College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Conference fans are stupid. Pick a team, cheer for them. Back in the day you loved your team and hated everyone else. Now, the SEC-mush fest allows the bottom feeders to feel like champions. I'm looking at you Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee.

Signed an OU fan who hates the Big XII

Oh man, you have no idea how much I agree with you on this. Every time a big-time SEC team wins a title, the bottom-feeders' fans come out of the woodwork talking about that ESS EEE SEE as if they somehow won a share of the title by virtue of being in the same conference.

I'm going to enjoy watching the fall of the SEC. Every dynasty ends eventually and most come crashing down.

I am a Kentucky Wildcats fan first and an SEC fan second! I look at is as a family, you may not always succeed, but you want your brother to do better than you in the end. The misconception about conference pride is simple, if you love each other as family, then you will pull for them unconditionally. As for me, I am not a huge Tennessee or Auburn football fan, but when they both won titles, I pulled for and supported them throughout the process. The same can be said for Florida when they won back-to-back NCAA Basketball titles. I could not stand Jokiem Noah, but I was glad that an SEC school won the title.

spacer.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should expect this coming from a IU fan! However, I do sense a little bit of jealously in you message. BTW, how much money you wanna bet that our championship never gets erased?

"Our championship"? I had no idea you played on that team, what position did you play? :P

IIRC, Boise State is getting new uniforms...again? Or am I dreaming?

I'd assume so because it seems like that is an annual tradition for the Broncos.

Silly SEC fans...

Up North, we're good at all the sports, not just one of them:Love,

The Oldest and Best Conference in the Country

(You can check us out on our Billion Dollar TV network)

You're aware that the SEC won seven national championships in 2012-13, the second-straight year they won more than any other conference, right?

And Tennessee greatly contributed to that run by getting its ass blown off repeatedly on national television. GO VAWLS.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Silly SEC fans...

Up North, we're good at all the sports, not just one of them:Love,

The Oldest and Best Conference in the Country

(You can check us out on our Billion Dollar TV network)

You're aware that the SEC won seven national championships in 2012-13, the second-straight year they won more than any other conference, right?

Haha he was being sarcastic I'm pretty sure. No team from the Big 10 has won the CWS since 1966. The Pac-12 and SEC have been 1, 2 in national championships the past few years.

Anyways, I don't cheer for the SEC as a whole necessarily. I like when something the SEC does benefits my school (like the new mega-network) but I won't cheer for a team like Georgia unless they're playing Clemson, Notre Dame, So. Cal, or Ohio State.

And these new uniforms I believe are not called Speed Machine. They are Nike Pro Combat Hypercool Uniforms with Chain Maille Mesh. (Sadly, I don't make this stuff up). Still only a few teams wearing them, including Oregon, Alabama, Texas. Not sure who else is getting the full treatment vs. just upgrading to Speed Machine.

I believe Florida is also shifting to the chain maille jersey. I know they are updating templates to the newer models and seem to remember them getting the same version Oregon has and the one Bama wore in the title game. I think nearly everyone else is upgrading to the same template sans chain maille (also known as the NFL template).

That name needs more unnecessary "e"s if we're going the Ye Olde Englishe route.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why misspell "Mail" yet leave the others untouched? Surely it should be "Chaine Maille Meshe."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd assume so because it seems like that is an annual tradition for the Broncos.

And Tennessee greatly contributed to that run by getting its ass blown off repeatedly on national television. GO VAWLS.

Obviously not in football, but as you said in your earlier post, we're not talking about football. The league won six other National Championships this year (men's golf, gymnastics, women's swimming, men's indoor track, men's outdoor track x2) and had runner-up finishes in three others (women's swimming, baseball, softball), and Tennessee had two of the runner-up finishes, so I'm going to say we did contribute to the conference's overall success in 2012-13.

Obviously not in football, but as you said in your earlier post, we're not talking about football. The league won six other National Championships this year (men's golf, gymnastics, women's swimming, men's indoor track, men's outdoor track x2) and had runner-up finishes in three others (women's swimming, baseball, softball), and Tennessee had two of the runner-up finishes, so I'm going to say we did contribute to the conference's overall success in 2012-13.

Hold on guys. Bash Tennessee all you want to for the last 5 years or so but they are one of the top ten FBS Programs by wins. Lets not talk about Tennessee like they are Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, or Kansas. They have a long storied winning tradition that has fallen on hard times. They will be back though. Anyway BRice16, any word on a possible alt for this year? Rumors are all over the message boards about a Gray Tennessee alt. Do you know anything?

All I have to say is that Miami is going to surprise a lot of you guys this year. I feel like we'll finally win(or at least get to) the ACC title game.

I hope so.

2ly2w09.jpg

Carolina jerseys in stock at the bookstore. Not sure if they're authentic but they definitely feel sturdy. The numbers felt screened on but that may be the new material for this generation of jerseys.

KCOnm5g.jpg

QBjBpB9.jpg?1CJx1GNw.jpg?1S3EDwUa.jpg?2

Those are the mid-level jerseys. I believe the price points are 60, 90 and 120/150.

Carolina jerseys in stock at the bookstore. Not sure if they're authentic but they definitely feel sturdy. The numbers felt screened on but that may be the new material for this generation of jerseys.

KCOnm5g.jpg

QBjBpB9.jpg?1CJx1GNw.jpg?1S3EDwUa.jpg?2

I actually don't mind the fly wire design if just the front of the collar is a contrasting color. Much better than the disco look.

Archived