's football team is calle "Rouge et Vert" (Red and Green)...

And sometimes, we called the Canadiens "Le Bleu Blanc Rouge" (The Blue White and Red)...

My province is now officially "The least friendly place for the colorblinds"!

Le Québécois

Montreal

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

The only thing I really don't like is the spelling of RedBlacks. I think it would look better as Redblacks and the logo would now make sense with it only being an R. If they must do it that way why not make it 2 words or with a hyphen?

I personally hate the new name and am not a fan of the logo.

And hey, at least you have the headquarters for Air Canada, the least colourful airline in North America.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

it's Vert et Or for Sherbrooke

Oui c'est vrai! Pis c'est ridicule comme nom! Spécialement quand il y a déjà un Rouge et Or!

What is worst? The RedBlacks name or having 2 teams outta 9 called the RoughRiders like it used to be?

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

it's Vert et Or for Sherbrooke

Oui c'est vrai! Pis c'est ridicule comme nom! Spécialement quand il y a déjà un Rouge et Or!

What is worst? The RedBlacks name or having 2 teams outta 9 called the RoughRiders like it used to be?

Speaking of nine teams, how is scheduling going to work? Will 1 team have a bye each week during the season?

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Why is the Redblacks logo a saw blade?

Ottawa got its start as a lumber town.

It's a great concept that's poorly executed. Now if you want to see it well executed we just have to turn to the beloved beaver-hatted log roller...

0ynsl3dhreggfvzb6nrf4vfof.gif

tigercatssignature-1.png

RedBlacks is worse. I for one rather enjoyed the Roughriders vs. Rough Riders meetings. A return of the Renegades would've in fact been a better move, name-wise.

I don't think it's worse, it's always better to avoid duplication, but yes the return of the Renegades would have been better, that name actually grew on me.

Perhaps RedBlacks is supposed to symbolize that it's a government town where imagination and creativity is non-existent....

tigercatssignature-1.png

RedBlacks is worse. I for one rather enjoyed the Roughriders vs. Rough Riders meetings. A return of the Renegades would've in fact been a better move, name-wise.

Renegades may sound like a better name, but from a branding standpoint it would be a terrible decision. If you want to establish an identity that you hope lasts for decades I'd stay away from the name of a team that existed for all of 3 years and was relevant for 0 of those years. If the Minnesota Wild have proven anything it's that having a stupid name doesn't necessarily mean the brand will be terrible. The logo and colors are nice, so as long as they don't mess up the uniforms I wouldn't call this a failure.

as long as they don't mess up the uniforms I wouldn't call this a failure.

But they probably will. I bet there'll be some silver in there somehow

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived