New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more gold then yellow and the purple is definitely more darker.

Only way I see them adding any number outline color is if it's black to match a black facemask. Other then that I think the numbers are solid white. Like a 49ers or Giants jersey. Simple.

jersey-close-article.jpg

Only way I see them adding any number outline color is if it's black to match a black facemask. Other then that I think the numbers are solid white. Like a 49ers or Giants jersey. Simple.

jersey-close-article.jpg

As has been discussed on this board many times, trying to make definative assumptions about color based on a single photo is pretty pointless. I believe Colorwerx (correct me if I'm wrong) has already stated the gold is the same yellow gold worn by the Lakers, and the purple from last year is the same.

Also, consider the lighting used in the photo, or any processing applied to the image. Either (if used) could be making the purple darker or the gold look more "old gold" than it actually is. Just something else to consider until we see them in full.

I tend to doubt yellow pants because of the fact that the Packers wear yellow pants.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah I don't see them adding black. Especially with this darker shade of purple.

Black would more appropriate than gray

Why is that?

From a facemask perspective, a black facemask would go with the darker shades than a light grey facemask as it would stand out and not fit in with the rest of the uniform.

I tend to doubt yellow pants because of the fact that the Packers wear yellow pants.

I second that, but what about a yellow jersey for the alternate?

spacer.png

Yeah I don't see them adding black. Especially with this darker shade of purple.

Why is that?

From a facemask perspective, a black facemask would go with the darker shades than a light grey facemask as it would stand out and not fit in with the rest of the uniform.

The black facemask in the concept does not look so bad...I still don't want them to use it, but I think I'd prefer it to gray too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

jersey-close-article.jpg

As has been discussed on this board many times, trying to make definative assumptions about color based on a single photo is pretty pointless. I believe Colorwerx (correct me if I'm wrong) has already stated the gold is the same yellow gold worn by the Lakers, and the purple from last year is the same.

Could it be that Nike changed the fabric?

Why is that?

The black facemask in the concept does not look so bad...I still don't want them to use it, but I think I'd prefer it to gray too.

Oh, I would rather keep the facemask purple and if they change it then make it gold.

spacer.png

So the next three hints were the Collar Workmark, Flywire, and cleats right?

As far as I know, the Collar Wordmark was not an official clue from the Uniform Insider, but just a header image for an article about the new units on vikings.com

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/An-Up-Close-Look-At-The-New-Vikings-Uniforms/6dc86c3b-a735-4a3e-982e-5cb40afb504f

As far as I know, there should still be one more available. Havnt seen it. So that leaves us with Collar (no wordmark) and Cleat.

Could it be that Nike changed the fabric?

Yup, thats what i suspect happened. Reebok was using their "dazzle" fabric for NFL uniforms which made a more shiny brighter look to all jersey colors. Of course some teams used this, some did not with the Vikings being ones that did. Even though Nike took over last year, they didnt outright change everything. Some teams used their old non-nike templates, so nike had to figure out how to create those. Same with the Viking's fabric/color. It looks as though they are now using what Nike has been opting for most uniform redesigns, a more "matte" like fabric (not sure of the name). Any time you go from a shiny to matte, colors always get darker. Thats true for paint, ink and fabric. Thats what I am guessing happened here.

Then again, just my two cents.

The Vikings had their own template last year, but they used Nike's new matte fabric, not materials like Reebok used. The purple fabric of their uniforms is most likely going to be identical to what they wore last year. The pictures shown are clearly filtered to dull the colors. Think of it as the Vikings dimming the house lights at the start of a show before the stage lights go on. You can make out the jerseys on stage, but you can't accurately judge them. When the stage lights go on at the uniform reveal, we will get a true idea of the colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Interesting pic from the Daily Norseman... side by side of old and new. Still don't think the color can be deduced, based on Roman's points. But one thing I noticed. On the old jersey, the edge of the numbers were just visible from this view... this jersey, not.

MKADRza.jpg

That new jersey looks just as dark as OldSchoolVikings helmet in his signature. I know everyone thinks it is the lightening, but what if the color is actually darker and they have not announced it yet?

spacer.png

Archived