New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the one label 1979 has to be from 1975 as the Viking were at home in purple against the bills in 1979. 1992 is really 1999 as there is the cm patch on the uniform .

I was looking through the slideshow on Facebook today and noticed the CM patch. Which brought me to a google search for 'Vikings cm patch' and lead me here. Anyone know/remember what that patch was for?

Per wiki - assistant coach Chip Myers died

It's where I sit.

Something that always bugged me about the current Viking's unis were those numbers. They are slab-serif, but are rounded too! I thought it always made them look child-like or not as aggresive. Give me a slab serif or san-serif (like the Bears or Steelers) but dont soften the old school slab-serif please.

Just wondering if this bothered anyone like it did me.

The number font on their most recent set has always bothered me too

Absolutely! They got a little less rounded this year with the switch to Nike, so they looked okay. But before they looked awful. "Child-like" is the perfect way to put it.

Glad to know I'm not alone on this! To me, its all about the details, and this is one detail that i thought was a FAIL.

UP FOR DEBATE!

Alright folks, I pose this question to you... Which away jersey stripe system do you like better, the "Northwestern" stripes of the 60's or the shoulder stripes of the 70's-90's?

Northwesterns are here

Shoulders are here

I'll start by saying that the shoulder stripes are what I grew up watching, so they have a special place in my heart, but seeing those 60's photos, I'd say they get my vote. Plus it matched the home.

I like the shoulder stripes. I'd be OK with one of each like they had for so long.

Of course new templates have ruined both types anyway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Also, on the Daily Norseman, someone posted their own rendering of the new unis:

BGjbcRaCYAAh-Ld.jpg

The unis aren't working for me, but the wordmark is verrry nice and the 'M' could make a good secondary. I'd like to see some more iterations of that.

Unis are Very TCU... do like the M a lot.

I like it but it needs yellow.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Also, on the Daily Norseman, someone posted their own rendering of the new unis:

BGjbcRaCYAAh-Ld.jpg

The unis aren't working for me, but the wordmark is verrry nice and the 'M' could make a good secondary. I'd like to see some more iterations of that.

Unis are Very TCU... do like the M a lot.

The M looks too much like an owl.

[back seat modding]There's a concepts board ya know[\apologizes for back seat modding]

It's where I sit.

UP FOR DEBATE!

Alright folks, I pose this question to you... Which away jersey stripe system do you like better, the "Northwestern" stripes of the 60's or the shoulder stripes of the 70's-90's?

Northwesterns are here

Shoulders are here

I'll start by saying that the shoulder stripes are what I grew up watching, so they have a special place in my heart, but seeing those 60's photos, I'd say they get my vote. Plus it matched the home.

Neither are great but the NW sleeve stripes hands down if for no other reason than the other look is so identified with LSU now.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I got the next three unlocked if anyone wants me to post them.

WTF? Of course everyone wants you to post them. Please do.

In the meantime, I believe this is one of the new teasers: http://www.vikings.c...ose-article.jpg

But Mauer can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dont know if thats part of the new clues, but looking at the URL, thats from vikings.com for sure and by the last part of the URL, thats the close up of the jersey. Simple! I love seeing the gold wordmark on purple, no other outlines needed.

***NEVERMIND, JUST CHECKED VIKINGS.COM AND ITS THE HEADER FOR AN ARTICLE ON THE SITE, NOT ONE OF THE CLUES, SORRY 'BOUT THAT***

Archived