5 sports venues you want to visit

1. Ben Hill Griffith Stadium, Gainesville Florida- Huge Gators fan, never been to Florida, let alone to The Swamp

2. Budweiser Gardens, London Ontario- Largest arena in the OHL, passionate junior hockey fans and lots of them.

3. Old Trafford, Greater Manchester England- Second largest football stadium in England, and football fans can get crazy.

4. PNC Park, San Francisco California- Always wanted to go to a baseball stadium with a view.

5. Nationwide Arena, Columbus Ohio- Want to see the cannon go off in person.

PAST:

1. Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto Ontario- Still exists, but not the way it was. Would still like to see a game there now, though.

2. Canada Hockey Place, Vancouver BC- Obviously now GM Place, but I can't imagine what it was like when Crosby scored.

3. Barton St. Forum, Hamilton Ontario- Home of the Hamilton Red Wings when they were actually good. Apparently an amazing rink.

4. Wrigley Field, Chicago Illinois- For a Bears game.

5. Old Yankee Stadium, New York City, New York- Duh.

PNC Park is in Pittsburgh.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen most MLB parks already, so those are all out.

1 - MTS Centre, Winnipeg Jets -- Do I really have to explain this?

2 - Villa Park, Aston Villa -- Okay, so I've toured the stadium, but I'd love to see a match there.

3 - Tiger Stadium, Louisiana State Tigers -- Can't imagine what it would be like to see a night game in Death Valley.

4 - Estadio Azteca, Mexico National Team -- I know I'd get eaten alive, but I'd love the experience of seeing the USMNT at Azteca.

5 - Jeld-Wen Field, Portland Timbers -- Timbers Army just seems fantastic.

Honorable Mention: Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Chesapeake Energy Arena, Olympiastadion Berlin, Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Parc des Princes.

6fQjS3M.png

My List in no particular order

1.) Daytona International Speedway for Speedweeks

2.) Indy 500

3.) Wrigley

4.) Cowboys Stadium

5.) Wherever The Super Bowl is being played...

Places I have crossed off the Bucket list

2006, Yankee Stadium

2009: Fenway Park

2010: Talladega Superspeedway

2010: Camden Yards

2011: Bristol Night Race....

I know...such a broad range...What can I say, I'm a simple man

Daytona isn't worth writing home about. Have been to several races there, and even more car shows. But then again, I haven't been to any other tracks so i don't really know what to measure it against.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

1. Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland to watch the gaelic football and hurling finals
  2. Wrigley Field, Chicago to see the Cubs. (Been to Comiskey, Tiger, Fenway and Yankee)
  3. Assembly Hall, Bloomington Indiana, to watch Indiana Hoosiers basketball
  4. SunCorp Stadium (Lang Park), Brisbane, Australia to watch the Brisbane Broncos rugby league team
  5. Leichhardt Oval, Sydney, Australia to watch the West Tigers rugby league team. Leichhardt is an old suburban ground that is used from time to time.

Of the old venues - Maple Leaf Gardens, Montreal Forum, pre-reno Yankee Stadium, the Palestra and Redfern Oval (another old suburban rugby league ground in Sydney)

Oh yeah, one last place the Wigwam in Anderson, Indiana to watch a high school basketball game.

Five, eh? I'm not a big "arena" guy. I mean I guess it would be cool to go Fenway or Wiggly, but they're not on list of things to do before I die or anything like that.

I guess the top venue on my list would have to be Madison Square Garden.

I'm also a bit bummed that I never saw a game at either Maple Leaf Gardens or the Montreal Forum.

C'mon, anyone else want to trek up to Val d'Or with me?

I'd go, because rural-ish Quebec hockey's gotta be a cool experience, but I'll probably get trash thrown at us, given my practically non-existent French :D

Oh yeah, one last place the Wigwam in Anderson, Indiana to watch a high school basketball game.

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. They closed up the Wigwam after the 2010/11 season. Still an amazing venue, though.

Well, that makes me sad. It was on my bucket list. I hope Hinkle Fieldhouse is still around.

All of you referring to "old" Yankee stadium are referring to it when it was "new" Yankee Stadium.

The real "OLD" Yankee Stadium is where Ruth, DiMaggio, Mantle, et al played:

1111635794_5ebe30eee2_o.jpg

The more recent one was built on the same site after the old stadium was torn down in the mid 70's. The Yanks played at Shea for two seasons while it was re-built.

It's the same stadium. They didn't tear down the old place and build a new stadium on its site, they just renovated it.

1. Cowboys Stadium

2. Cotton Bowl (for OU-Texas)

3. Fenway (and I'm not even a baseball fan)

4. Daytona Intl. Speedway

5. Whatever the Seahawks' stadium is called

Been to Lambeau and I highly recommend it for any NFL fan. My trip was for a preseason game but it was amazing nonetheless and the GB fans were terrific even though I was in Saints gear. A couple of pics:

Tailgating - remember, this was preseason and the game was about 6 hours off at this point:

Tailgaters.jpg

Inside:

Inside%20Lambeau.jpg

Some had traveled much farther than I had:

Kirsten%20Sign.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Fenway is certainly a "bucket list" thing for a baseball fan, but maybe more for the atmosphere than the park - it's kind of a dump. There's old and charming (Wrigley), and then there's just old. I'm glad I went, but was certainly let down.

Seahawks stadium would also be on my list for domestic stadiums. I want to hear how loud it really gets and if it lives up to the hype. Plus, it's just pretty. I'm also intrigued by the design of neighboring Safeco field, since it has a retractable roof but still seems like an outdoor park as opposed to the amusement park in Houston, new Marlins park, and BOB.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Tailgaters.jpg

On a scale of 1-10, how Wisconsininny is this picture? I give it a solid 7: take into account the wraparound shades on the paunchy man, the bejerseyed woman caught mid-yell, and not one but two middle-aged women with short, curly hair. A large man in larger eyeglasses would've taken it to an 8.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just throw in a creepy amount of politeness and some mispronounced "o"s and that's it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Fenway is certainly a "bucket list" thing for a baseball fan, but maybe more for the atmosphere than the park - it's kind of a dump. There's old and charming (Wrigley), and then there's just old. I'm glad I went, but was certainly let down.

Only if you consider mice and urine-stenched concourses to be "charming."

It is missing cheese curds and someone asking "Where is the bubbler?"

As a new resident of Illinois I'm supposed to :censored: on Wisconsin every chance I get, right?

Only if you're a redneck or an insecure a**hat from Chicago who went to Marquette.

Mispronounced O's is actually Wisconsin's version of Flutie Flakes.

Mispronounced? Or randomly inserted into words that shouldn't have them (i.e. "Mowaukee")

Archived