NHL Expansion?

JayMac

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to stop reading Hfboards.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't believe that the Maple Leafs wouldn't veto any incursion into the Toronto market.

I can't see Milwaukee being able to support a team so long as the Bucks are in town, but that could change any day. They've done pretty well with their minor-league team over the past 40 years.

Kansas City has long had an arena, but doesn't seem to have the interest.

OITGDNHL. Get ready for Albuquerque and El Paso.

I can't believe that the Maple Leafs wouldn't veto any incursion into the Toronto market.

I can't see Milwaukee being able to support a team so long as the Bucks are in town, but that could change any day. They've done pretty well with their minor-league team over the past 40 years.

Yeah I don't see another Toronto team happening. I think that Quebec City and Seattle could be locks but will they be expansion cities or will current teams relocate to the cities? I seriously don't know how the Coyotes will last in Phoenix and how on earth does southern Florida still have the Panthers?

Never been on HFboards ever. Here is a link to an article...

http://aol.sportingn...ey-coyotes-sale

Ah yes, the Quixotic Markham proposal. Those fools....

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Albuquerque would be a better market for an NBA team NHL team. Didn't Albuquerque have an old ABA team? Salt Lake City might have a better shot at an NHL expansion team. SLC Spires? Utah Saints?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Albuquerque would be a better market for an NBA team NHL team. Didn't Albuquerque have an old ABA team? Salt Lake City might have a better shot at an NHL expansion team. SLC Spires? Utah Saints? How on earth does Columbus have the Blue Jackets and Carolina have the Hurricanes?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Albuquerque would be a better market for an NBA team NHL team. Didn't Albuquerque have an old ABA team? Salt Lake City might have a better shot at an NHL expansion team. SLC Spires? Utah Saints? How on earth does Columbus have the Blue Jackets and Carolina have the Hurricanes?

If I had to choose I'd love to see Columbus move. Don't mind a team in Quebec, but Toronto doesn't need another team. I'm sure there are plenty of cities in the US that would support a team given the chance.

Few cities would support the Blue Jackets.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yeah I don't see another Toronto team happening. I think that Quebec City and Seattle could be locks but will they be expansion cities or will current teams relocate to the cities? I seriously don't know how the Coyotes will last in Phoenix and how on earth does southern Florida still have the Panthers?

I've wondered the same thing about the Panthers. Decent ownership, maybe? Not sure. Don't even play in Miami. At least the Lightning get good fan support.

Seattle, Hamilton, Quebec City, and Hartford would be decent places for teams. Not sure about the arena situation in Hartford, however. Kansas City has been mentioned before, but nobody in terms of ownership has ever stepped up in KC. I think it is doubtful, however, for expansion to happen at least until the Phoenix ownership situation is settled. I'm sure the first three cities I've mentioned will be jockeying for the Coyotes.

If I had my way, the NHL would contract the Panthers and the Blue Jackets, move the Predators to Hamilton, and the Coyotes, Whalers, and North Stars would never have moved. Maybe have a team back in Quebec.

The Panthers are a loss leader for the arena managers, who would forfeit their lease with Broward County if they sold the team. Clever of the lawyers to draw it up that way and prevent another Atlanta Thrashers, but it's an inefficient allocation of resources for the league as a whole.

Expansion is a terrible idea for this league. That's why I fully expect them to do it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I understand getting your foot in new doors, but I'd prefer to knock the existing doors off their hinges first. I'm not sure at least one current door is even a door.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Albuquerque would be a better market for an NBA team NHL team. Didn't Albuquerque have an old ABA team? Salt Lake City might have a better shot at an NHL expansion team. SLC Spires? Utah Saints?

Salt Lake Golden Eagles.

I'd go with Utah Golden Eagles or just Utah Eagles to differentiate between the CHL/IHL and NHL franchises. The Grizzlies' identity isn't bad, either. Even something like Utah Rockies could work (using mountains and red rocks).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived