GotPixels NFL Project 40 Expansion Series

GotPixels

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could use some blue on the away right now there is nothing to tie it to the helmet.

I would also add some blue to the pants & make the socks blue because right now they would not match the helmet at all.

You could change the helmet to red but I don't think the logo would look good on that color.

Also not of fan of the number font either.

on the road jersey I'd make the top part of the sleeve blue. also, two archers?

Archers is plural..

Considered just one, but I didn't want it to look like a spear.

You could use some blue on the away right now there is nothing to tie it to the helmet.

I would also add some blue to the pants & make the socks blue because right now they would not match the helmet at all.

You could change the helmet to red but I don't think the logo would look good on that color.

Also not of fan of the number font either.

Yeah, it needs some blue for sure. The number font matches he logo font. Didn't want to get too far away from that.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

on the road jersey I'd make the top part of the sleeve blue. also, two archers?

Archers is plural..

Considered just one, but I didn't want it to look like a spear.

oh, sorry. never saw the update on the dublin one. also, i think you should start using standard number fonts instead of these crazy skinny fonts that just don't look right on a jersey

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I'm enjoying the series, but it's kind of a shame to see you're not being as realistic with your logo's as you are with your locations. By that I mean you've clearly spent a lot of time and thought on where viable locations might be for placing franchises and looked at trying to generate real rivalries. But when it comes to your designs you dont seem to have thought about how corporate colour schemes work or about real life production methods.

Almost every one of your designs contains a gradient of some kind, and all of them use far more than the standard three or four colours (at most) and possibly black or white. Take for example your Archers logo, it contains at least THREE different shades of grey! Gradients are almost unianimously frowned upon in sports design as they cannot be replicated using embroidery which means producing caps would be impossible. And the more colours you use the more expensive and time consuming things become to produce.

I know this is just for fun, but it seems a shame to have been so thorough on the choice of locations, but let things slide with regards the design side, especially when this is a design forum after all. You're ideas are good, there are things I'd tweak with them all, but they're pretty strong identities, but right now due to the methods used they unfortuneately wouldn't be practical designs.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I'm enjoying the series, but it's kind of a shame to see you're not being as realistic with your logo's as you are with your locations. By that I mean you've clearly spent a lot of time and thought on where viable locations might be for placing franchises and looked at trying to generate real rivalries. But when it comes to your designs you dont seem to have thought about how corporate colour schemes work or about real life production methods.

Almost every one of your designs contains a gradient of some kind, and all of them use far more than the standard three or four colours (at most) and possibly black or white. Take for example your Archers logo, it contains at least THREE different shades of grey! Gradients are almost unianimously frowned upon in sports design as they cannot be replicated using embroidery which means producing caps would be impossible. And the more colours you use the more expensive and time consuming things become to produce.

I know this is just for fun, but it seems a shame to have been so thorough on the choice of locations, but let things slide with regards the design side, especially when this is a design forum after all. You're ideas are good, there are things I'd tweak with them all, but they're pretty strong identities, but right now due to the methods used they unfortuneately wouldn't be practical designs.

9erssteve

Thanks for the feedback.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Like I stated some where along the way, this is a hobby for me. I'm not all that familiar with the processes that you have brought to my attention. I will keep those in mind moving forward, for sure. I will go back and tweak along the way.

This only helps me get better. Thanks.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

One more suggestion from me. I like how you gave LA a team back in the NFC West but I think with the history of the rivalry between the Niners and the Rams, would it not be better to send the Rams back to LA and stay in the NFC West keeping that intact and give StL the expansion team in the NFC North? Just my opinion anyways.

Archived