2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Schefter sez:

One league source said he was "95 percent" certain former Eagles HC Andy Reid will wind up coaching the Cardinals.

I wonder if that means Licht is staying there

Edit: Yeah, I hear a promotion may come to him.

NFLN is now reporting that Norv, and Smith have both been officially canned, and somewhere Lights Out is celebrating.

Not just Lights Out.

HUGE win for the city of San Diego...and ANOTHER shotgun blast to the knees for LA's effort of bringing the NFL back.

The Schefter sez:

One league source said he was "95 percent" certain former Eagles HC Andy Reid will wind up coaching the Cardinals.

So according to Gary, BucFan and Seadragon, will Reid kiss Bidwell's old wrinkly ass???

Well, looking at Andy, I don't think the man's tossed a lot of salad in his day.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Schefter sez:

So according to Gary, BucFan and Seadragon, will Reid kiss Bidwell's old wrinkly ass???

Well, looking at Andy, I don't think the man's tossed a lot of salad in his day.

well played, eight-timer. Well-played.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Schefter sez:

I hope not. Reid was a good coach in Philly. He did things his way.. the owner let him do his job and the team reached the Super Bowl. Didn't win it, though.

I hope he tells the Bidwell's to go screw themselves. The owners there need to do their job and not try to be the next Jerry Jones.

Tom Heckert is expected to join Andy in Arizona as GM. Get Shurmur for OC, start Kolb, keep Stewart Bradley at MLB and it'll be Eagles West

With maybe a happier Larry Fitzgerald?

Even if he isn't angry, he's the consummate pro and would never take his issue's to the media like so many others in this league.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Two things:

First if the rumors of Reid to Arizona actually are true, how weird/funny is it that he's stuck with Kolb after getting the Cardinals to believe that he was actually a formidable quarterback a few years ago?

Second I just feel like stating how awesome it would be if Norval Eugene Turner came back to Texas as the Cowboys offensive coordinator.

I just feel like stating how awesome it would be if Norval Eugene Turner came back to Texas as the Cowboys offensive coordinator.

If you have not heard the Garrett press conference from Monday, do so (LINK). In his 2+ years as head coach, honestly I am not sure if I have heard him speak with the media with such candor and more confidence.

In regards to Norv, he said the following:

“We’re in a system right now, in a way we do things, that Tony Romo is very comfortable in, and he’s played really, really good football for the last part of this season. And unfortunately, it was disappointing for all of us last night. It didn’t end the way we wanted it to. But having said that, if you step back, he’s played very well for us, and he’s played well for us for the last four or five years. We have to recognize that. We have to try to help him be in the best situation that he can be in going forward. Now it’s not all about him. It’s about our whole offense and about our whole football team. I understand that. But he’s a big part of it.”

He is not going to give up playcalling, unless Jerry tells him that if he does not give it up, he will be fired.

Heck, they hired Bill Callahan as OC/OL coach and he does not call plays, but he took OAK to the Super Bowl as both HC/OC. Garrett does not give it up to him, why would he willingly give it up to Norv?

The Schefter sez:

And he has backtracked from that statement after the team's Media VP went on Twitter to refute not only Adam, but also TV station in Phoenix.

"I'm 99% sure that reports of a deal being 95% done are 100% incorrect"

But the did interview Ray Horton from the former Cards staff to be Rooney Rule compliant.

Bears want Tom Clements. That sucks.

A lot of teams want Clements. The Bears haven't really said they're going to throw every cent they have at any one individual, but as a Packers fan you should know better. Even if Clements goes to Chicago the Packers will inevitably find Some Guy who will be just as good or better than Clements. This is the Packer way. They just find guys.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

A lot of teams want Clements. The Bears haven't really said they're going to throw every cent they have at any one individual, but as a Packers fan you should know better. Even if Clements goes to Chicago the Packers will inevitably find Some Guy who will be just as good or better than Clements. This is the Packer way. They just find guys.

I know. I have an attachment to Clements because of his days playing with Winnipeg in the CFL. I know they're eventually grooming Edgar Bennett, just didn't think it would come this quick. That's if he even moves, all I know is he'll make a hell of a coach wherever he ends up.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I know. I have an attachment to Clements because of his days playing with Winnipeg in the CFL. I know they're eventually grooming Edgar Bennett, just didn't think it would come this quick. That's if he even moves, all I know is he'll make a hell of a coach wherever he ends up.

Ah, fair enough. Well if he does go to Chicago I'll certainly hope he brings his winning ways. We sure could use them.

However it would be hilarious if he did get hired, because the first time he loses a game to the Packers, idiot meatball fans will pollute the internet with "CLEMENTZ IS A DOUBLE AGENTS STILL WORKING FOR DA PACKERS." I love my Chicago sports, but goodness, we certainly breed a plethora of braindead kooks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd love Clements for the Bears. Whenever I watch the packers offense, I am just awestruck at how easy they make it look. Every receiver is always at least 5 yards open and even without giving Rodgers any time, he can just put it in any general window of the receiver and they can make the catch. I love their system and would love the bears to duplicate it.

The Lions let go Sam Gash (RB), Shawn Jefferson (WR), and George Yarno (OL). That will turn this team around REAL quick. How do you fire the WR coach that was on the team that got CJ almost 2,000 yards receiving, with the 2, 3, and 4 receivers finishing the season on IR? Pretty obvious Schwartz / the front office took sides with Linehan (and thus have used Jefferson as the sacrificial lamb) after their altercation about Titus Young sucking (and Jefferson was pretty on the money there).

I can't do another season of #LinehanLogic. Dammit.

Gunther-Cunningham-Dropkick-GIF.gif

Right there with ya, Gunther.

Archived