The new USFL was supposed to return this year. What happend?

flacco5

If you look for about half a second at the quality of the website, you will find your answer.

www.thenewusfl.com is a football fan site and has no affiliation with the home site of the USFL (The United States Football League)

I'd say there's a reason that about half of your posts are in the graveyard.

spacer.png

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Usfl#Revival

FTFY

Exactly. Two owners of the USFL name, and all to show for it is onw new logo from each owner, yearly promises of a start "next year", a website offline, no Tweets in weeks, and an equally dormant Facebook page. The new USFL logo isn't on either page.

Ever since they announced in February that the league would build five "temporary/modular" stadiums with a major (yet unnamed) "major" real estate developer, they only other news given was that Jamie Cuadra, the owner of the name, stepped down as CEO for personal reasons and former NFL exec Jim Bailey took over to state that they were still looking for capital. That was March 18. Same old story.

The A11 league may start sooner and they have pushed back start dates from 2013 to 2015.

Then Why did the CFL refuse to allow their game into the states? It works both ways. If Toronto wants the Bills then why cant we have CFL teams in the states as well? I think Mr Goodell should tell city of Toronto well if you want the Bills then youre gonna have to expand 8 Teams into the US and Start season in May end the season in October.

HOForioles.png

Then Why did the CFL refuse to allow their game into the states? It works both ways. If Toronto wants the Bills then why cant we have CFL teams in the states as well? I think Mr Goodell should tell city of Toronto well if you want the Bills then youre gonna have to expand 8 Teams into the US and Start season in May end the season in October.

This is why

deK8sJk.png

Because the last time they tried it almost killed the entire bleeping league. I know you're way too young to have lived when the Stallions played, but that was the only US team in the CFL that wasn't a fiscal disaster.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Toronto doesn't want a NFL team. One would probably kill the Argos and the CFL just by existing. Also the CFL tried expanding into the US and it was.....not a success.

So how about you guys keep your league in your country and we'll keep our league in ours? Just because the CFL doesn't operate in the US doesn't mean you can't follow the league. I follow the NFL despite their lack of a Canadian team. Heck, I root for a team in southern California. No reason why you couldn't pull for, I don't know, Saskatchewan.

Ice Cap perfectly said. Baltimore is more of a sports town now than it was 30 years why the Bullets and Colts left. When the Stallions were in Baltimore there were over 40,000 fans every game. The rest of league draw way under than 20,000 fans. That's why the NBA,MLS and AFL should be in Baltimore. If I had Bill Gates money id buy the Sacramento Kings and move them to Baltimore. Id buy Cleveland Gladiators and move them to Baltimore. And id buy Toronto FC and move them to Baltimore.

HOForioles.png

Ice Cap perfectly said. Baltimore is more of a sports town now than it was 30 years why the Bullets and Colts left. When the Stallions were in Baltimore there were over 40,000 fans every game. The rest of league draw way under than 20,000 fans. That's why the NBA,MLS and AFL should be in Baltimore. If I had Bill Gates money id buy the Sacramento Kings and move them to Baltimore. Id buy Cleveland Gladiators and move them to Baltimore. And id buy Toronto FC and move them to Baltimore.

And then I'd buy my way into a 12 step program to work my way off the recreational hallucinogens I regularly consume.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You realize that 1st Mariner Arena is A) way too small and B) too much of a dump for the NBA, correct?

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

That's why the NBA,MLS and AFL should be in Baltimore. If I had Bill Gates money id buy the Sacramento Kings and move them to Baltimore. Id buy Cleveland Gladiators and move them to Baltimore. And id buy Toronto FC and move them to Baltimore.

Technically, Baltimore is in the same metro area as Washington, so you have your Wizards and United already, and Arena Football might be a fad, no one knows.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

That's why the NBA,MLS and AFL should be in Baltimore. If I had Bill Gates money id buy the Sacramento Kings and move them to Baltimore. Id buy Cleveland Gladiators and move them to Baltimore. And id buy Toronto FC and move them to Baltimore.

Technically, Baltimore is in the same metro area as Washington, so you have your Wizards and United already, and Arena Football might be a fad, no one knows.

There are probably 2,000,000 people in the Baltimore area who would take issue with that statement.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

There are probably 2,000,000 people in the Baltimore area who would take issue with that statement.

Yep. What did Abe polin do when he moved the Bullets to Landover? He built an new Arena in Landover called it the Capitol Centre. Id would build an new Arena where those old warehouses near M&T Bank Stadium. And Call the Kings Baltimore Bullets.And Call the Gladiators the Baltimore Colts.
HOForioles.png

Archived