College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston has lost their minds!!!! They are starting to look minor league again instead of keeping the great red and white look with only a small amount of lines here and there. These are stupid it's as if someone just got crazy on paint and started coloring in pieces of the jersey with white. I have no clue why they would destroy the damn near standard jersey they had. It wasn't great but at least it has looked better than anything from their post SWC days! Non sparkle lids red only along with red and white jerseys and pants with standard numbers and stripes is all you need unless you are going to actually design some great uniforms like TCU or northwestern. This is just disappointing

I though the NCAA stopped the bibb look with BYU?

Houston:

BPP1PFPCYAEW4ER.png

Screen_Shot_2013-07-17_at_50526_PM_zps84389b8a.png

*sigh* :(

This year's new CFB uniforms keep getting worse and worse. We must be close to some kind of breaking point.

Maybe it's not a bib because the botom of the jersey is not white.

I'm sorry guys I didn't read it over before I posted and I was just wondering if they were keeping Fighting Illini or going with a different team name.

Considering how the school is pretty much relying on alumni donations at the moment since the state is sending IOUs to its public schools, they won't do something to piss everyone off.

As I said a couple pages ago, Fighting Illini has nothing to do with Native Americans. It refers to the students that fought in WWI.

http://archives.library.illinois.edu/features/illini.php#4

illinoishelmet2451.jpg

New helmet for Illinois.

IMO, definitely an improvement. I'm sure they'll have a few versions of this once they role out the rebrand.

This is just a placeholder for this season until the rebrand is complete. The matte blue ones will be sticking around this year too as an alternate. I'm still hoping for the arched Illini helmet and zig-zag pattern uniforms with the rebrand next year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Serious question, couldn't those Houston jerseys potentially give them an unfair advantage? Their home "red" jerseys are half white, I can easily imagine a QB whose team is wearing white getting confused in a split second decision.

I don't see how these jerseys are legal. The NCAA rulebook states that If a colored jersey contains white, it may appear only as the player’s number, school name, NCAA Football logo, sleeve stripes, insignia for school, conference, mascot, postseason-game, memorial, or the military, or an American or state flag. See page 23 of this pdf. This is the rule instituted in response to those atrocious BYU bib uniforms. The yokes on this Houston jersey pretty clearly don't fit into any of those categories.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Serious question, couldn't those Houston jerseys potentially give them an unfair advantage? Their home "red" jerseys are half white, I can easily imagine a QB whose team is wearing white getting confused in a split second decision.

I don't see how these jerseys are legal. The NCAA rulebook states that If a colored jersey contains white, it may appear only as the player’s number, school name, NCAA Football logo, sleeve stripes, insignia for school, conference, mascot, postseason-game, memorial, or the military, or an American or state flag. See page 23 of this pdf. This is the rule instituted in response to those atrocious BYU bib uniforms. The yokes on this Houston jersey pretty clearly don't fit into any of those categories.

Not to mention that when players are running across the field, you typically see their shoulders more than any other part, especially if they're facing you. If an opposing defender (who is clearly facing the quarterback) gets lost in the shuffle, the QB will likely see only those gleaming white shoulders.

If anything, these Houston jerseys should be more illegal than the BYU ones. At least the bib was in the center of the jersey and not as bright as the white shoulders.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

illinoishelmet2451.jpg

New helmet for Illinois.

IMO, definitely an improvement. I'm sure they'll have a few versions of this once they role out the rebrand.

Improvement for sure.

Remove the blue outline on the "I" and it would be perfect.

Why?

It wouldn't be our logo then. A 2 outline block-I is our logo. To get ride of the outside outline, IMO it would make the logo flimsy, and not to mention the white outline against orange would be a light against a light and the white would disappear, especially from row 250 in Memorial Stadium. It needs that extra outline (not only to stick to brand standards) but to thicken up that I. Make it Illinois's I and not Iowa's.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I though the NCAA stopped the bibb look with BYU?

Houston:

BPP1PFPCYAEW4ER.png

Screen_Shot_2013-07-17_at_50526_PM_zps84389b8a.png

*sigh* :(

This year's new CFB uniforms keep getting worse and worse. We must be close to some kind of breaking point.

Maybe it's not a bib because the botom of the jersey is not white.

I don't think these will make it into a game. Maybe 1 tops but there is just too much white.

The WKU Hilltoppers will release their new uniforms tonight at 6:00pm (Central Time). Here is a picture of the promo for the event:

Oh god!!!

I have a feeling it is going to be a major downgrade.

spacer.png

Archived