What is the most hated team in the NFL?

habsfannova

Let's look at this OBJECTIVELY.

What team do you guys think is the most hated by people?

I'd say Oakland is up there, as are San Fran and Dallas. New York teams are usually not liked too much. Green Bay has a leigon of haters, and there are lots who want to fry up some Buffalo Wings or some Fish.

I really think rivalries are so thick and so strong in the NFL that there really isn't one "villain" that compares to a "dark-side" Vader-esque entity like the Yankees in baseball or the Lakers in basketball (though not to the extent of the Yanks). And I think the proverbial "Vader" really varies from fan to fan. But, the only team that really even comes close if one had to be chosen is the Raiders, in my opinion.

For me personally (a die-hard, teal-and-gold-bleeding Jaguars fan), it's the Tennessee Titans. They are the dirtiest bunch of creatons I've ever seen. I recall a game in Jax against them where they cursed at our fans in the front few rows, grabbed their crotches at them, spit at them (not on them, just in their direction), and generally acted like a bunch of neanderthals. I also have them to thank for the bitter 1999 season, when the Jags were 14-2 (the only two losses coming at the hands of the Titans), and then in the AFC Championship, denied us a Super Bowl berth by defeating us again. Not to mention that little acting job their moronic place kicker pulled in the playoffs two or three years ago that cost the Steelers a win. Ugh... I can't stand them.

I'd say the Vikings got some haters: it's the only thing a Bear fan and a Packer fan can agree on :D mainly it's cus of Moss, you could say. i'd say the Rams may have moved up to that realm recently too, with the recently ended Warner/Bulger soap opera.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yeah, but in generally, there are a few people that people love to hate. I'd say the Cowboys are probably #1 in that category.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Gotta be "America's Team". Any team so arrogant as to declare itself the country's team draws the most ire. (Mockba beat me to it)

Second Place goes to the Raiders for being so successful for so long. There's a bit of jealousy in all of us, wishing to have as much success as them.

Disagree on either the Jets or Giants -- they've never been good enough to hate.

It's where I sit.

I don't know if there's one above all most hated team in the NFL...maybe Oakland. It all depends on whom your favorite team is. For a few years, the Patriots most hated rival was the Jets. If you like the Redskins, your most hated team is probably the Cowboys. If you like the Packers, it's either the Bears or the Vikings.

I know there are a bunch of teams I don't like (as a Patriots fan): Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys, Bears, Raiders and Broncos. I like the Packers and the Giants. So to me, it's not necessarily a city thing (I like the Giants, but hate the Jets).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

As a Bears fan, I personally hate the Packers. I also have a hatred for the Broncos, based on (i) the fact that so many of my friends growing up were obnoxious Bronco fans; (ii) they've always had ugly uniforms, IMO; and (iii) John Elway's fluffing teeth.

But overall, I'd say the most hateful team in the NFL is the Dallas Cowboys. The smug "America's Team" self-identification is ennervating, but I admit there are legions of bandwagoning Cowboy fans. Losers.

I don't know if there's one above all most hated team in the NFL...maybe Oakland. It all depends on whom your favorite team is. For a few years, the Patriots most hated rival was the Jets. If you like the Redskins, your most hated team is probably the Cowboys. If you like the Packers, it's either the Bears or the Vikings.

I know there are a bunch of teams I don't like (as a Patriots fan): Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys, Bears, Raiders and Broncos. I like the Packers and the Giants. So to me, it's not necessarily a city thing (I like the Giants, but hate the Jets).

Yeah, I know the division based ones (I hate all the AFC East except Miami), just wondering if there is one team most people hate. B)

Let's all agree on something.

If you live in a city such as New York, Washington, Dallas or Philadelphia (especially me), you hate the teams in the rest of the division your team is. Divisional play is twice a year, and when you play one of the other three teams in your division, there is professional hatred amongst one another.

Now, as for the other most hated, Oakland and Tampa Bay are hated in my book. Al Davis refuses to play by the rules with old men and dirty football, and Jon Gruden has the same style brought unto him by Mr. Davis, the NFL's Grumpy Old Man.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Nationwide, I would say the Cowboys and Raiders are 1 and 1A and nobody is really even close. Otherwise, most people just follow divisional lines.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

i would have to say the Colts,Jags,Texans (division rivals),but my least favorite would have to be the Ravens because not only they handed our first in the Coloseum but also cost us a potential trip to SB XXXV

the cowboys i really don't hate or love. there just a who cares team.

i don't hate any team to be quite honest.

I personally follow the Houston Texans, i know i'm supposed to follow the falcons but I like the Texans better.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

the arrogance of Cowboys fans put the team at the top of my list of "most hated team in the NFL". i kinda like the fact the Jerrry Jones and Al Davis think of their respective teams first, making them renegades against the league, but they do, do what they think will be best for the team not nessesarily the league. it's when the NFL and these owners butt heads that the stupid lawsuits and media slanders come out and make them (Jerry and Al) look bad.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I'll agree on the Cowboys being universally hated, so to speak. But when i was a wee tot i like the Cowboys because of the star on their helmet. Common sense hit me around age 7 or 8 when the Vikings became my team and the Packers our arch enemy.

There's definitely a universal hatred for Dallas. Again, I cite the "America's Team" thing. Add to that the fact that they were so dominant in the 70s and 90s. From where I sit, there's also a bit of global hatred for Oakland and Miami, and, to a lesser extent, Denver.

I grew up a Steeler fan in the middle of the Redskin ocean. Around here, it seemed anyone who wanted to disassociate themselves from the norm and not root for the home team chose either the Cowboys or the Dolphins. The Raiders were reserved for wannabe gangstas.

My personal Bottom 10 hate list:

1) Baltimore - Never mind the old Browns hatred. There are plenty of new reasons to hate these guys.

2) Cleveland - This is mostly just old rooted hatred for the old Browns.

3) Dallas - Say the name Larry Brown around me only if you want a black eye.

4) Oakland - AND THE BALL IS CAUGHT IN THE AIR! BY FRANCO HARRIS! AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOING IN FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

5) Tennessee - One old divisional rivalry I really miss.

6) Miami - My mom hated Dan Marino.

7) Denver - My dad hated John Elway.

8) Cincinnati - I mostly just laugh at the Bungles. No real ill will here since the Esiason era.

9) Jacksonville - This rivalry was ON in the mid 90s.

10 (tie)) Washington (just from growing up in Deadskin country), Philadelphia (leftover Flyer hatred poured onto the gridiron), New England (for continually knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs), and Buffalo (for doing to the Steelers in the 90s what the Pats are doing to them now)

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived