College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the picture linked above but here is another one of WMU's unis for tonight.

aciCCAG.jpg

I hate every single thing about this uniform. The white helmet. The facemask. The helmet decal. The shininess of the gold. The font. The team saying on back. the undershirts. The pants. The black thermal undergarments. The socks. And the shoes.

My head is about to explode.

I love college football and will usually watch any game that is on, but I literally couldn't watch this game when I saw what both teams were wearing. Mfgs (particularly adidas) are ruining the game for me. I love the pageantry and a big part of that is teams looking like what they are supposed to. This is just garbage.

NIU basically wore a home version of their Orange Bowl uniforms.

dm_131126_Northern_Illinois_Western_Mich

Better than their regular look outside of the corny NOB's.

evc_20131127_Western_Michigan_vs_Norther

I'm not a fan of the chrome-ish elements on the jerseys... I've yet to see an example of it that looks right to me.

I think the "chrome" numbers look great. The Raiders and Saints should really consider having their numbers in that material.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

NIU basically wore a home version of their Orange Bowl uniforms.

dm_131126_Northern_Illinois_Western_Mich

Better than their regular look outside of the corny NOB's.

evc_20131127_Western_Michigan_vs_Norther

I'm not a fan of the chrome-ish elements on the jerseys... I've yet to see an example of it that looks right to me.

I think the "chrome" numbers look great. The Raiders and Saints should really consider having their numbers in that material.

No, they really shouldn't. With metallic flake helmets, shiny tackle tiwll numbers match better than chrome ones like these.

I like the NIU helmet, if only because the Huskie head looks so great on its own. The "NIU" underneath it on the regular helmet just seems unnecessary.\

I agree. My ideal Northern Illinois helmets. Here's some severed heads -

niuhelmets_zpsd020377f.png

I'd be happy with any of these, but I think I like the Michigan Panthers style one best.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Interesting article on the uniforms of the Egg Bowl-

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013311270045

It points out that Ole Miss is very traditional with their uniforms, while Mississippi State has worn several adidas-designed alternates over the past few years.

Also worth mentioning is that Mississippi State is looking at wearing special uniforms (throwbacks maybe?) for the 100th anniversary of Davis Wade Stadium. They are also already working with adidas on a new design for the 2015 regular uniforms.

Here's the full egg bowl uniform for Mississippi State-

https://pic.twitter.com/MUfgqalYvU

Heard OSU will wear all orange for the Cival War while the Ducks will go all green, however I don't think Oregon will since they already did all green this year, unless it's all kelly green, in which case I don't think they'd mix that with the darker green, but we may see a mix of greens too based off the Civil War shirts being sold:

http://shop.uoduckstore.com/Forest_Nike_Oregon_Fighting_Ducks_Regular_Fit_Tee_p/12918.htm

Heard OSU will wear all orange for the Cival War while the Ducks will go all green, however I don't think Oregon will since they already did all green this year, unless it's all kelly green, in which case I don't think they'd mix that with the darker green, but we may see a mix of greens too based off the Civil War shirts being sold:

http://shop.uoduckstore.com/Forest_Nike_Oregon_Fighting_Ducks_Regular_Fit_Tee_p/12918.htm

Wouldn't mind seeing Oregon pull out the Kelly greens, but OSU's all-orange look is terrible. Would rather see black, but if Oregon goes Kelly green that won't happen

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived