2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Gus Bradley to the Eagles is a done deal and will be finalized later today

Where the hell are you reading that?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

San Diego radio, Kevin O'Connell

KevOC7

Candidates are also being told Seattle DC Gus Bradley has accepted the Philly Eagles job as well. 2nd interview turned into contract talk

John Clark and CrossingBroad are keeping track of Gus' flight to NE airport NORAD style

Jeff McLane is usually on top of these things, and says the interview isn't until later and is really just a continuation of the first one since it was only 2 hours and not 8+.

Schefter says that Bradley is also still scheduled to interview with the Jags tomorrow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jeff McLane is usually on top of these things, and says the interview isn't until later and is really just a continuation of the first one since it was only 2 hours and not 8+.

Schefter says that Bradley is also still scheduled to interview with the Jags tomorrow.

The Eagles got him I think. I am 99% sure the Jags are wasting time till Roman is available.

In Tebow news, there are rumors that Arizona could trade for him during the offseason. Tebow is training at Paradise Valley Community College and it is circulating into trade rumors for the Cardinals.

There is one thing Tebow has taught me. Chris Mortensen is a fraud. Even the simple knew the GM was leaving. Everyone but the simple knew Mularkey was going to get fired. No front office at all yet he was so sure Tebow would be a Jag via "sources". I will tell you right now. He has no Jax sources. Anyone with a real football mind would have known that decision could not have been possibly made back then. Just throwing things on the wall he was. It was an "educated" guess that wasn't very educated.

There is one thing Tebow has taught me. Chris Mortensen ESPN is a fraud. Even the simple knew the GM was leaving. Everyone but the simple knew Mularkey was going to get fired. No front office at all yet he was so sure Tebow would be a Jag via "sources". I will tell you right now. He has no Jax sources. Anyone with a real football mind would have known that decision could not have been possibly made back then. Just throwing things on the wall he was. It was an "educated" guess that wasn't very educated.

Edited for better accuracy.

Which is to say...your point still stands.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Guess this is insult to injury

While practicing performing Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis' famous pregame dance Monday night, Michael Hancock reportedly injured himself, forcing him to pull out of part of a bet he made with Baltimore's mayor over last Saturday's Broncos-Ravens game.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/15/nfl-denver-mayor-hurt-ray-lewis-dance/1836245/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=825997

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Eagles got him I think. I am 99% sure the Jags are wasting time till Roman is available.

I have read nothing that indicates that they even really want him. It's certainly possible, but they seem to just be interviewing for the sake of interviewing it seems, unless they're killing time for teams to be knocked out of the playoffs.

They stated that they wanted a college coach or an "offensive minded" candidate, and Bradley is neither.

I don't really get the "offensive minded" thing. I realize that having a HC who was an OC ensures a little bit of continuity on offense since his coordinator will really be executing his philosophy, and as coordinators move on he would bring in someone with a similar mindset, but it's not like a DC has no idea what an I formation is, or "trips left". A "defensive minded" coach can still have an offensive philosophy, it's just that more of the playcalling and scheming would fall on whoever he hires as OC.

They stated that they wanted a college coach or an "offensive minded" candidate, and Bradley is neither.

They wanted one of the three big college coaches, and when all of them stayed, they were forced to scramble for someone else and Bradley is the one guy they interviewed that "wowed" them. Several reports said McCoy bombed his interview so bad

They wanted one of the three big college coaches, and when all of them stayed, they were forced to scramble for someone else and Bradley is the one guy they interviewed that "wowed" them. Several reports said McCoy bombed his interview so bad

Reports of hearing that a candidate "bombed his interview" are not entirely fair. The last week was the first time that he had ever interviewed for a HC job.

Keep in mind, the team owner, team president/GM can have different ideas as the candidate in terms of philosophy AFTER interviewing a candidate than before talking to him. Thoughts on who the coordinators are (or available), the HC role in roster development can all cause issues during the interview process which could make a candidate more desirable for one management team to another.

If the candidate does not fit the profile they are looking for after an extended in-person evaluation, then they have to try to make sure they are going to get exactly what they want in a coach or as close to it as they can.

The renovations have been planned for a few years but were tabled in large part because of the Marlins having to stay there, but now that they're gone they can make it a football only stadium.

Also the NFL has made it pretty clear Miami will not get another Super Bowl until the stadium is upgraded and that's something I don't see the Dolphins or the city of Miami accepting so I expect would the renovations to be done pretty quickly and I think you'll see the Super bowl return to Miami by the end of the decade.

The renovations have been planned for a few years but were tabled in large part because of the Marlins having to stay there, but now that they're gone they can make it a football only stadium.

Also the NFL has made it pretty clear Miami will not get another Super Bowl until the stadium is upgraded and that's something I don't see the Dolphins or the city of Miami accepting so I expect would the renovations to be done pretty quickly and I think you'll see the Super bowl return to Miami by the end of the decade.

Ross and the team want Super Bowl L in 2016 and either they or Santa Clara will earn the right later this year.

Ross wants the state of Florida to approve a bill that would give the team a $3 million rebate on state sales tax. The Dolphins (and all other pro franchises in FL) already receive $2 million a year from the state in rebated sales taxes, but the current rebate expires in 2023. Ross also wants the Miami-Dade commissioners to raise the lodging tax to seven percent (for 17% total tax), but city of Miami Beach hotels are not part of plan.

Miami-Dade still have to have some concerns since not all events for Super Bowl related activities are in Miami-Dade county. The stadium sits less than a mile the Broward/Dade county line and both the NFL and Orange Bowl committee puts teams and media in Broward. BTW, Broward voters shunned Ross' 2011 plan to them to increase their hotel tax.

Reports of hearing that a candidate "bombed his interview" are not entirely fair. The last week was the first time that he had ever interviewed for a HC job.

Keep in mind, the team owner, team president/GM can have different ideas as the candidate in terms of philosophy AFTER interviewing a candidate than before talking to him. Thoughts on who the coordinators are (or available), the HC role in roster development can all cause issues during the interview process which could make a candidate more desirable for one management team to another.

If the candidate does not fit the profile they are looking for after an extended in-person evaluation, then they have to try to make sure they are going to get exactly what they want in a coach or as close to it as they can.

McCoy actually interviewed for at least one HC job last year, the Raiders, and if I remember correctly another team interviewed him as well.

gbaCXZn.png

McCoy actually interviewed for at least one HC job last year, the Raiders, and if I remember correctly another team interviewed him as well.

He did interview in MIA, but turned down OAK.

It is still less about "bombing" and more about how the owner and GM can work with the coach.

Archived