2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

I hate Browns fans. They're the only fanbase in sports that has a superiority complex without their team having ever done anything.

Chicago Cubs raise you a pair.

Really?

--------

Fan superiority discussions always end well.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why Chip Kelly would go to Cleveland. They don't have to personnel to run his offense. Who's gonna be his QB, Brandon Weeden? In a Chip Kelly offense? The one team I think he could have success at is Carolina.

He'll fail in Cleveland.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I hate Browns fans. They're the only fanbase in sports that has a superiority complex without their team having ever done anything.

Really?

Go to Chicago and tell me who dominates the city's baseball media. Hell, the White Sox's 2005 title run garnered as much press time as just about any regular season Cubs win. Not that many casual Chicagoans cared for 2005 because they were still bent over for what happened on October 14, 2003.

Unlike other teams who do great in the season then suffer catastrophic playoff runs (Sharks, Eagles), the Cubs since WWII have pretty much sucked all the time except three good bubble periods, burst by the Cub-busters, Will Clark and the Florida Fish in the postseason.

And even with those devastating losses, Cub fans make the entire city turn on people and want them dead or skinned alive (Steve Bartman). Prior to ending the Curse of the Bambino, Bucker didn't get that much hate from the city of Boston until the national media made it look like it was his fault for the Sox losing in 1986 (can any Boston person back me up on this one?).

I don't understand why Chip Kelly would go to Cleveland.

If he went there, his goal would be to be that guy who turns it around, and right's the franchise. That's the sentiment with any coach going to a struggling team. I see a lot of people question whenever somebody, whether a player or coach, goes to a struggling, down and out team. People need to realize that some people rather try to help out a struggling team, instead of just join a good team and try to start a dynasty, etc.

They don't have the personnel to run his offense. Who's gonna be his QB, Brandon Weeden? In a Chip Kelly offense?

It's not like they can't make personnel changes? It takes a few years to rebuild, if he has to use a guy like Brandon Weeden before he can find his QB, so be it.

The one team I think he could have success at is Carolina.

He'll fail in Cleveland.

I agree that Carolina would be the better fit than Cleveland, but maybe Carolina doesn't want him, or they're not offering enough of something, or whatever?

EDIT: Carolina's keeping Rivera anyways.

Really?

Go to Chicago and tell me who dominates the city's baseball media. Hell, the White Sox's 2005 title run garnered as much press time as just about any regular season Cubs win. Not that many casual Chicagoans cared for 2005 because they were still bent over for what happened on October 14, 2003.

Unlike other teams who do great in the season then suffer catastrophic playoff runs (Sharks, Eagles), the Cubs since WWII have pretty much sucked all the time except three good bubble periods, burst by the Cub-busters, Will Clark and the Florida Fish in the postseason.

And even with those devastating losses, Cub fans make the entire city turn on people and want them dead or skinned alive (Steve Bartman). Prior to ending the Curse of the Bambino, Bucker didn't get that much hate from the city of Boston until the national media made it look like it was his fault for the Sox losing in 1986 (can any Boston person back me up on this one?).

I'm sure a guy in LA knows more about Chicago, it's teams, and it's media, than a guy who lives in the :censored:ing Illinois.

You start of with some BS there. For one, I'm sure the Sox got a decent amount of press, and why would a Cubs fan have to care about what the Sox are doing, and vice versa? And isn't this about fans, not the media?

... And then you go on to generalize that all Cubs fans hated Bartman. There's always going to be some fans that will get a bit angry over something, in any fanbase, but I've known a lot of Cubs fans in real life or on the internet who really didn't care about Steve Bartman. I don't know how a small part of a fanbase having some irrational feelings, causes a whole fan base to have a superiority complex.

I'm sure the Sox got a decent amount of press, and why would a Cubs fan have to care about what the Sox are doing, and vice versa?

Because it's all about fairness in press coverage. ChiSox fans care because they're always, no matter what they do or how much they win, the team who plays in one of Chicago's crime-ridden neighborhoods, with car jackings, a concrete mess of a stadium and more hostile people, compare to the tranquility of the friendly and safe yuppie confines of Cubville. Every team has its problems with the neighborhood or stadium or team or players or fans; ask people to describe the Cubs and people will say nice, happy things, then say vulgar, ugly adjectives when describing the White Sox. It's embedded into people's minds, and I'm pretty sure White Sox fans get tired of the love fest of coverage Cub fans get compared to the relative minuscule coverage for the White Sox.

And it also helped that the LA Times was owned by Tribune, past owners of the Cubs. So for every 2-3 Dodger stories published on the newspaper when I had a past subscription, there was at least a paragraph on the Cubs every here or there.

... And then you go on to generalize that all Cubs fans hated Bartman. There's always going to be some fans that will get a bit angry over something, in any fanbase, but I've known a lot of Cubs fans in real life or on the internet who really didn't care about Steve Bartman.

So is Bartman living in Chicago right now? Can you tell me where he is on earth? Ahahahaha!!! So if I go to Chicago and just shout "Bartman," I'm not gonna get clocked by an irate fan?

If Bartman doesn't mean anything, then how come his infamous moment has its own Wikipedia page??? And where's the hate for Alex Gonzalez for screwing up the double play chance? Where's the hate for Dusty Baker for leaving Prior too long after Derek Lee busted one on him? Where's the hate for pitching to Mike Mordecai? Nope, ask anyone how the Cubs lost the 2003 NLCS, and the first phrase said would be "that Bartman guy :censored:ed up Alou's chance for that 2nd out; he cost our team the pennant."

Bridgeport isn't crime-ridden, it's just working-class Irish/Italian. And Sox coverage isn't minuscule; they have a 50,000-watt radio station dedicated to lovingly rimjobbing the organization at every turn. Their fans can be pretty hostile, but I was the one who wore a Cubs hat in the Sox' neighborhood and I can handle some mild verbal abuse. And if someone clocks you for yelling "BARTMAN! BARTMAN!" on a busy city street, it's because you're shouting random words to yourself apropos of absolutely nothing. You might get some spare change, though!

and

And where's the hate for Alex Gonzalez for screwing up the double play chance?

I don't know, let me run a search on my posts for "Alex Gonzalez." Douche.

In conclusion, your [sic] a [sic] idoit [sic]

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's his best bet to get out of Oregon before the NCAA hammer falls? :P

They don't have to personnel to run his offense. Who's gonna be his QB, Brandon Weeden? In a Chip Kelly offense? The one team I think he could have success at is Carolina.

He'll fail in Cleveland.

Chip Kelly will fail anywhere in the NFL. You say Cleveland doesn't have the personnel to run his offence? No one in the NFL does because Chip Kelly's offence won't work at the NFL level. If he tries to do what he does in Oregon in the NFL he'll be out of the league faster then Spurrier.

Yes, but it's to be presumed that Kelly will at least try and adapt to the NFL as best he can. Spurrier plumbed heretofore unmatched depths of not giving a crap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's his best bet to get out of Oregon before the NCAA hammer falls? :P

They don't have to personnel to run his offense. Who's gonna be his QB, Brandon Weeden? In a Chip Kelly offense? The one team I think he could have success at is Carolina.

He'll fail in Cleveland.

Chip Kelly will fail anywhere in the NFL. You say Cleveland doesn't have the personnel to run his offence? No one in the NFL does because Chip Kelly's offence won't work at the NFL level. If he tries to do what he does in Oregon in the NFL he'll be out of the league faster then Spurrier.

Kelly isn't going to run exactly what he does at Oregon. But a QB who can run is essential, and Cleveland doesn't have that. I can only hope they get one. If they do, then he has a shot.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

And where's the hate for Alex Gonzalez for screwing up the double play chance?

I don't know, let me run a search on my posts for "Alex Gonzalez." Douche.

Ha. Name-calling now? Expected from a privileged Cubs fan. When did I tell you to "run a search on Alex Gonzalez" on your posts? Just reminding you that the Cubs are 0-9 in playoff games since the Bartman incident (including a 3-0 sweep out by my Dodgers).

Is this damn thread about football or baseball???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived