Colours Associated with Areas

kw11333

IE The three pacific Northwest teams (Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland) all have had blue and green in their teams colours schemes

I am not saying all do, but it is a common theme. In the MLS, all three teams even display the Cascadia flag (shown below) at their games, which display these colours.

tumblr_lkr1kbfrYs1qcfpsko1_500.png

I know a few NY teams have orange and blue in their jerseys and logos, are there more cities/areas that do this?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but there are multiple teams in the state of Florida with Orange in the color scheme - Tampa Bay Bucs, Miami Dolphins, Hurricanes, and Marlins, U of FLorida, Fla A&M, etc.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but there are multiple teams in the state of Florida with Orange in the color scheme - Tampa Bay Bucs, Miami Dolphins, Hurricanes, and Marlins, U of FLorida, Fla A&M, etc.

The U's colors come from the Miami City Flag.

miami.gif

Aqua/Teal in Miami (even though the Marlins don't wear these colors anymore):

reggiebush.jpgsantiago.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Blue in Toronto (see my sig).

Also, most Québec teams use red, white, and blue, for obvious reasons.

7girc9njwggew8ibx8i0.gif124.gif0uoumo4hp8daek0qfmje0rol3.gif270.gif730y7m6r8eijx4hv4i4edg5fy.gif

(Alouettes, Habs, Expos, Nordiques, and the now-defunct Montréal Bleu Blanc et Rouge)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I suppose blue in New York as well:

000f5cz0.jpg26.2s050.METS.c--300x300.jpgprust_lundqvist-glock.jpgact_carmelo_anthony.jpg154883924.0_standard_352.0.jpggetty_johntavares.jpg

126230-650-366.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Blue in Toronto (see my sig).

Also, most Québec teams use red, white, and blue, for obvious reasons.

7girc9njwggew8ibx8i0.gif124.gif0uoumo4hp8daek0qfmje0rol3.gif270.gif730y7m6r8eijx4hv4i4edg5fy.gif

(Alouettes, Habs, Expos, Nordiques, and the now-defunct Montréal Bleu Blanc et Rouge)

Yeah, I have heard so many times, NOT to call it the red white and blue. English or French, they want you to say "Bleu Blanc et Rouge"

There's not that much more ground to cover, but I'll throw in a few more:

-Other than the Suns, the Phoenix area has a dark red/tan thing going. The D-Backs and Coyotes have that color scheme, and you could make a stretch that the Cardinals and Arizona State also use those colors.

-You could also make the case for the state of Virginia and college teams. Both VIrginia and Virginia Tech have orange in their color schemes.

-You could make a similar claim for Arkansas. Both Arkansas and Arkansas State wear red.

-The Bay Area might have ownership of two sets of colors. Both Cal and the Warriors wear blue and gold, while Stanford and the 49ers wear cardinal.

If those sound like reaches, forgive me. In truth there really is only one area that has teams that wear similar colors: Pittsburgh. The discussion begins and ends there.

While there are only 2 North American major teams that call Utah home, the Utah Jazz and Real Salt Lake both have some sort of blue and yellow in their schemes:

bjczdahgo4ubibgppan36dxcm.gif

swguqeffozgdb59hhfc9sfhhu.gif

However, red (or as the fans call it, claret) happens to be RSL's primary color, and the Jazz use a good deal of dark green.

For minor leagues, I don't see much similarities: The PCL's Salt Lake Bees are Black/Yellow*, the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies are Green/Black/Copper, the Pioneer League's Ogden Raptors and Orem Owlz roughly match their parent clubs (Dodgers, Angels, respectively)--thus Ogden is Royal/White and Orem is Red/Navy with Yellow trim. The defunct-for-a-couple-years independent Golden Baseball League's St. George Roadrunners were Burnt Orange/Navy.

As for colleges throughout the state, red and blue (primarily navy) dominate. The U of U, Southern Utah, and Dixie State all are scarlet red; Utah State, BYU, Snow (Jr.) College, the former College of Easter Utah (now USU-Price), and Salt Lake Community College are primarily blue*. The only higher schools (not counting the likes of Westminster) that are exceptions to this are Utah Valley (Green/Yellow?) and Weber State (Purple/Black).

Not to say that some of these schools have their different secondary colors--Utah and Southern Utah are Red/Black, Dixie State is Red/Navy; Utah State is Navy/Gray, BYU is simply Navy/WhiteSnow College used to be Navy/Yellow but recently adopted Orange as its official secondary color, and Eastern Utah was Royal/Yellow, and I believe Salt Lake Community is Royal/Black. Also, Utah Valley seems to be more Green/Black and Weber State's official colors are Purple/Yellow though they've been Purple/Black/Silver for a while.

While there are only 2 North American major teams that call Utah home, the Utah Jazz and Real Salt Lake both have some sort of blue and yellow in their schemes:

bjczdahgo4ubibgppan36dxcm.gif

swguqeffozgdb59hhfc9sfhhu.gif

However, red (or as the fans call it, claret) happens to be RSL's primary color, and the Jazz use a good deal of dark green.

For minor leagues, I don't see much similarities: The PCL's Salt Lake Bees are Black/Yellow*, the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies are Green/Black/Copper, the Pioneer League's Ogden Raptors and Orem Owlz roughly match their parent clubs (Dodgers, Angels, respectively)--thus Ogden is Royal/White and Orem is Red/Navy with Yellow trim. The defunct-for-a-couple-years independent Golden Baseball League's St. George Roadrunners were Burnt Orange/Navy.

As for colleges throughout the state, red and blue (primarily navy) dominate. The U of U, Southern Utah, and Dixie State all are scarlet red; Utah State, BYU, Snow (Jr.) College, the former College of Easter Utah (now USU-Price), and Salt Lake Community College are primarily blue*. The only higher schools (not counting the likes of Westminster) that are exceptions to this are Utah Valley (Green/Yellow?) and Weber State (Purple/Black).

Not to say that some of these schools have their different secondary colors--Utah and Southern Utah are Red/Black, Dixie State is Red/Navy; Utah State is Navy/Gray, BYU is simply Navy/WhiteSnow College used to be Navy/Yellow but recently adopted Orange as its official secondary color, and Eastern Utah was Royal/Yellow, and I believe Salt Lake Community is Royal/Black. Also, Utah Valley seems to be more Green/Black and Weber State's official colors are Purple/Yellow though they've been Purple/Black/Silver for a while.

Quite the stretch for this topic.

Formerly: Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics wore navy, black, and copper before all going to red/white/blue (& Nats too; no the Redskins did not participate). Vikings and Lakers wore purple/yellow (then LA took it for Kings/Lakers, then Kings switched to silver/black to match Raiders). Packers and Bucks were both green/yellow for years.

Archived