2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

Not a fan of the United keepers jersey, but the home kit is a good look, as long as United players keep the collar unbuttoned.

I don't mind the home (green) one, but do not like the away (yellow) one. [see last page for pics]

Looks like we're pretty much all unbuttoned collar types here - like the England away shirt I reckon it looks much better that way, fully fastened up it just looks too tight to the neck. And I'm another who suspects that it won't be long before a player or two is emulating Monsieur Cantona by how he deploys his collar

Any indication of whether the keeper's shirt is bespoke for Manchester United, or a template we'll be seeing used by other teams?

My guess so far is bespoke since City is not using the same one.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess so far is bespoke since City is not using the same one.
Nor England, for that matter...

I left them out intentionally since they are wearing last year's GK template.

Two? I can't think of the second - Puerto Rico and which other?

I think the other is San Antonio

Yep.

Only reason I know is cause I thought It was a impressive sponsor as well so I looked at the other ones and saw 2 Toyota jerseys. So it still is but it's not like NASL teams are being sponsored by Chico's Bail Bonds.

For many NASL teams it is worse than that...they have no sponsor whatsoever on the front of the jersey.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Amazing what the Cosmos brand can get you. Emirates knows that these Cosmos are a second-division club, right? Every other shirt they sponsor belongs to a Champions League club, as far as I know.

Amazing what the Cosmos brand can get you. Emirates knows that these Cosmos are a second-division club, right? Every other shirt they sponsor belongs to a Champions League club, as far as I know.
They're a famous name, and will sell shirts irrespective of the division they play in – Emirates will be confident of getting a fair bit of exposure from this deal.

Everything except an MLS team. ;)

Seriously though I hope they show some highlights after their game in Newtown on the 18th so I can see how they look in an actual game.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Looks like we're pretty much all unbuttoned collar types here - like the England away shirt I reckon it looks much better that way, fully fastened up it just looks too tight to the neck. And I'm another who suspects that it won't be long before a player or two is emulating Monsieur Cantona by how he deploys his collar

Any indication of whether the keeper's shirt is bespoke for Manchester United, or a template we'll be seeing used by other teams?

They're different from City's GK kit. So I'd say yes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

True, but the Cosmos aren't most NASL teams.

No, most NASL teams bothered to field teams in the first half of the season. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They're a famous name, and will sell shirts irrespective of the division they play in – Emirates will be confident of getting a fair bit of exposure from this deal.

This.

The important thing to remember is that for companies like Emirates, the important thing isn't always media exposure but face to face exposure. Enough folks will be Cosmos gear to mean that Emirates will get plenty of exposure 'on the street'. The words and the name will get emblazoned in people's subconscious.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

"Its not white, its Blue!" - great marketing from adidas/chelsea there. [/sarcasm]

It is a nice kit though! Just think the socks are a little weird. I know they are blue to be different from the home kit but surely it wouldn't hurt to use white again?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

It is a nice kit though! Just think the socks are a little weird. I know they are blue to be different from the home kit but surely it wouldn't hurt to use white again?
That's my one complaint with it, but hopefully they'll have some alternative white socks the kit man can break out when the opportunity arises.

Archived