Personal Uniform Quirks

raysox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking, do any of you go about your uniform in a special way? Stuff you see in the pros that you used in your own life.

When I played baseball, I was one of the only ones to wear my socks up. No way I'd ever wear baggy pants.

I did the same thing with my baseball socks. Throughout high school I was referred to as "Socks."

jNTsTyQ.png

I always felt that if black wasn't an official color it should only be acceptable for cleats and socks. And if so the only accent color should be white. Kinda the way UT does it. And if you ABSOLUTELY need a team color accent to go with black, go with the darker color. (our colors were green and orange so i would prefer green)

In high school i was one of the first people in my area to wear long white tights and i really like the way that looks. I only wore them sometimes though. and though im anti bfbs i am guilty of turning a team colored Nike chinstrap cover (orange) inside out and wearing it black because Vince Young and Colt McCoy did that...kinda dumb i know but i thought it was cool lol.

Oh and for baseball i would fold the inner part of the top button in because i noticed Craig Biggio did that. And in high school i only played 2 yrs, jv being the highest level and i only had really small pants so i would have to wear them up, had i the choice the i would change it up.

Whenever I play basketball, I tuck in my jersey tight for the first half. In the second half, I untuck it.

Also when I play dodgeball, I tuck in the right part of my shirt like Wayne Gretzky did with his jersey in his NY days

In the OHSAA, (Ohio's high school sports governing body) you can get a technical foul if you fail to tuck in your jersey. The referees usually give you a warning first but if it's untucked again, you are probably getting a technical.

Anyway, I always wore stirrups while playing baseball....always.

mcbqza.jpg

When I was a kid I played soccer in the autumn and spring. The spring season we'd have to play with the silly orange ball because of snow and I ALWAYS wore shorts. No pants, most seasons I was the only kid not wearing pants. Hated that I couldn't feel the ball the same way.

Whenever I play basketball, I tuck in my jersey tight for the first half. In the second half, I untuck it.

Also when I play dodgeball, I tuck in the right part of my shirt like Wayne Gretzky did with his jersey in his NY days

In the OHSAA, (Ohio's high school sports governing body) you can get a technical foul if you fail to tuck in your jersey. The referees usually give you a warning first but if it's untucked again, you are probably getting a technical.

I don't play in Ohio and the leagues I have played in don't make an issue of it, so I'm all good there.

Go A's!

In baseball my pants are always to my knees, socks exposed, always. I will never wear my pants down to my ankles, ever. All my friends wear a batting glove under their fielding mitt, I'm the only one who doesn't... I don't like how it looks, and personally it makes the mitt feel too tight on my hand.

I wore my pants baggy when I played baseball in high school.

Not sure if this fits the topic specifically, but when I played hockey I always put my goalie pads on in the same order. Not "it was just muscle memory" the same order, I mean "every piece was put on in a specific order because that was the order it was meant to be put on in, by G-d."

For softball, like many of you, I go high socks. I actually bought stirrups last year, not too far off from what the Cardinals wear. I also have red cleats and always wear my old Angels BP cap. We have team caps...I just don't wear mine. By the end of the game, I'm usually also covered in dirt :D . Even though it's rec-league, I have a hard time not sliding when I'm baserunning.

In hockey, my only "quirk" I guess is the way I tape my shinguards. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but I've done it that way since high school.

Back when I played basketball, I always wore Air Force 1s, long socks and short shorts - not John Stockton short, but mid-thigh, and a little on the snug side. This was during the height of the baggy shorts era, and I have to admit I looked quite out of place with the rest of my teammates, with their long, flowing shorts and ultra-modern shoes...

Basketball & Lacrosse: Always wore high black socks - even before it was cool.

Baseball: Knee high socks that show my team colored socks

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I feel like, in high school baseball at least, knee high pants with socks showing are a sort of "look at me" thing. Especially since we have white pants and purple socks. Who knows, maybe I'll do it and be one of the few on my team to show my socks.

And I did get a technical in middle school basketball for having my jersey untucked, and another one for flopping...

Edit: Hey look, post 400...

spacer.png

Archived