College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia state wore black helmets, white jerseys, and gray paints. Wondering if that's a new combo for them. Wasn't too bad but I kinda wish they wore black pants with the helmet though.

Helmets were the dark gray as well (somewhat reminiscent of what Arkansas wore against Miss St). Seemed like an odd thing to wear against the home team wearing black helmets and pants. Not as bad as when Southwestern Louisiana-Lafayette wore black helmets and black pants against Arkansas State wearing all-black a couple of years ago.
o. Well from the student section it looked black. I wished their pants and helmets matched though.

Today's UNC uniforms are top 5 combo worn by any team in 2013.

I wish the whole country could see them. Unique, vibrant, and easily identifiable for the school. And this is coming from someone who was upset with the conversion to black for the Heels.

10/10

lol

Also, who has the board established as the trendsetters for gray jerseys?

West Virginia?

Definitely not.

123697798_display_image.jpg

Oregon had anthracite home and away uniforms made for their bowl game (which happened to be the NCG) following the 2010 season. They ended up being the away team and wearing white and then using the home version vs. LSU to open the 2011 season.

Nike gave several teams anthracite uniforms prior to the 2012 season (TCU, WVU, Arky, Mizzou off the top of my head).

I think GFGS started in MBB, but I believe AFAS started with Oregon at the end of the 2010 season.

the NCG was carbon not anthracite, the grey was the lighter shade (carbon), their pro-combats the next year against lsu were anthracite (your post)Nike-Oregon-National-Championship-Unifor

Citadel helmets today:

BZw-hKXIYAEFoF6.jpg

I like the helmet stripe and the facemask, but yet another thing I can't stand in college football is using the state the school is in's outline. It's so annoying.

I only really find that annoying when the name of the state is already in the school name. For a school like the Citadel it's OK since most people have no idea where the hell it is.

Today's UNC uniforms are top 5 combo worn by any team in 2013.

I wish the whole country could see them. Unique, vibrant, and easily identifiable for the school. And this is coming from someone who was upset with the conversion to black for the Heels.

10/10

lol

Also, who has the board established as the trendsetters for gray jerseys?

West Virginia?

Definitely not.

123697798_display_image.jpg

Oregon had anthracite home and away uniforms made for their bowl game (which happened to be the NCG) following the 2010 season. They ended up being the away team and wearing white and then using the home version vs. LSU to open the 2011 season.

Nike gave several teams anthracite uniforms prior to the 2012 season (TCU, WVU, Arky, Mizzou off the top of my head).

I think GFGS started in MBB, but I believe AFAS started with Oregon at the end of the 2010 season.

the NCG was carbon not anthracite, the grey was the lighter shade (carbon), their pro-combats the next year against lsu were anthracite (your post)Nike-Oregon-National-Championship-Unifor

Wrong, you just have a bad picture.

The pants Oregon wore in the NCG were the same ones they wore vs. LSU. Nike gave them a white/white set and an anthracite/anthracite set. Oregon was the visitor, but chose to wear the pants Nike game them to wear if they were the home team.

110110.JH_.fbc_.auburn.4059.jpg

nick-fairley-tackles-oregon-quarterback-

No-4-LSU-takes-care-of-No-3-Oregon-6ABQR

Citadel helmets today:

BZw-hKXIYAEFoF6.jpg

I like the helmet stripe and the facemask, but yet another thing I can't stand in college football is using the state the school is in's outline. It's so annoying.

I only really find that annoying when the name of the state is already in the school name. For a school like the Citadel it's OK since most people have no idea where the hell it is.

I disagree. It makes sense for a state school to display an outline of the state. It makes no sense for Citadel or a school that has nothing to do with the state to display it. Who cares what the outline of the state the Citadel is located in looks like?

BZ7yS27CAAAvs98.png

yeah, navy's helmet looks great. I do wonder what the green facemask represents, though.

you mean the green face mask on baylor right? it just might be because grey would look too much like a ND helmet, and green looks good

Baylor and ND already wear the same facemasks: http://collegespun.com/independents/notre-dame/notre-dame-usc-baylor-to-sport-gold-facemasks-for-the-2013-2014-football-season

Here is a pic of Baylor's actual throwback uniform, not a fan PS.

throwback_zps0787c597.png

Georgia state wore black helmets, white jerseys, and gray paints. Wondering if that's a new combo for them. Wasn't too bad but I kinda wish they wore black pants with the helmet though.

Helmets were the dark gray as well (somewhat reminiscent of what Arkansas wore against Miss St). Seemed like an odd thing to wear against the home team wearing black helmets and pants. Not as bad as when Southwestern Louisiana-Lafayette wore black helmets and black pants against Arkansas State wearing all-black a couple of years ago.

As a State student, I LOVE our new uniforms

MABPQGMZCBIRFEW.20131124001841.jpg

Not new. Just haven't worn them this year but, they are my favorite. I wish these would replace the black ones as the primary

Citadel helmets today:

BZw-hKXIYAEFoF6.jpg

I disagree. It makes sense for a state school to display an outline of the state. It makes no sense for Citadel or a school that has nothing to do with the state to display it. Who cares what the outline of the state the Citadel is located in looks like?

Pretty much where I went with it... private schools shouldn't use state outlines. I actually thought this was North Carolina at first, because of the colors and the angle of the helmet (NC and SC's coastlines look vaguely similar).

Archived