New Pittsburgh Pirates Logo

BossAwesome

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping to hear from a season ticket holder or staff member. Usually, when it's publicized that a logo change is coming a staff member or someone close to the team starts to drop hints. I haven't heard anything.

Considering the majority of Pirates fans seem to like the old logos, I too am confident we'll see something similar to them. Personally, I've always been a fan of this guy...

7xkp9hnp9jq11e1zia4tdcqjh.gif

Perhaps a bit too "friendly" for most peoples' taste, but in a league where we have harmless-looking birds on hats...

Also, except for in the logo, red has been dead for the Pirates for a couple years now. Not a single bit of it in any of the team graphics around the ballpark, or anywhere else. They don't even use the snarling Pirate very much anymore in favor of the "P". No chance we'll see it coming back.

Of course the logo is friendly, it's Cosmo Kramer.

When I was a kid, friends would tease my father, asking him when he'd posed for the artist that designed that 70's logo...

I wouldn't mind seeing a baseball equivalent of the Oakland Raiders shield, if that's possible. Something like that could not only sell, but if done right could be a lasting, permanent design, going against their history of revamping its primary every 15-25 years.

nav-logo.png

SkullBones.jpg

I love this ECU logo. Something close to this would be fantastic.

Maybe something more detailed, but same concept. That would work.

I beg the question though, why isn't their cap logo their primary? It's iconic enough.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

That wasn't really my point....

You said the pirate can be friendly because there are harmless birds on caps. Pirates are, basically by definition, criminals. Birds are... birds.

Birds don't smile and swing bats either, but we're talking about logos, and I was making a tongue-in-cheek observation. What I meant was that there's really no reason why there can't be a Pirate that doesn't look like he's about to drive his cutlass through someone.

oBIgzrL.png

I really like this logo, especially the wordmark..

Anyone ever watch "Monk"? This looks like Captain Stotlemeyer to me.

The over-detailed poster looks like Mel Gibson to me (not too friendly, then, eh?)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like this logo, especially the wordmark..

2309.gif

Anyone ever watch "Monk"? This looks like Captain Stotlemeyer to me.

The over-detailed poster looks like Mel Gibson to me (not too friendly, then, eh?)

Yes Mel Gibson all the way

Their new mascot...Johnny Depp!

johnny-depp-portrays-tonto-in-upcoming-lone-r-L-5BBhRv.jpeg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived