Colours Associated with Areas

kw11333

While there are only 2 North American major teams that call Utah home, the Utah Jazz and Real Salt Lake both have some sort of blue and yellow in their schemes:

bjczdahgo4ubibgppan36dxcm.gif

swguqeffozgdb59hhfc9sfhhu.gif

However, red (or as the fans call it, claret) happens to be RSL's primary color, and the Jazz use a good deal of dark green.

For minor leagues, I don't see much similarities: The PCL's Salt Lake Bees are Black/Yellow*, the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies are Green/Black/Copper, the Pioneer League's Ogden Raptors and Orem Owlz roughly match their parent clubs (Dodgers, Angels, respectively)--thus Ogden is Royal/White and Orem is Red/Navy with Yellow trim. The defunct-for-a-couple-years independent Golden Baseball League's St. George Roadrunners were Burnt Orange/Navy.

As for colleges throughout the state, red and blue (primarily navy) dominate. The U of U, Southern Utah, and Dixie State all are scarlet red; Utah State, BYU, Snow (Jr.) College, the former College of Easter Utah (now USU-Price), and Salt Lake Community College are primarily blue*. The only higher schools (not counting the likes of Westminster) that are exceptions to this are Utah Valley (Green/Yellow?) and Weber State (Purple/Black).

Not to say that some of these schools have their different secondary colors--Utah and Southern Utah are Red/Black, Dixie State is Red/Navy; Utah State is Navy/Gray, BYU is simply Navy/WhiteSnow College used to be Navy/Yellow but recently adopted Orange as its official secondary color, and Eastern Utah was Royal/Yellow, and I believe Salt Lake Community is Royal/Black. Also, Utah Valley seems to be more Green/Black and Weber State's official colors are Purple/Yellow though they've been Purple/Black/Silver for a while.

Quite the stretch for this topic.

Yea, I figured--the Jazz's and RSL's shades of blue are definitely not the same.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formerly: Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics wore navy, black, and copper before all going to red/white/blue (& Nats too; no the Redskins did not participate). Vikings and Lakers wore purple/yellow (then LA took it for Kings/Lakers, then Kings switched to silver/black to match Raiders). Packers and Bucks were both green/yellow for years.

Not quite. I'm guessing you have the first Bucks logo in mind (with Bango spinning the ball on his hoof), but no shade of gold ever made it on to their uniforms.

You could definitely argue red for Chicago. The Blackhawks, Bulls and Fire wear it as a dominant color. The Cubs have it as trim. The White Sox and Bears are the odd ones out, but the Sox have worn red in the past.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Only ones that really pop out at me are Black and Gold for Pittsburgh considering every pro team wears it.

Although Blue and Green remind me of the Pacific Northwest, it doesn't for sports. Trailblazers don't use it; Seahawks no more; Sonics never did; Canucks have had more color schemes than I can count.

Also- Blue and Orange is very New Yorky to me. Isles, Knicks, Mets. Based on the city flag I believe.

When I think of Toronto sports, I instantly think of blue with the Jays, Leafs and Argos.

sig.png

I think theres a few legit ones:

New York: Orange and Blue

Miami: Some form of green -which includes teal - and Orange

Pittsburgh: Black and Gold/Yellow

Quebec: Red White Blue

Washington DC: Red White Blue

Seattle: Some form of Green

Light Blue: Carolinas

I thnk most of the others are more coincidental than really tying the colors into the City. For exampe A lot of Detroit teams wear Blue, but I think that's more coincidental - as w've said a million times on this forum there are a TON of teams that wear some form of blue, so I wouldn't look to much into why three teams from one city wearing blue. HOWEVER, in the case of Carolina teams wearing Blue, you can understand it beng more intentional.

Or its on purpose but due to factors outside of really tying the color into the area.. For example the Lakers, Sparks, D-Fenders, and formerly the LA Kings all wearing Purple and Gold is not really about the city colors but more about all playing in same arena and in some cases having same ownership. Unlike, the Pittsburgh teams for example.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Arizona (I suppose PHX metro area, sans UA) uses a lot of reds (though definitely not all the same hue): UA, ASU, Coyotes, Cards, and DBacks.

And if you stretch it quite a bit to include orange, the Suns.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Blue and yellow for southern California teams:

1. Chargers

2. UCLA

3. Galaxy

4. Rams

5. Sockers

6. Padres

The Padres have never worn blue & yellow.

Well technically the Padres haven't worn blue and yellow together, but both colors are a part of their uniform history.

Blue and yellow for southern California teams:

1. Chargers

2. UCLA

3. Galaxy

4. Rams

5. Sockers

6. Padres

The Padres have never worn blue & yellow.

Well technically the Padres haven't worn blue and yellow together, but both colors are a part of their uniform history.

Until last year they had worn blue and sand which I would say is close enough to yellow.

Archived