2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Just a feeling, but I doubt that the NFL would let a team wear a one color logo like that on their helmet.

The below happened, though at the time, the NFL would not have felt the need to guard against some of the trends we currently see.

old-atlanta-falcons-helmet-i19.jpg

But this was their primary logo at the time. My point was more that I couldn't see the NFL allowing a team to dilute their brand by altering their primary logo like that to put on the helmet. The helmet is arguably a bigger piece of a team's identity than the logo itself and I don't think the league would want the logo on the helmet to be different than the primary mark used for everything else. Of course, this is just my guess, but I'd be shocked if the full-color jaguar head wasn't on the helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be a sharp new Jaguars helmet with the new logo. It would actually make the new logo look better.

http://cdn2.sbnation...ttegoldetch.png

I don't like the logo & I don't like a matte helmet but something must be wrong with me because I like this helmet.

I actually like the logo in one color like it is on this helmet.

..on another note...does anyone else want to see the Falcons go with a red helmet and keep the current logo?

Personally, I think that would look great.

I was hoping for red when I first heard about the Falcons change to their current helmet logo a few years back and haven't changed my mind. Black bird on red helmet would look SO much better than black bird on black helmet.

slideshow_1222125_2.jpg

As I have stated before, this IMHO is the best current look in football, at any level. It looks so good, in fact, I bet it would still look good with the current over-designed logo (minus the pointless second gray outline) and the current number font. (And, if you must have it, a black facemask, you crybabies!)

..on another note...does anyone else want to see the Falcons go with a red helmet and keep the current logo?

I was hoping for red when I first heard about the Falcons change to their current helmet logo a few years back and haven't changed my mind. Black bird on red helmet would look SO much better than black bird on black helmet.

slideshow_1222125_2.jpg

As I have stated before, this IMHO is the best current look in football, at any level. It looks so good, in fact, I bet it would still look good with the current over-designed logo (minus the pointless second gray outline) and the current number font. (And, if you must have it, a black facemask, you crybabies!)

It looks good..... as an alternate/throwback. Not full time.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

slideshow_1222125_2.jpg

I'd prefer white

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Just a feeling, but I doubt that the NFL would let a team wear a one color logo like that on their helmet.

If you guys checked out Colorwerx graphics of the Jaguars he shows the full colored primary logo on a helmet on a black background. So Im guessing thats what the helmet will look like. Correct me if Im wrong.

Earlier in this thread a Jags fan posted pics of the team's promotional materials for the upcoming London game, which showed the new logo on a black helmet/facemask. FWIW.

Yesterday evening on local sports radio, one of the disembodied voices said he had it from a pretty reliable source that the Jags would be going to a mostly gold helmet with a "black section" and black mask and the new logo on the sides. He stated it would be about 2/3 gold with the rest black. He didn't do a great job at getting a good mental image across, I pictured it as a wider stripe in black, akin to the Seahawks new helmets.

Take it for what it is I guess. I still just want a plain glass black helmet, black mask and the new logo with no keyline please.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

When was the last time a team introduced a helmet logo that wasn't also their primary logo?

The NFL is very particular about its helmets, given their importance to branding. No other sport is regularly visually identified solely by a piece of equipment - World Series lineups aren't depicted as a face-off between caps.

Bengals, Browns, Vikings, Eagles, and Rams don't have their primary logo on their helmets. Just trying to be "that guy".

Those have been around so long that those teams are still instantly recognizeable by those helmet designs, which serve as defacto alternate logos for each team (or in the Browns' case, primary.) Heck - the Rams would be better off using their helmet as a primary as opposed to their current ram mascot.

When was the last time a team introduced a helmet logo that wasn't also their primary logo?

The NFL is very particular about its helmets, given their importance to branding. No other sport is regularly visually identified solely by a piece of equipment - World Series lineups aren't depicted as a face-off between caps.

Hence why there's no home, road, or alt helmet options in NFL - just throwback.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think there's any chance the Jags will do it, but I don't see why the NFL would try to block it.

indianapolis-colts-authentic-pro-line-revolution-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

Totally different. That is the Colts' actual primary logo. The Jags concept is basically a photo negative image of their logo. The Rams/Vikings/Eagles are different stories because their helmets provide different elements that are organic to the team names, but I think there's no way the NFL would let a team make a new logo and then put a color-swapped outline of that logo on its helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Bengals, Browns, Vikings, Eagles, and Rams don't have their primary logo on their helmets. Just trying to be "that guy".

The most recent of those helmets was unveiled in 1981. That's what I was getting at; the NFL is not the organization it was thirty-two years ago.

Yep. I doubt you'll ever see a helmet in that style ever again at the NFL level.

Mike Hartline re-signing with the Dolphins, but look at the logo etched into the glass. That doesn't look like the current Dolphins logo. The tail is going behind the sun. Is this a legit leak?

BEz9hsmCUAAMiHL.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived