New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

I don't think this has been posted yet, but here is confirmation the socks will be black:

ve6n76K.jpg

What's with the "A" on the bottom? Are these Jacksonville's? Source?

I think that's just some compression portion of the sock.

^ Sorry, there is 0 chance the 2/3, 1/3 people are talking about, is a gold/black pearlescent paint.

I'm pretty sure that you don't understand how percentages work....

Is it unlikely, absolutely.

Is there zero actual chance that the one person that started the entire idea of 2/3-1/3 being mistaken? However slim, there is indeed that chance.

How would that work with gold? Isn't gold too light of a color for that effect to even work? It would end up being black with flake of bronze.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Sorry, there is 0 chance the 2/3, 1/3 people are talking about, is a gold/black pearlescent paint.

I'm pretty sure that you don't understand how percentages work....

Is it unlikely, absolutely.

Is there zero actual chance that the one person that started the entire idea of 2/3-1/3 being mistaken? However slim, there is indeed that chance.

How would that work with gold? Isn't gold too light of a color for that effect to even work? It would end up being black with flake of bronze.

Don't know ... I don't work for HGI or Nike and have no clue what the limitations are for that type of an effect. And by not knowing, I can't definitively say anything, one way or the other, about what is or isn't possible. Thus .... a chance.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Well the effect is not something Nike or HGI invented. It's just pearlescent. Used by cars, toys, thousands of other things. With gold being a lighter color I don't know if it's even possible. You can get a dark gold/bronze with a glittery gold effect though. But I would definitively rule that out because of how awful it looks on anything.

The new logo continues to look particularly amazing embroidered.

It looks especially great on the hat I am wearing right now :)

I don't know how legit this 2/3, 1/3 black to gold (or gold to black) helmet thing is because the sources haven't been exactly right about anything yet that wasn't already out there. Different sources are contradicting each other about the design and what will or won't be featured on it. Anyway, using logic, and looking at the rest of the uniform that the Jaguars have teased themselves, and all the official merchandise on sale featuring the logo, there's no way in hell that logo is going to appear on the helmet with any other color than black behind it. So, if there's gold on this helmet, it will not be behind the logo, as this logo was designed specifically to blend with a black background. I don't understand how high gloss gold can blend into flat black, or how the helmet can be 2/3 gold when they say the logo will be slightly oversized and I know the logo will have a black background. This helmet info all sounds fishy and vague. It's all up in the air as to what it will actually look like in my opinion.

I don't know how legit this 2/3, 1/3 black and gold helmet thing is because the sources haven't been exactly right about anything yet that wasn't already out there, plus different sources are contradicting each other about the topic, anyway using logic, and looking at the rest of the uniform, and official merchandise featuring the logo, there's no way in hell that logo is going to appear on the helmet with any other color than black behind it, so if there's gold on this helmet, it will not be behind the logo, as this logo was designed specifically to blend with a black background.

And it won't be a glittery gold helmet either.

Well the effect is not something Nike or HGI invented. It's just pearlescent. Used by cars, toys, thousands of other things. With gold being a lighter color I don't know if it's even possible. You can get a dark gold/bronze with a glittery gold effect though. But I would definitively rule that out because of how awful it looks on anything.

Do we know for a fact that gold is going to be the secondary color on the helmet? What if it is a gold helmet with black pearlescent?

BIZKv63CYAAAE4F.jpg

Truncated stripe lends even more credibility to the guy who said no side panels and no names on the front.

The new logo continues to look particularly amazing embroidered.

Right you are. I remember when the logo was first released a bunch of people on here were saying how bad it was gonna look embroidered. They were quite wrong. Looks even better embroidered IMO. Fantastic.

I actually think there is a high chance that this vague 2/3-1/3 statement is inaccurate as it is impossible to mockup looking like it fits with any of the official uniform teasers or officially released merchandise where the logo is always featured with black behind it, not gold. When we place gold behind the logo, the logo's black outline looks out of place and awkward. When the logo has black behind it, it looks sleek, and fits perfectly. Why would the helmet be 2/3 gold with an oversized logo? I would go as far as to say I would bet $10,000 it's not.

Where are all of these leaks coming from? I'm kind of wondering (hoping) that the picture of the socks was someone else from last year who has black socks. But I really like that pants stripe.

You use points to unlock official uniform previews leading up until Tuesday. Only one day left, which means 2 more sneak peeks. I bet the last 2 leaks will be of the helmet. They've covered the pants, feet, jersey & gloves... helmet is the only thing we haven't seen. Saving the best for last?

http://jaguars.socialfanrewards.com/

35n8r3m.png

Maybe just some kind of gold striping down the middle of the helmet?

Where are all of these leaks coming from? I'm kind of wondering (hoping) that the picture of the socks was someone else from last year who has black socks. But I really like that pants stripe.

You use points to unlock official uniform previews leading up until Tuesday. Only one day left, which means 2 more sneak peeks. I bet the last 2 leaks will be of the helmet. They've covered the pants, feet, jersey & gloves... helmet is the only thing we haven't seen. Saving the best for last?

http://jaguars.socialfanrewards.com/

Could be a teaser of the teal jersey as well. We haven't seen any of it yet I don't think.

The modern look could work for them if the jersey pattern wasn't that out there, they had a solid black helmet, and white pants to go with the black jerseys. This "black into gold" helmet and black monochrome is going to look like amateur hour.

I'm all caught up on the leaks/previews. Anybody else thinking that with "JAGUARS" printed out in the teaser for the NOTB that the rumor of last names under the shield may be legit?

Every time Nike unveils a uniform it has the team name on the back. Plus if the did have the names on the front, it would be in a very small text. So no.

Do we know for a fact that gold is going to be the secondary color on the helmet? What if it is a gold helmet with black pearlescent?

That's what I am saying. It is not possible to do that because gold is too light of a color to use in pearlescent like that with black. You have to use darker colors like green/blue/maroon/purple

I'm all caught up on the leaks/previews. Anybody else thinking that with "JAGUARS" printed out in the teaser for the NOTB that the rumor of last names under the shield may be legit?

The JAGUARS is in place of the name on the back of the Jersey. As someone already proved with last years Seahawks jersey doing the same thing.

Archived