New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

I'm actually really impressed with the way that turned out. The way the top of the wing interacts with the rest of the logo, serving as an underline for the wordmark is really nice. The typography is beautiful, though I wish they stayed along the lines of their older font's serifs.

Not bad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow really impressed. Didn't like the bird by itself. By as a whole the primary logo looks great. Looks like we got another team focusing on the city opposed to the nickname.

I wonder what they'll b referred to as, the pels? The cans? The NOLAcans would sound kinda cool.

NewOrleansPelicans_zps10defbd6.png

Looks like they're focusing COMPLETELY on the city name. Weird. Decent wordmark though. I'll live with it.

I like this alot the red color they are using seems to have some purple in it which differentiates from the rest of the red teams.

Something about the top of the logo is bothering me just can't put my finger on it yet.

I will say this though, I don't like the way they rendered the wings, they look bad and too round IMO kinda soft looking.

And that video reminds me of one I'd fall asleep to in history class or something. It's very boring until the last like 20 seconds

Archived