2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lookey the Saints are on the schedule this year. Ryan's welcome to try breaking the voodoo curse the Rams have over the Saints.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can anybody tell me why the combine is in Indianapolis every year? I searched for an answer but couldn't find anything.

This is not a league run event.

The company which actually runs the combine, National Football Scouting is based in Indianapolis. The event moved to Indianapolis in 1987, two years after after the Colts relocated. 17 of the league's teams use National Football Scouting's services.

I heard they were going to try and make it regional. Any truth or did I imagine that?

On Friday, Schefter talked about it on ESPN along with a change with the entire NFL schedule after the Super Bowl.

But to not make others go back a page, but in 2011, the NFL bought the regional combines (formerly known as Scout Camps) from a former NFL scout/entrepreneur named Steve Austin. These combines have proven to still sign players. Getting drafted is still rare for a college football senior, guys who went to the regional combines get NFL contracts 25% of the time. It extends the life of those who are not seen by the two scouting services, or those teams who do not pay into either servic. There are seven teams who are not with either National or BLESTO: GB/BAL/OAK are three who go alone and DET is looking to do it as well.

Oh lookey the Saints are on the schedule this year. Ryan's welcome to try breaking the voodoo curse the Rams have over the Saints.

Cursed indeed. Oh, wait...

nfl_u_jenkinsm_576.jpg

Actually you're right, aside from this one at the Superdome a couple of years ago, the Rams have given the Saints a pretty rough time. Had to post that pic though just for the hilarious expressions on the Rams' staff during this 95+ yard INT return.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

nfl_u_jenkinsm_576.jpg

Actually you're right, aside from this one at the Superdome a couple of years ago, the Rams have given the Saints a pretty rough time. Had to post that pic though just for the hilarious expressions on the Rams' staff during this 95+ yard INT return.

Surprised you didn't just post the video of Hakim dropping a punt in the playoffs.

spacer.png

Somoene wanna tell me what Rob Ryan has ever accomplished in the NFL to pull a "Belichick move" like this?

Maybe the ego runs in the family.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cullen Jenkins was released by the Eagles. So that leaves Asomugha as the only player remaining from the "Dream Team" disaster, and he's likely on his way out too

He was the only one of that bunch that showed up and played hard.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Somoene wanna tell me what Rob Ryan has ever accomplished in the NFL to pull a "Belichick move" like this?

This

This

And this.

Aside from that, really nothing.

(Links sort of NSFW language I guess)

nfl_u_jenkinsm_576.jpg

Surprised you didn't just post the video of Hakim dropping a punt in the playoffs.

Well, being that was around 2000 or so I don't think it's relevant in terms of an advantage for one team or another. Besides, the Rams own a permanent edge over the Saints based on one game in 1983. The Saints were playing for their first winning season and first trip to the playoffs. They scored 24 points and held the Rams' offense to a field goal.

And lost.

The Rams scored on a punt return, 2 INT returns, and a safety. The FG was on the last play of the game and won it 26-24. I and many others stood at the railing of the Superdome's various levels for almost half an hour after the game ended, too shocked and crushed to even walk to our cars. It was really pathetic.

Still, you're right, it's never a bad time to hear There is a God after all! one more time. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Side note: There is nothing more profoundly stupid than the 40 yard dash time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, being that was around 2000 or so I don't think it's relevant in terms of an advantage for one team or another.

Yeah, I was speaking more in terms of how the Rams are 2-2 against New Orleans of all teams since they fell off the cliff in 2007. Those 2 wins were the first wins of the season for a 3 win squad and a 2 win squad. The 1 win team also put the fear of God and Man into the eventual Super Bowl Champion Saints.

It's baffling really.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Packers should definitely go after Cullen Jenkins, try and replace what we were missing when he left.

If the Eagles didn't even want him, I think it's safe to say he's not the same player he was as a Packer.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived