Retro college Football unis

grabursock5

Hey everyone! I love this website and just recently found the forums section and have found a lot of interesting threads. However, I was unable to find a thread of retro college football uniforms (late 60s/70s/80s/90s/ even early 2000s) I love making retro uniforms on NCAA Teambuilder, but it is so hard to find retro uniforms unless you search for a specific player from that team in a given era. For example, if I want a 1984 maryland uniform, I need to look up "Boomer Esiason maryland football" in google, and even then its usually a crap shoot. But here is a chance to put some uniforms that you grew up loving in this thread

So, for the greater good of the whole comunity, lets just make a thread completely devoted to college football retro uniforms!

Please include the year that the uniform was worn! good luck everyone! hope this projhect is a success!

I'll start us off!

vinny_testaverde.jpg

Vinny Testaverde, Miami U, 1989

0825_large.jpg

PSU Joe Jurevicius 1997 With a little bit of late 90s USC in there too lol

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fred Taylor, University of Florida, 1994-1997

rn_g_fredtaylor_ms_400.jpg

Danny Wuerffel, University of Florida, 1996

ncf_g_spurwuef_600.jpg

Danny Wuerffel, University of Florida, 1995

danny.wuerffel.jpg

Emmitt Smith, University of Florida, 1988

emmitt-gators.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

1980PittsburghPanthers_display_image.jpg?1284582404

1980s pittsburgh panthers (i never knew they had a blue helmet)

Thast actually not a blue helmet, its their usual gold helmet but they used blue pride stickers on the shell and gold stickers on the helmet stripe making the helmet look reversed.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

fbb6.gif

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 1980s

EricTurner_display_image.jpg?1344478040

Love these 1980s UCLA Unis

1410612_display_image.jpg?1284586997

2001 oregon ducks I like these a lot more than the stuff they trot out in now.

I really miss the Rainbow Warriors. I used to love their sets (though I really like what they use now too). Also thought it was cool how they used the rainbow, a unique feature in sports uniform history. Anyone know if Hawaii has any plans for Rainbow throwbacks?

Thast actually not a blue helmet, its their usual gold helmet but they used blue pride stickers on the shell and gold stickers on the helmet stripe making the helmet look reversed.

OHHHH ok i got ya now. I thought that looked a little strange. thanks for pointing that out!

Just using old unis to practice in, thats all. Still wish they wore those Nike unis, liked them a lot better than any of the UA ones, plus it instantly reminds me of Brennan and Bess.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

In reply to SJAnfield,

this is from a spring game last year i think.

art1a.jpg

Those were from Coach McMackin's first year as head coach about 3 or 4 years ago. Not sure what the school has in store for the athletic branding/naming of the teams (Rainbows, Rainbow Warriors, Rainbow Wahine, Warriors). The new AD, Ben Jay, was hoping to look into unifying the athletic teams to minimize confusion with their names. There was a buzz going on last year when Norm Chow was hired as the new football coach and called the team the Rainbow Warriors.

In reply to SJAnfield,

art1a.jpg

Those were from Coach McMackin's first year as head coach about 3 or 4 years ago. Not sure what the school has in store for the athletic branding/naming of the teams (Rainbows, Rainbow Warriors, Rainbow Wahine, Warriors). The new AD, Ben Jay, was hoping to look into unifying the athletic teams to minimize confusion with their names. There was a buzz going on last year when Norm Chow was hired as the new football coach and called the team the Rainbow Warriors.

Sorry for the misinformation guys! I didnt really know when they were from, but it didnt seem like 3 years ago already lol. (I guess i dont get a whole lot of hawaii info while living here in PA) But anyway, I would love to see a return as the Rainbow warriors. I never thought it was feminine or trivial, and by changing the name to get rid of "rainbow" thats when it almost began to be associated with being offensive IMO.

anyhoo... Here is my retro uni of the morning before my fist class!

c2f57ffb50d59506aae99b3045a0ebac3c821283.jpg?x=453&y=744&sig=97a1c5640fb57761da962021d681f532

Wyoming mike dirks (Brown). Tackling BYU QB in white/blue 1965

In reply to SJAnfield,

art1a.jpg

Im just going off of cleats and gloves being worn, but that picture has to be at least 4 years old....Even if they still wore the nike uniforms for practice, I couldn't see them not having Under Armour cleats and gloves

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived