2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replace the black with navy, get rid of all of that unnecessary sun ray crap, and modify the number font and I think it could end up being a really nice solution. I love the contrast of the dark elements against the bright teal along with the balance of the white from the helmet, shoulders, and pants; It really pops. I also love the helmet stripe. Again, get rid of the black and use navy and it gets exponentially better.

That concept is beyond horrible. The most important thing is that it emphasizes why the leaked logo would be a terrible idea for the Dolphins. The tail would be cut off on the Revo Speed helmets. Sure, other teams like the Vikings have to deal with their logo being cut off, but they have established logos and have more-or-less been wearing that helmet for 50 years. It would be incredibly dumb for the Dolphins to change from a logo they have worn forever to a bad, horizontal logo that requires the tail be cut off on half the helmets. I sure hope the Dolphins got good looks at the Revo Speed with their decal on it before they chose which logo to go with.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That concept is beyond horrible. The most important thing is that it emphasizes why the leaked logo would be a terrible idea for the Dolphins. The tail would be cut off on the Revo Speed helmets. Sure, other teams like the Vikings have to deal with their logo being cut off, but they have established logos and have more-or-less been wearing that helmet for 50 years. It would be incredibly dumb for the Dolphins to change from a logo they have worn forever to a bad, horizontal logo that requires the tail be cut off on half the helmets. I sure hope the Dolphins got good looks at the Revo Speed with their decal on it before they chose which logo to go with.

agreed, because it seems the Speed is a staple now in the league. but it also shows the helmets poor design for the same reasons. if i were an equipment manager for someone like the Vikings, i wouldnt order any Speeds. the major downside there is its actually one of the safest helmets

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1. The Dolphins have no business in black.

2. The sunburst looks bad, and especially so with the nameplate on top.

3. I like the number font and the orange add-on... but gradient numbers?

4. The Orange Alt should be Orange/Blue, not Orange/Black

5. The Dolphins have no business in black. I know I said this already, but it bears repeating.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about that Dolphins uniform. It's just a concept that somebody posted online. I think he actually used to post here, the name looks familiar.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

agreed, because it seems the Speed is a staple now in the league. but it also shows the helmets poor design for the same reasons. if i were an equipment manager for someone like the Vikings, i wouldnt order any Speeds. the major downside there is its actually one of the safest helmets

Um - if it is one of the safest helmets then why is it a poor design? If it's doing what it's supposed to do and if it screws up a team's logo then so be it, and design around it.

I'm not sure at all it's "doing what it's supposed to." We won't be able to tech our way out of this particular crisis.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about that Dolphins uniform. It's just a concept that somebody posted online. I think he actually used to post here, the name looks familiar.

As the original poster said, it comes from the Uni Watch "Re-design the Dolphins" project.

Um - if it is one of the safest helmets then why is it a poor design? If it's doing what it's supposed to do and if it screws up a team's logo then so be it, and design around it.

the aesthetics are obviously poor because of what TOR mention, i wasnt commenting on the function. and of course form follows function, but in this case im not sure if the helmet's vent needs to be there. even if it were closed it would improve the design where logos could paste over top of it and not look complete :censored:. i think the designers of the helmet were more concerned with adding a vent that would be a trademark of the design (because then, who needs a logo?) and didnt feel like the Vikings and such were all that important

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the aesthetics are obviously poor because of what TOR mention, i wasnt commenting on the function. and of course form follows function, but in this case im not sure if the helmet's vent needs to be there. even if it were closed it would improve the design where logos could paste over top of it and not look complete :censored:. i think the designers of the helmet were more concerned with adding a vent that would be a trademark of the design (because then, who needs a logo?) and didnt feel like the Vikings and such were all that important

I think I have to agree with that - it seems like all the remaining hemlet companies are over-designing the shell these days so they can patent it. That was the cause of action in that lawsuit between Riddell and Schutt that basically forced Schutt to rework the shell of the DNA and the ION helmet because they extened toward the jaw somewhat like the Riddell Revolution.

i think the designers of the helmet were more concerned with adding a vent that would be a trademark of the design (because then, who needs a logo?)

Have to admt, that did occur to me as well.

Yeah I've always felt that was why it was placed there

I agree with this. Do those holes really need to be there or are they there to either make the helmet look "kewl" or to advertise the helmet to colleges/highschools/pop warner players? Partly because I am on old fuddy duddy, but partly for the integrity of the logos, I'd rather the helmets be designed around the logos. They should never have designed a helmet that caused the Vikings to have to bastardize their 50-year old helmet design.

In fairness to Roman's point, the Dolphins probably should make this a consideration, but the thing that bothers me the most is the "kewl" helmet design to begin with. Or am I wrong? Is there some kind of advantage? I'd rather see the Riddel and Bike design (with the round ear holes) from the 80s.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived