The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Does any team have a challenge for Milan Lucic as most overrated player in the National Hockey League?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets had an unsuccessful 5-on-3, and somehow in that time on the ice Dustin Byfuglien got fatter.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't understand why GM's freak out when an offer sheet is thrown at their RFA's. Like if it wasn't for your inability to sign the guy in the first place, you could avoid the whole process of an offer sheet happening. To call out the GM that was balsy enough to try make his team better, can't fault him in that.

So I laugh at Greg Sherman.

His press conference was laughable. Saying "We've come to terms with RoR" no you didn't, you agreed to the Flames terms. I think we have a new idiot on the GM block, also the first time I have seen him show his face.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Stay hot Chicago! 20 game point streak now.

Woot! Also I'm guessing Crawford agitated his concussion when Oshie crashed the net late in the 1st. Backups don't get much better than Emery at this point, especially with the just incredible penalty kill/defense the Blackhawks have.

You wouldn't know it by watching, since the games really drag and the Blackhawks tend to lull teams to sleep, but you can't argue with results.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It still amazes me how well the Blackhawks are doing. What the :censored: were all the players doing in the offseason that has enabled them to turn it around so well? Here we have a team that isn't all that much different from last year's team that barely made it into the playoffs and got bounced in the first round, and they look completely different.

Incredible.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This has to be the greatest day in Calgary Flames history. Even better than that time Shania Twain sang "O Canada" at a game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What the :censored: were all the players doing in the offseason that has enabled them to turn it around so well?

Not being concussed.

twitter

Just got back from the Hawks/Blues game. A few observations:

St. Louis is playing like a team that had a lot of roster turnover this past offseason (running into eachother, not being in position, etc.). They didn't, though.

There's not a truly bad seat at the Scottrade Center.

Hawks fans travel really well. It was almost 40% Chicago fans tonight.

Blues fans are pretty knowledgable, and mostly cordial.

(Some) Blues fans think it's tacky that 'Hawks fans cheer during the National Anthem and told us so. Yet many Blues fans scream "BLUES!" at the end of the line "...and the home of the [brave]." Changing the words to the Star Spangled Banner is tackier than cheering during its singing.

It still amazes me how well the Blackhawks are doing. What the :censored: were all the players doing in the offseason that has enabled them to turn it around so well? Here we have a team that isn't all that much different from last year's team that barely made it into the playoffs and got bounced in the first round, and they look completely different.

Nick Leddy and Johnny Oduya improved greatly. Kane dried out. Andrew Brunette and Brendan Morrison went away. Players familiar with one another stayed together. Crawford and Emery are running unsustainable save percentages.

The Blackhawks lull people to sleep? News to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't understand why GM's freak out when an offer sheet is thrown at their RFA's. Like if it wasn't for your inability to sign the guy in the first place, you could avoid the whole process of an offer sheet happening. To call out the GM that was balsy enough to try make his team better, can't fault him in that.

So I laugh at Greg Sherman.

His press conference was laughable. Saying "We've come to terms with RoR" no you didn't, you agreed to the Flames terms. I think we have a new idiot on the GM block, also the first time I have seen him show his face.

Quoted and bolded for truth. Him and the rest of the front office are just awful.

gbaCXZn.png

(Some) Blues fans think it's tacky that 'Hawks fans cheer during the National Anthem and told us so. Yet many Blues fans scream "BLUES!" at the end of the line "...and the home of the [brave]." Changing the words to the Star Spangled Banner is tackier than cheering during its singing.

There's nothing worse than the people in Winnipeg that shout "True North". Yes, all hail our corporate overlords :rolleyes:

1zgyd8w.jpg

Nick Leddy and Johnny Oduya improved greatly. Kane dried out. Andrew Brunette and Brendan Morrison went away. Players familiar with one another stayed together. Crawford and Emery are running unsustainable save percentages.

The Blackhawks lull people to sleep? News to me.

Re: Brendan Morrison

2aBDk.gif

Re: sleep

I feel like the Blackhawks are quite methodical, at least IMHO. They're not Predators-dull, but they're extremely collected and rarely lose control in games. I don't think they're very exciting to watch, but their efficiency is insane.

twitter

It's not a CS85 post without a reaction .gif.

I just don't understand what Vigneault is thinking. Zack Kassian scores 5 goals in 2 weeks on the Sedin line; How about we bump him to the checking line! No wonder he hasn't done :censored: all since, put him back with who he has chemistry with ffs.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

There's nothing worse than the people in Winnipeg that shout "True North". Yes, all hail our corporate overlords :rolleyes:

There was so much publicity with True North that year they bought the Thrashers. True North this and True North that. And that's probably the only reason they're the only fans to do that.

I wonder if anyone in Anaheim sits there yelling " :censored: YEAH, BROADCOM"

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived