2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean how bad of a personality do you have to have for a team to release you less then a month after signing you without even watching you practice?

His career might be over at this point. If that's not a reg flag then what is? Does he have to go out and murder somebody for a team to say that maybe he's not the right fit for us?

This guy needs help. That's the best conclusion I can make of this. If any team is even thinking of signing him I would say they seriously need to reconsider who they have at the GM position. Say what you want about Jeff Fisher but this is a guy who was willing to put up with Vince Young for five years and even he is saying after ten days there is no possible way I can work this guy into our team given the mental problems he has. If that isn't a major cause for concern I don't know what is.

Fisher put up with Vince Young for 5 years because Bud Adams liked Young, and when the owner likes a guy and tells you to deal with him, well your options are limited.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I mean how bad of a personality do you have to have for a team to release you less then a month after signing you without even watching you practice?

His career might be over at this point. If that's not a reg flag then what is? Does he have to go out and murder somebody for a team to say that maybe he's not the right fit for us?

This guy needs help. That's the best conclusion I can make of this. If any team is even thinking of signing him I would say they seriously need to reconsider who they have at the GM position. Say what you want about Jeff Fisher but this is a guy who was willing to put up with Vince Young for five years and even he is saying after ten days there is no possible way I can work this guy into our team given the mental problems he has. If that isn't a major cause for concern I don't know what is.

Why is it about him? He had these issues since he was a child who was seen with talent and it was let got because he could catch a football and/or run fast. Don't blame him since he is only 23. Others failed to help him, but thought they were helping him sine he ran fast. If the college knew of his issues and ignores them to make sure he caught passes is not his issue.

'pmoehrin', what are your Royce White thoughts again?

Why is it about him? He had these issues since he was a child who was seen with talent and it was let got because he could catch a football and/or run fast. Don't blame him since he is only 23. Others failed to help him, but thought they were helping him sine he ran fast. If the college knew of his issues and ignores them to make sure he caught passes is not his issue.

'pmoehrin', what are your Royce White thoughts again?

I don't know what point your trying to get at. The system is part of the problem? Okay, I'll give you that on some level. That's far as I'm going to go with that point. I have further thoughts on the issue, but I'm not sharing them.

If I knew that it would be a back and forth discussion I would be interested. But I know your not going to give me credit for any positive points I bring, and you'll jump down my throat over anything I disagree with. That's why I don't respond to yours posts and if you think I do, count all the times I've actually quoted you in my posts. Once you get around June or so from last year your going to start seeing a pretty big drop off. I think this the third time I've responded to you since then and the only time where I've actually had something serious to say.

That's as much as I'll go on this. Regarding Royce White I don't think I've made a single comment about him here and that's where I'm going to leave at. I know its something you like to bring up, but like I said before I have zero interest in any kind of discussion with you and the only reason I'm saying this now is because roughly a year of me ignoring your comments doesn't seem to be driving the point home.

The Harlem Shake found it's way into the NFL draft combine.

Look for:

Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

Bjoern Werner, Florida State

Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Matt Barkley, USC

Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson

Eric Reid, LSU

Barrett Jones, Alabama

Justin Hunter, Tennessee

Zac Dysert, Miami (Ohio)

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut

Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana

Menelik Watson, FSU

Robert Lester, Alabama

Trevardo Williams, Connecticut

Everett Dawkins, Florida State

Kwame Geathers, Georgia

Zach Line, Southern Methodist

J.C. Tretter, Cornell

Tommy Bohanon, Wake Forest

Gavin Escobar, San Diego State

Albert Rosette, Nevada

John Wetzel, Boston College

Garrett Gilkey, Chadron State

Devin Smith, Wisconsin

Nick Williams, Samford

Chris Jones, Bowling Green

Covaughn DeBoskie-Johnson

Brandon Wegher, Iowa

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dont get it. What is this Harlem Shake supposed to be?

Random Internet Meme/Sensation that will be forgotten in a week. It's just supposed to be stupid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dont get it. What is this Harlem Shake supposed to be?

Random Internet Meme/Sensation that will be forgotten in a week. It's just supposed to be stupid.

I mean I saaw and it was just dumb, I did not understand the point of it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I mean I saaw and it was just dumb, I did not understand the point of it.

That's how memes work.

welcome-to-the-internet-please-follow-me.jpg

twitter

I bet because its centrally located, domed stadium, easy airport that's close to downtown, tons of hotels all within walking distance of the stadium, same goes for shopping and restaurants. But really not too much of an opportunity for kids to get into too much trouble at night clubs, the nightlife is there, it isn't quite the draw it is in say New Orleans.

I don't think too many other NFL cities have that unique combination.

All the same reasons the super bowl was a success in Indy despite it being Indiana.

That or everyone wants their yearly fix of St. Elmo's.

Three years of exile living in the corn...have been to St. Elmo's about zero times. Heard about it, always wanted to go, just never had a good enough reason (read: a date worth taking—or a date period) or the time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can anybody tell me why the combine is in Indianapolis every year? I searched for an answer but couldn't find anything.

This is not a league run event.

The company which actually runs the combine, National Football Scouting is based in Indianapolis. The event moved to Indianapolis in 1987, two years after after the Colts relocated. 17 of the league's teams use National Football Scouting's services.

Can anybody tell me why the combine is in Indianapolis every year? I searched for an answer but couldn't find anything.

This is not a league run event.

The company which actually runs the combine, National Football Scouting is based in Indianapolis. The event moved to Indianapolis in 1987, two years after after the Colts relocated. 17 of the league's teams use National Football Scouting's services.

I heard they were going to try and make it regional. Any truth or did I imagine that?

2011 was the first year of official NFL regional combines. The NFL bought the company which ran the combines prior. 2013 is the first year of a true "best of the best" from all regionals which will be at Cowboys Stadium.

Regional participants are not invited, rather they pay $295 to register like we would to a seminar or an exclusive job fair. The kicking combine will have a woman since she paying to attend.

Archived