The America League

pcgd

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southie SC // Premier League

southie1.jpg

I'm lovin' this series.

Like I said before, I've got this bookmarked for reference purposes; it's that good.

However pc, you gotta lose the arms on this logo imo.

They just don't look right coming from behind around the crest.

The claddagh idea is great, but maybe you only need the cuffs and hands to pull it off.

Saint Louis // Premier League

stlouis1.jpg

The Saint Louis Soccer Club was founded in 1932 and have been known as the Arches since 1968 when they added the Arch to their badge. The team has had minor success over the years largely playing in the top flight and winning two championships. They play their games at Soulard Park which has been their home since 1940.

The team's logo features the Apotheosis of St. Louis, a statue of King Louis IX surrounded by the Saint Louis Arch. The team's uniforms are fairly basic with the only decoration being the adidas stripes and a subtle Arch shape sublimated on the front of each jersey. Primary uniform is maroon over light blue over maroon and the change kit is the mirror image.

stlouis2.jpgstlouis3.jpgstlouis4.jpgstlouis5.jpg

The main change from the sketch to the final was the arch became tonal in place of high contrast.

stlouis6.jpg

The District // Premier League

district1.jpg

In the nation's capital they play the world's game, and the fans cheer on The District. They are one of the founding members of the America League and have won 11 championships. They have choosen not to add stars to their crest as they win championships however. Some say they have a holier than thou attitude, but others say because they have a stars and stripes motif they don't want to add more clutter. The answer most likely lies somewhere in between. They play their matches at The National Stadium which is where the US National Team plays its games.

The team's logo is a take on the Seal of the United States but modernized and refined. The team's iconic vertical red stripes are in the background. Those stripes are featured on the primary kit which is paired with blue shorts and hooped socks. The change kit is an all white jersey with red accents (inspired by the team's , red shorts and hooped socks. Both feature local National Geographic as its sponsor.

district2.jpgdistrict3.jpgdistrict4.jpgdistrict5.jpg

The final identity is pretty much how envisioned The District with only minor variations.

district6.jpg

Southwest Florida // America One

swflorida1.jpg

This is another team that I created for personal reasons. My wife and I visit Sanibel Island frequently, we got engaged there and I have grown to love the island and Southwest Florida in general. The logo and colors were heavily inspired by the sea and coasts of the area. They are known as the Shells and play at Suncoast Stadium in Ft. Meyers. The team has been mostly a player in the top half of the America One with a few seasons in the Premier League and a few in America Two.

The team's primary uniform is all Sea Foam Green with navy and tan accents. The Change kit replaces sea foam with white. Publix supermarkets is their sponsor.

swflorida2.jpgswflorida3.jpgswflorida4.jpgswflorida5.jpg

The biggest change from the sketch to completion was the addition of palm trees to the logo.

swflorida6.jpg

Tampa Bay United // America One

tampabay1.jpg

In the 1950s there were teams in Tampa and St. Petersburg that played in regional competitions. They were major competitors but there was a desire for top flight professional soccer in the Tampa Bay region. Intially a Tampa ownership group was going to start a team but the owners of the Tampa and St. Petersburg team's decided to join forces and start the club instead and Tampa Bay United was born. They play their games at Stoney Pointe.

The team's logo is split 50/50 with the identities of each former team and city with icons from the flag. Overall its the shape of a cigar label (hence their nickname "Cigars") with a Pelican and pink representing St. Petersburg and a ship and green representing Tampa.

The team's uniform carries the half and half theme. The primary features a half and half jersey over white with a green sock and a pink sock. The change kit is a white raglan with a green sleeve and pink sleeve over white shorts and white socks.

tampabay2.jpgtampabay3.jpgtampabay4.jpgtampabay5.jpg

The only additions from the initial sketches are the details like the the black checkered piping.

tampabay6.jpg

Sacramento SC // America Two

sacramento1.jpg

The Caps have called Sacramento home since 1903. Just being around 110 years hasn't lead to much success as they have primarily been a bottom of the America Two and third division club most of their existence. They had some top flight success during the depression but years of mediocrity have put them in the relegation zone year after year. Their matches are played at the Discover Park Grounds.

The team's mark has featured the California Capital since their inception but the surroundings and style have been updated multiple times throughout the years. The team's colors are forest green and gold. The team's uniforms feature a bold stripe across the upper chest in gold and green. Each piece is frequently interchanged but their primary kit is Green/Gold/Green and their secondary is Gold/Green/Gold but they also wear all Green, All gold and everything in between.

sacramento2.jpgsacramento3.jpgsacramento4.jpgsacramento5.jpg

The main change is the colors, again I felt I had too many purple teams so I changed the to green and gold.

sacramento6.jpg

Space City // America Two

spacecity1.jpg

Houston's team is known as Space City even though their official name is Houston Soccer Club. They added the moniker to their badge in 1969 in honor of the moon landing. Their color scheme has evolved since their 1934 founding, it started as Navy and white, they added kelly green in the 1950s. The lightened the blue in the 70s, and then the green became more lime in the 80s. Finally in the last couple years they've gone to a very bold and disruptive bright blue and lime green color.

The team's badge is a traditional soccer shape but its a bit modernized. A simple rocket is at the bottom on a field of blue with stars and green stripes on each side.

The primary uniforms are Blue/White/Blue with the thin striped cuffs. The primary jersey also features sublimated stars. The change kit is all lime with a collar and subtle pinstripes.

spacecity2.jpgspacecity3.jpgspacecity4.jpgspacecity5.jpg

The only change was incorporating more green into the badge than was originally planned.

spacecity6.jpg

http://pcgdstudios.com/america-league-saint-louis-the-district-sw-florida-tampa-bay-united-sacramento-space-city/

Yay! It's back! I have spent some time in Southwest Florida myself (love it there) and I love that whole set and the fact that Publix is the uniform sponsor. The District is also a great concept with a badass name. I love this series.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Guest darkpiranha

Cool stuff as always. I might have to adjust my monitor, because I see bright yellow, not lime green. By my count, we're down to 2,4 and 4 teams remaining, correct?

2/2/2 actually unless I screwed something up!

Was checking out the map on your site for the Premier League, and there were three stars you hadn't done in the map (Milwaukee, Minnesota, Toronto) but there were already 18 teams...

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

2/2/2 actually unless I screwed something up!

Was checking out the map on your site for the Premier League, and there were three stars you hadn't done in the map (Milwaukee, Minnesota, Toronto) but there were already 18 teams...

I probably screwed up the map. Ill try to revise it soon.

I've been waiting for my hometown team! The District has a fantastic crest, and I love the details such as "The National Stadium" and that sort of thing. Living in DC, I can really get into the idea of where that stadium would be and what this place would be like if soccer was the major sport. That being said I'm not a huge fan of the uniforms. I feel like a soccer team that went full on USA would perhaps have a more creative take on the flag, as the crest does with the seal. Some more dynamic colors perhaps... not so broad striping... who knows, but that's just the way I see it. I don't know how you would fix it, but the DC flag is sort of lost in the clash kit by way of the sponsor logo. Nat Geo is a great choice though. Also, the logo has stars above it on the jerseys and pants?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Seriously, everything there is to say about this thread has already been said: outstanding design, beautiful execution, amazing attention to detail. Cannot say enough good things about this. :notworthy:

If this were a real league and I only could only get one jersey, it would definitely be the Emerald City FC home. You outdid yourself on that one.

Seriously bookmarking this entire thread for future reference.

galaxy.png

Guest darkpiranha

My bad. My brain was seeing that there were two Premiere League teams left, and still thinking that you were going to be doing two America One and Two teams for each Premiere team that was left. Looking at the grid on your website, I see that we're actually now at 18, 22, and 22.

Carry on.

Being born and raised in Fort Myers, I'm ecstatic that put your team there. The colors (blue and "green" is appropriate [look at the Florida Everblades, FGCU, and the fairly-new park signage around the county]), the bivalve shell (a lot of shells wash up ashore on Sanibel [also there is a shell museum on the island]), and the palm trees (Fort Myers=City of Palms) remind me of there. I seriously want that home jersey.

But I have 3 gripes with this:

-I would like to know when this team was established, please. :)

-You misplaced the star on the map on Key West instead of Fort Myers.

-It is spelled "Fort Myers" not "Meyers" ya snowbird!!! I swear, if i had a dollar for every time someone misspelled that... <_<

Other points and random thoughts that show more of my Floridian (and to an extent, Caribbean) homerism:

-Miami's teal looks like a light blue.

-Tampa Bay and Miami's color schemes are way too similar.

-Jacksonville's color scheme is very similar to a Jacksonville Suns concept I did sometime last year (I didn't know those were the colors of the city flag).

-I would think a team in Key West would be appropriate considering the culture there (maybe they are waffling around in a lower division).

-All of teams in the Caribbean dressing up like they are the national teams are kind of hokey, IMO.

Though all-in-all, a well done does not even suffice given all of the work it took to create this masterpiece. (**) (**) (**) (**) (**):notworthy:

FAKE EDIT: Nevermind, I see that SWFLSC was established in 1976. And at least you spelled "Fort Myers" correctly on your website.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

First of all, I'm so glad this is back. It is my favorite series ever... Haha

The storyline for The District is so cool, I love it. But as DeFrank said, the uniforms kind of let you down. I would with a collar and no sublimated stars in the shoulder because it gives more of a traditional feel. The clash is one of my favorites yet.

Archived