Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

What's the deal with all these hockey journalists, broadcasters, and famous fans getting cupcakes?

Why, for fun, old sport!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost as if the NHL is trying to market itself for once!

Yeah, sucks for the Isles. I really wanted to see them knock off Pittsburgh, but at least now we know the Pens are beatable if you put enough shots on goal. As for the Islanders and their future, it's pretty bright, but they're going to need to find or develop a legit #1 goalie going forward, because Nabokov is an obvious stopgap. I hope they can go deep in one of the next two years while they still play on a rink with seats all the way around it. It'll be interesting. Maybe we'll get Oilers-Islanders: The Next Generation!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow, I created a storm with calling Ottawa "America's team".

Guys, obviously that's not completely true. I just think it's more fun to express my own opinion as if it's an accepted fact by everyone else. I wasn't completely serious, though it would surprise me if a majority of hockey fans weren't rooting for the Senators.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Guys, obviously that's not completely true. I just think it's more fun to express my own opinion as if it's an accepted fact by everyone else. I wasn't completely serious, though it would surprise me if a majority of hockey fans weren't rooting for the Senators.

If it ends up being PIT, BOS, WSH, and OTT out of the east, the Sens are far and away the lesser of those four evils.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, sucks for the Isles. I really wanted to see them knock off Pittsburgh, but at least now we know the Pens are beatable if you put enough shots on goal. As for the Islanders and their future, it's pretty bright, but they're going to need to find or develop a legit #1 goalie going forward, because Nabokov is an obvious stopgap. I hope they can go deep in one of the next two years while they still play on a rink with seats all the way around it. It'll be interesting. Maybe we'll get Oilers-Islanders: The Next Generation!

It would suck for the Isles to finally become an impressive team after all this time only to find themselves as the second string in their building (Nets would still be first billing in Barclays).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Both are back in royal and orange, too!

spacer.png

And black, they look damn fine in black

And I don't think the Oil will ever get to the next generation stage of their rebuild

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

And I don't think the Oil will ever get to the next generation stage of their rebuild

As long as MacTavish doesn't trade away Schultz for Dany Heatley or something, they'll be fine.

I hope.

As long as MacTavish doesn't trade away Schultz for Dany Heatley or something, they'll be fine.

I hope.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

If it ends up being PIT, BOS, WSH, and OTT out of the east, the Sens are far and away the lesser of those four evils.

I agree to an extent with this. I think BOS will get America's team banner because of the patriot's day bombings. Plus, it will be awesome if people get to see more of the national anthem tradition that has started at the Garden. Other than that, I agree Ottawa is the least hated of hte four so they will be gathering support. It also helps they are a 7 seed underdog, too.

Boston's going to be gunning for the Leafs tonight. They don't want to face the possibility of a game seven and another opening round playoff collapse. Boston's going all in tonight, and the Leafs have to come out just as ready.

GATTACA!

Shouldn't you be shouting "Attica" like in Dog Day Afternoon? or is some sci-fi movie a rallying cry for the Leafs now?

The only explanation for the leafs success now is that we are, in fact in some sci-fi movie plot. So I would think so.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Shouldn't you be shouting "Attica" like in Dog Day Afternoon? or is some sci-fi movie a rallying cry for the Leafs now?

It's the crazed battle cry of a character from The League. Not the most obvious reference, but you know. I thought it was funny.

Well maybe not funny. Chuckle worthy perhaps.

The only explanation for the leafs success now is that we are, in fact in some sci-fi movie plot. So I would think so.

Love you guys too. FWIW I will be pulling for Ottawa should Toronto get eliminated, however reluctantly ;)

Congrats on making it to the second round though! Granted you didn't have to play the Leafs to get there....

It may be a reference to The League on FX

Scroll to the 4 minute mark, but you should watch the whole thing.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

It's the crazed battle cry of a character from The League. Not the most obvious reference, but you know. I thought it was funny.

Well maybe not funny. Chuckle worthy perhaps.

But Rafi was referencing the movie. That's why Taco said something like "I don't think he'd be yelling that if he'd seen the movie".

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived