2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

The Lions let go Sam Gash (RB), Shawn Jefferson (WR), and George Yarno (OL). That will turn this team around REAL quick.

I can't do another season of #LinehanLogic. Dammit.

Gunther-Cunningham-Dropkick-GIF.gif

Technically, their contracts were up and the Lions announced they "would not be returning." Old man Ford wouldn't fire anyone over the holidays...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lions let go Sam Gash (RB), Shawn Jefferson (WR), and George Yarno (OL). That will turn this team around REAL quick.

Technically, their contracts were up and the Lions announced they "would not be returning." Old man Ford wouldn't fire anyone over the holidays...

Hence the "let go" and not "fired". Eh. I still think Linehan is horrible for this offense's progression. So I hope you're right haha.

The success of Jim Harbaugh is the exception, not the rule, with college coaches moving to the NFL.

There's a reason most of these moves have not worked.

What about Pete Carrol?

You mean the guy who took a good Patriots team and ran them off the rails?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pretty obvious Schwartz / the front office took sides with Linehan

Linehan historically has been rather skillful at identifying internal "enemies" and trying to take steps to neutralize them (to the detriment of his team). Unfortunately Linehan is also a paranoid P.O.S. who sees enemies behind every corner. Watch him try to trade Johnson for a 1st rounder.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What about Pete Carrol?

Non-aging-lesbian Pete Carroll is sort of like Cleveland Bill Belichick, early failures whitewashed by later success

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm just sayin', though...the dam* book closed when it landed...cover-up at that! That's the funniest thing about that .gif.

(Also, I hope Sam Gash lands on his feet quickly. Fun trivia: for a short while after his playing days, that guy used to drive for the same company I do now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What about Pete Carrol?

Non-aging-lesbian Pete Carroll is sort of like Cleveland Bill Belichick, early failures whitewashed by later success

It was good to see Carroll focus on the Seahawks by relinquishing his duties as Team USA's women's soccer coach.....

Spags was the Giants D Coordinator when they won Super Bowl XLII

And Charlie Weis ran the Patriots' offense for their 3 Super Bowl wins.

Today, we are all otaku.

Spags was the Giants D Coordinator when they won Super Bowl XLII

And Charlie Weis ran the Patriots' offense for their 3 Super Bowl wins.

To add to that, his counterpart on the defensive side during that same stretch? Romeo Crennel.

The Patriots' Director-turned vice-president of player personnel during all that? Scott Pioli.

#justsayin

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

-- Dirk Koetter signed a 2-yr extension with the Falcons, so you can remove his name from the vacancy talk

-- KC interviewed Reid in Philly before he left for his meeting in Arizona

-- Ray Horton has a 2nd interview with the Cardinals

-- Joe Banner is already in Arizona waiting to interview Chip Kelly, and while he was hanging around, he said hi to Horton to satisfy the Rooney rule

Linehan historically has been rather skillful at identifying internal "enemies" and trying to take steps to neutralize them (to the detriment of his team). Unfortunately Linehan is also a paranoid P.O.S. who sees enemies behind every corner. Watch him try to trade Johnson for a 1st rounder.

I'm pretty sure you hate every coach that has been with the Rams over the past decade.

It's understandable based on how bad the Rams have been in that time, but it's amusing to read nonetheless.

spacer.png

Andy Reid needs to take a couple years off, he needs to spend time with his family after the tragedy of this past summer. He's emotionally spent.

In light of the Arizona and Kansas City jobs, I would agree as well.

I'm pretty sure you hate every coach that has been with the Rams over the past decade.

It's understandable based on how bad the Rams have been in that time, but it's amusing to read nonetheless.

Linehan's the only one I actively despise. I merely feel contempt for Spagnuolo and Haslett's coaching "prowess" and think of Martz in the same sort of conflicted emotion you would save for that crazy girl you dated who was awesome in the sack but ended up racking up huge credit card bills and wrapping your car around a telephone pole.

Today, we are all otaku.

Andy Reid needs to take a couple years off, he needs to spend time with his family after the tragedy of this past summer. He's emotionally spent.

Arizona is salvageable. It's not nearly the empty cupboard that Kansas City is.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Linehan's the only one I actively despise. I merely feel contempt for Spagnuolo and Haslett's coaching "prowess" and think of Martz in the same sort of conflicted emotion you would save for that crazy girl you dated who was awesome in the sack but ended up racking up huge credit card bills and wrapping your car around a telephone pole.

Kramerica — just watch game film of Linehan's play calling. You'll get it if you know what you're looking for. Dude has ZERO situational awareness.

Sure, KC has no quarterback. But with five Chiefs getting named to the pro bowl, it certainly can't be THAT bad.

6uXNWAo.png

Kramerica — just watch game film of Linehan's play calling. You'll get it if you know what you're looking for. Dude has ZERO situational awareness.

Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that if enough people say Linehan sucks, then odds are that he sucks. There's no reason a team with Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson playing starring roles, and a pretty decent receiving unit around them (at least, when Pettigrew and Broyles were healthy, and Titus Young wasn't busy being a selfish bitch), should ever lose eight straight games. Trust me, I've dealt with my fair share of awful coaches over the years. The Bucs were so paranoid about losing then-DBs coach Raheem Morris to another team (in a DC role) that they made him their damn head coach, and 17-31 ensued. It's only made worse when awful coaching isn't met with the fate it deserves.

And don't forget about Pat Shurmer, rams.

spacer.png

Sure, KC has no quarterback. But with five Chiefs getting named to the pro bowl, it certainly can't be THAT bad.

FWIW, one's a punter.

Archived