Blue Jackets 2013-14 - "Welcome to a New Age" (updated AGAIN!)

OhioSportsMan61

Hey guys,

For the past few days, I've been working on a little project with my free time. My goal was to completely redesign the Blue Jackets. With the organization going through a remodel both on the ice and up in the press box, I believe that it is time for the club to usher in a new era of uniforms. While many Columbus fans have grown accustomed to their current uniforms, their identity is not a very strong one. I have heard stories about CBJ fans wearing the team's tshirts around the country/world, and others saying "go Patriots!".

First off, I do not own the copyrights on the crest logo. I retraced and made some alterations to the original concept logo that was created by the username "BranMan32" from flickr (Here is the link to the original logo: LINK).

-The logo solidifies the team's branding, as it better unifies the team and the Ohio's rich Civil War history.

-The traditional striping on the home and road primaries give the team a sharp, respectable look...something in my mind the team has lacked recently (except for the current third).

-The numerals are unique to the team, and help build the brand that the current third jersey has.

-The shoulder patch reinforces the Civil War theme, and solidifies the Jackets as "Ohio's Team".

-The captain patches are unique to the team and fit nicely with the "Ohio branding".

-And finally, the alternate pays homage to the inaugural season.

Anyways, to the concepts.....

CBJhomefull_zpsc84e54e3.png

CBJawayfull_zps92f0e507.png

CBJaltfull_zps512720fb.png

enjoy

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

First, I love the logos. Great job.

Second, I like that striping pattern on hockey jerseys, but it just doesn't feel right with Columbus for some reason. I'd try something not too far off from that, yet different. Maybe Northwestern stripes?

Third, I'm glad you got rid of the red breezers on the primary uni's, but unfortunately they come back on your third set. I feel like it's a NYR ripoff (not your fault, as that's what they currently use). Also, the third jersey is different, but too similar to the primary blue. Maybe something along the lines of their current third jersey color scheme would work better?

All-in-all, it's a vast improvement on what they currently have. You could even take their current primary logo and make it a secondary (which is what it more or less feels like right now). I don't mind the number font either, but some improvements could be made there.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but I can't stand that number font. I understand that you're going for something unique but it just doesn't look good.

Otherwise, the concept is solid.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Great concept! The primary logo is excellent, awesome job there, and the jerseys are nice as well. One suggestion that I have would be to maybe spice up the third a bit, because in my opinion, it's a little too similar to the home set at the moment. Oh, and personally, I'm a big fan of the number font, so I hope that you don't change that.

spacer.png

The away jersey really bothers me because it resembles the Rangers too much.

Agreed feels really Rangers like, simply because of the colour. I think the how and road recoloured like the current 3rd would look superb.

To tell you the truth, I'm not the biggest fan of the double blue look. I left the Jackets with union blue and red because those are the state's colors and have always been the primary colors for the team.

I'm working on an update right now....the number font will be changed to either their current one or a completely new one, and I'm making some tweaks to the alternate (I'm thinking of making a white version of it). Stay tuned, and keep the C&C coming!

And I understand that some of you aren't the biggest fans of the red breezers for the alt, but it is meant to pay homage to the inaugural team.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

The shoulder logo looks much more like a classic main crest than the soldier's profile image. I think those logos should switch places. You may think the soldier illustration is really sharp, and it is, but I think your patch logo is much more iconic and well branded.

To stay away from the NY Rangers comparisons, you could ditch the bottom striping on the jerseys and let it be a really simple, clean look.

Bump. Any more C&C (especially on the white alt)?

Would a white Ohio patch with a Blue "A" work on the homes?

I've tried it out. Doesn't fit well, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

What if the state of Ohio was red with a thicker white outline?

(There's a GOP joke in there somewhere)

thecatch.jpg

the jerseys are way too Rangers-like. The logo is excellent, the jerseys need a new striping scheme. Let's face it, blue with a white-blue-red-blue-white stripe scheme at home, and white with blue shoulders and a blue-white-red-white-blue stripe scheme on the road has already been done.

Going back to the current logo and the original jerseys for the alt does not seem like a "new era", either.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Hey, we went blue in the last two elections.

I'm in love with that primary logo. One of the best I've ever seen utilizing a soldier for a Blue Jackets concept. The only thing that needs work on it, and you'll have to talk to the guy who designed it, is the collar. It needs to bolder, perhaps less angular to fit with the rest of the concept.

Not as big a fan of the alternate logo. I'm not sure what you're going for with it and I think either the current primary or the current secondary would do a better job of communicating the same thing in its place.

The jerseys are a little uninspired and the white really looks like the Rangers. I'd lose the blue yoke completely and leave that area white. I love the Ohio background for the captain's patches. Something that might look cool is if you housed the sleeve numbers in the state outline like the Cleveland Barons used to do.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Keep the captain's patch as is. The subtlety of it on the home jersey is incredibly awesome. Nice job here!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived