New MLB Cooperstown Patch 59FIFTY Caps

csura999

hwll.jpg

If this were red and navy blue, you might have one of the nicest Indians hats available. Instead it's red and black, the Indians have NEVER included black in their color scheme.

That looks navy on my screen.

I'm on my iPad and it looks black.

It looks navy, but the description says black http://www.lids.com/MLB/Cleveland-Indians/20463470

Go A's!

That Brewers hat has me wondering... what would some of baseball's teams look like in the color scheme of their football counterparts? Brewers/Packers, Mets/Jets, Phils/Eagles, Tigers/Lions, Diamondbacks/Cards, Cardinals/Rams and so forth. Some would be :censored: for sure, but some might look kinda cool.

That sounds like a great idea. I would love to see the Nationals in Redskins colors.On second thought that may look like crap. I might have to try this later on. Thanks for the idea.

It's actually been done before by New Era, probably no more than 5 years ago. I remember seeing purple and gold Twins "M" hats, blue and gold Cardinals hats, scarlet and gold Giants hats, etc.

It was sort of done by New Era. They didn't care what city the baseball team actually was from, they just used the letter and recolored it for whatever football team started with the same letter - IE they colored a Red Sox cap Purple, Black, and Gold for the Ravens. I think they used a Pirates cap for the Packers, etc.

No, they did a bunch of the real city combos first (Washington, Miami, LA, Chicago, Houston). It then went onto the other colors like you described. That's sort of how we ended up with the rainbow selection of Yankees hats.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That Brewers hat has me wondering... what would some of baseball's teams look like in the color scheme of their football counterparts? Brewers/Packers, Mets/Jets, Phils/Eagles, Tigers/Lions, Diamondbacks/Cards, Cardinals/Rams and so forth. Some would be :censored: for sure, but some might look kinda cool.

That sounds like a great idea. I would love to see the Nationals in Redskins colors.On second thought that may look like crap. I might have to try this later on. Thanks for the idea.

It's actually been done before by New Era, probably no more than 5 years ago. I remember seeing purple and gold Twins "M" hats, blue and gold Cardinals hats, scarlet and gold Giants hats, etc.

It was sort of done by New Era. They didn't care what city the baseball team actually was from, they just used the letter and recolored it for whatever football team started with the same letter - IE they colored a Red Sox cap Purple, Black, and Gold for the Ravens. I think they used a Pirates cap for the Packers, etc.

No, they did a bunch of the real city combos first (Washington, Miami, LA, Chicago, Houston). It then went onto the other colors like you described. That's sort of how we ended up with the rainbow selection of Yankees hats.

The Pirates/Packers hat was actually more of a Pirates/Athletics combo... they were called Twisted hats and it was basically mlb hats in other mlb team's colors.

90758391980.gif

http://www.lids.com/...pPatch&recs=all

New hats from New Era. Many appear to be color swaps.

This one is the "ball-in-mitt" cap logo with the mid-1990's color scheme:

en3u8.jpg

This one is the Milwaukee Brewers' cap logo from the mid 1990's with their 1970-1993 color scheme:

n624bc.jpg

Color swap aside, it really pisses me off that the Brewers license every single one of their historical cap logos EXCEPT my favorite, the 97-99 Germanic "M".

Frankly, this is WAY better than what they wear now. I'd like to see this all the time under the Trop

This Tampa Bay Rays one also caught my attention:

2cwvak1.jpg

What do you guys think of these caps?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Pirates/Packers hat was actually more of a Pirates/Athletics combo... they were called Twisted hats and it was basically mlb hats in other mlb team's colors.

The Twisted line was separate to the city mash-up line (not sure what they called it). I can tell you for a fact that they sold the city combo hats. The Astros hat in Oilers colors (it was when the Texans sucked) was impossible to find locally in any size except for 7 or 8. There was a thread her about those city mashup hats, like 6-8 years ago.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Twisted line was separate to the city mash-up line (not sure what they called it). I can tell you for a fact that they sold the city combo hats. The Astros hat in Oilers colors (it was when the Texans sucked) was impossible to find locally in any size except for 7 or 8. There was a thread her about those city mashup hats, like 6-8 years ago.

Yeah I remember there being MLB hats in nfl colors, city mash up or whatever it's called,, I'm just saying the dude before you who mentioned a Packers style Pirates hat, I promise you it was meant to be Oakland A's style.

90758391980.gif

Color swap aside, it really pisses me off that the Brewers license every single one of their historical cap logos EXCEPT my favorite, the 97-99 Germanic "M".

I agree... I've been wanting a Germanic "M" fitted cap for the longest time now! Lol. Both the white "M" and the gold "M" version.

hwll.jpg

If this were red and navy blue, you might have one of the nicest Indians hats available. Instead it's red and black, the Indians have NEVER included black in their color scheme.

It looks navy, but the description says black http://www.lids.com/...ndians/20463470

Saw one in person at the Tower City lids and it's navy.

Only other issue I have is that it has a patch for the 1948 world series...the crooked C is 1970s Indians.

70389454.png

Yeah I remember there being MLB hats in nfl colors, city mash up or whatever it's called,, I'm just saying the dude before you who mentioned a Packers style Pirates hat, I promise you it was meant to be Oakland A's style.

No, it wasn't. I remember the MLB Twisted series well - I have a Yankees as A's and Yankees as Reds hat (for my HS and College Colors) and this was another series. How else do you explain a purple, black, and gold Red Sox hat?

Anubis.png

hwll.jpg

It looks navy, but the description says black http://www.lids.com/...ndians/20463470

Saw one in person at the Tower City lids and it's navy.

Only other issue I have is that it has a patch for the 1948 world series...the crooked C is 1970s Indians.

It should have a patch for "10-cent beer night".

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived