College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

illinoishelmet2451.jpg

New helmet for Illinois.

Can't decide if I like them or not. Definitely better than ILLINOIS, but that's not saying much. While I didn't like the blue facemasks last year, I think it works better than white would have with this logo. And if they're gonna have an orange and a blue helmet, at least they match now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight Next year Illinois is getting a Rebrand so dose that mean they won't be the Fighting Illini anymore because of the Native Americans and their hate towards colleges using their names?

I couldn't decide which was more appropriate.

1313148949153.gifGn04H.gif

man people are dicks on here, why don't you answer the question. I didn't know anything about a rebrand either

8 days on the boards, and you're already throwing around broad generalizations about the population of this board. Bravo. Dicks? No. Just tired of the never-ending debate that comes up every time someone says something mindless about this nuclear topic, like:

because of the Native Americans and their hate towards colleges using their names?

Yeah, they're rebranding, and that has been public knowledge for a while. Better?

man people are dicks on here, why don't you answer the question. I didn't know anything about a rebrand either

8 days on the boards, and you're already throwing around broad generalizations about the population of this board. Bravo. Dicks? No. Just tired of the never-ending debate that comes up every time someone says something mindless about this nuclear topic, like:

because of the Native Americans and their hate towards colleges using their names?

Yeah, they're rebranding, and that has been public knowledge for a while. Better?

Much better. Links are always better than sarcastic know-it-all remarks. Not everyone can be as in-the-know as some on here.

Been coming for awhile, just signed up recently. But thanks anyways.

Much better. Links are always better than sarcastic know-it-all remarks. Not everyone can be as in-the-know as some on here.

Been coming for awhile, just signed up recently. But thanks anyways.

Nice start...

I'm sorry guys I didn't read over before I posted and I was just wondering if they were keeping Fighting Illini or going with a different team name.

Maybe it is time to start doing so. Especially for those who have a Michigan degree who are not homers.

As Bill Burr said last week, when commenting on both tOSU and Michigan:

"It's a state school, so anybody who did a keg stand instead of studying for math and lived in Michigan you end up there...Do you think the football program is that good or that so many students got a "C" in math (in Michigan)?"

I'm sorry guys I didn't read over before I posted and I was just wondering if they were keeping Fighting Illini or going with a different team name.

Maybe it is time to start doing so. Especially for those who have a Michigan degree who are not homers.

"It's a state school, so anybody who did a keg stand instead of studying for math and lived in Michigan you end up there...Do you think the football program is that good or that so many students got a "C" in math (in Michigan)?"

I don't get it Michigan has always been regarded as one of the best public universities in the country and not easy to get accepted to.

I'm sorry guys I didn't read it over before I posted and I was just wondering if they were keeping Fighting Illini or going with a different team name.

They're still the Fighting Illini. The nickname actually was started as a reference to the students and alumni that fought in WWI. It has nothing to do with Native Americans.

http://archives.library.illinois.edu/features/illini.php#4

I'm sorry guys I didn't read it over before I posted and I was just wondering if they were keeping Fighting Illini or going with a different team name.

They're still the Fighting Illini. The nickname actually was started as a reference to the students and alumni that fought in WWI. It has nothing to do with Native Americans.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

I don't get it Michigan has always been regarded as one of the best public universities in the country and not easy to get accepted to.

I'm guessing that's a joke about MSU. At least that's how I took it. I don't think any educated person could honestly say Michigan isn't a Top Ten public college as far as academics go.

Looky here! A Link!

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

Pssst: Michigan is #4 on this list.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived