College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

New here, as I am a huge sports fan and sports logo geek. I will say though I'm not opposed to newer logos and such, I'm frustrated increasingly by the way college football is going in terms of helmets and uniforms. Why does every school have to have 25 combinations or 4 helmets?

Some of these aren't bad, but really dislike most of them.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Longhorn logo + wordmark do push the numbers quite a bit south. If you look closely, you can see where the numbers were "ironed" on over the seams in the jersey. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that before, or maybe I just overlooked it, but you'd think if they weren't careful, it would cause the number material to more easily rip or tear.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Longhorn logo + wordmark do push the numbers quite a bit south. If you look closely, you can see where the numbers were "ironed" on over the seams in the jersey. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that before, or maybe I just overlooked it, but you'd think if they weren't careful, it would cause the number material to more easily rip or tear.

The numbers are like that on all of the new speed machine uniforms.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm glad the Longhorns didn't go nuts with the changes. My only issue is with this, any any other flywire design, is that it pushed the numbers way down too low.

I'm thinking that this was likely a big push by nike to get all of their elite schools with traditonal uniforms onto the speed machine template. I know bama and usc made changes over the last couple of years. UGA, UF, and TX this season pretty much gets all of these schools off of the oregon diamond plate pattern which was around a decade old.

New here, as I am a huge sports fan and sports logo geek. I will say though I'm not opposed to newer logos and such, I'm frustrated increasingly by the way college football is going in terms of helmets and uniforms. Why does every school have to have 25 combinations or 4 helmets?

Some of these aren't bad, but really dislike most of them.

because thats what a lot of kids want to wear. "its not what you like, its the consumer" - Joe Dirte'

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1045106_10151553352409022_647120237_n.jpg

I think each of them represents suspensions :P

buckred.jpeg?w=512&h=352

No, I'm pretty sure they represent how many years it'll take for Michigan to squeek out another win against them,.

Very funny very funny but I guarantee Michigan wins this year in the Big House. Not saying OSU will be bad this year I think they will do good. I hope for the whole Big 10 to do good just not against Michigan. The Big 10 needs to step it up and start winning because im tired of hearing about the SEC.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

1045106_10151553352409022_647120237_n.jpg

I think each of them represents suspensions :P

buckred.jpeg?w=512&h=352

No, I'm pretty sure they represent how many years it'll take for Michigan to squeek out another win against them,.

no, its how many TDs Braxton Miller is going to have against Michigan this year

Im almost positive it stands for how many times Braxton Miller will get sacked like this against Michigan

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Archived