2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - that's a variation of the old logo where the dolphin passes through the sun like a hoop. Here's a better look at that table, released by the team after that signing photo caused a leak rumor:

dolphins.jpg

Interesting. I suppose, then, the Dolphins are going to hold onto all changes right up until draft day. How disappointing. Are there any instances of teams unveiling their new logo/colors right on draft day?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Heck, there have been teams that held changes past draft day. They might well do that.

I don't remember that happening, but I'm not surprised. The Dolphins seem to like to pull B.S. stunts like that anyway.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Heck, there have been teams that held changes past draft day. They might well do that.

And, in this particular case, especially if the Dolphins are actually scrambling to come up with an alternate to the leaked logo we've seen, it would probably be a good sign if changes were held past draft day.

Mike Hartline re-signing with the Dolphins, but look at the logo etched into the glass. That doesn't look like the current Dolphins logo. The tail is going behind the sun. Is this a legit leak?

BEz9hsmCUAAMiHL.jpg

Actually it's Brian Hartline, not Mike. Hopefully this is the last "bulletin" on this pic (it's been covered several times). No offense.

It's not a harbinger of the new logo but it does reinforce an impression people had (including me) about the old one. From the first time I saw the Dolphins as a kid, I never looked at the circular element as the sun but rather some kind of flaming hoop or something. Jumping through something was a common trick for dolphins to perform at aquariums back in the day. It wasn't till I saw the version where the whole dolphin (not just the tail) was completely in front of the sun or whatever it is that I figured out that impression might be wrong. If that was a sun it was a really bad one, what with being white and all. :wacko:

Always like this larger version of the helmet logo:

finsbacks-72_display_image.jpg?1287682473

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I still prefer the red/white/silver scheme best of all.

nfl_g_dsanders_jh_400.jpg

+1. Glanville killed a beauty.

Yet I would argue that the switch the primarily black was the perfect move for that team at that time. It fit Glanville's persona, and perfectly capitalized on a current trend. I was in junior high back then and remember thinking that the Falcons were the best-looking team in the league. I went out and bought a Falcons starter jacket. Considering I grew up in rural central Minnesota, that was tough to find.

Yesterday evening on local sports radio, one of the disembodied voices said he had it from a pretty reliable source that the Jags would be going to a mostly gold helmet with a "black section" and black mask and the new logo on the sides. He stated it would be about 2/3 gold with the rest black. He didn't do a great job at getting a good mental image across, I pictured it as a wider stripe in black, akin to the Seahawks new helmets.

Take it for what it is I guess. I still just want a plain glass black helmet, black mask and the new logo with no keyline please.

I am surprised this didn't receive more talk. I am going to be bitter if I see a gold shell before a teal shell.

Bengals, Browns, Vikings, Eagles, and Rams don't have their primary logo on their helmets. Just trying to be "that guy".

The most recent of those helmets was unveiled in 1981. That's what I was getting at; the NFL is not the organization it was thirty-two years ago.

Totally not related to anything, but reading the words 1981 and 32 years ago just cut deep, man.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Yesterday evening on local sports radio, one of the disembodied voices said he had it from a pretty reliable source that the Jags would be going to a mostly gold helmet with a "black section" and black mask and the new logo on the sides. He stated it would be about 2/3 gold with the rest black. He didn't do a great job at getting a good mental image across, I pictured it as a wider stripe in black, akin to the Seahawks new helmets.

Take it for what it is I guess. I still just want a plain glass black helmet, black mask and the new logo with no keyline please.

I am surprised this didn't receive more talk. I am going to be bitter if I see a gold shell before a teal shell.

This is the 2nd time I've heard the rumor of Gold/Black helmet. I sure hope not. Im hoping it is just a normal black helmet but I doubt that will be the case. I'm sure the helmet with get the Hydro treatment. Colorwerx is the background on your Jags helmet file black or is it clear?

Bengals, Browns, Vikings, Eagles, and Rams don't have their primary logo on their helmets. Just trying to be "that guy".

The most recent of those helmets was unveiled in 1981. That's what I was getting at; the NFL is not the organization it was thirty-two years ago.

Totally not related to anything, but reading the words 1981 and 32 years ago just cut deep, man.

No kidding. I was a sophomore in college in 1981.

This is the 2nd time I've heard the rumor of Gold/Black helmet. I sure hope not. Im hoping it is just a normal black helmet but I doubt that will be the case. I'm sure the helmet with get the Hydro treatment. Colorwerx is the background on your Jags helmet file black or is it clear?

I must have heard the same convo from those after hour clowns. I'm not gonna discount it but I'm also not gonna beat the ranch on it. I'm trying to get more info because this Bold Gold with Matte black helmet is picking up steam in the last few days locally. SMH

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Colorwerx is the background on your Jags helmet file black or is it clear?

The Jags haven't released helmet files as of yet. Just logos and wordmarks so far.

I could have sworn I seen on your site the hemet file and it said it uses the same metallic gold for the logo like previous years. I just checked your site, You have a file that says helmet mark. It says "Note the use of metallic gold in place of the dark gold. It is the primary logo on what looks like a black background.

The Jags haven't released helmet files as of yet. Just logos and wordmarks so far.

I could have sworn I seen on your site the hemet file and it said it uses the same metallic gold for the logo like previous years. I just checked your site, You have a file that says helmet mark. It says "Note the use of metallic gold in place of the dark gold. It is the primary logo on what looks like a black background.

Yeah - they're still using Metallic Gold in the helmet decal...I just placed it on a Black background for effect.

They haven't officially unveiled a helmet color yet.

Yeah - they're still using Metallic Gold in the helmet decal...I just placed it on a Black background for effect.

They haven't officially unveiled a helmet color yet.

Oh alright. Well at least we can put to rest the one color logo on the helmet.

I must have heard the same convo from those after hour clowns. I'm not gonna discount it but I'm also not gonna beat the ranch on it. I'm trying to get more info because this Bold Gold with Matte black helmet is picking up steam in the last few days locally. SMH

I really hope that nothing like this happens, as I've always enjoyed the all-black helms we've always gone with, but did anyone else remember or think about something similar to this?

xnxf90.jpg

Frankly, I'm deeply unsettled, especially considering how military-esque it seems, seeing as the organization seems to be leaning that direction.

Archived