Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

Mississippi RiverKings (SPHL) unveil 2013-2014 jerseys

Yesterday they released their white jersey via twitter and today they did the same with the dark. Also of note is the SPHL's Tenth Anniversary patch on the hem of the white jersey.

BLcd1aXCQAAttcV.jpgBLiN_G6CIAEigsL.jpg

I wish the hem stripe or the sleeves stripes wer flipped. They don't match and that's the only bad thing I can see

Definitely the sleeve stripes. Flip those.

Otherwise, quite nice.

It pains me to say this, but I feel like the trim needs some black. Right now it doesn't mesh all that well with the logo.

I like the uniform. It reminds me of the Iowa Stars.

(P.S: Who's Cody, Geoff? A buddy of yours or is it a inside joke from here?)

Hi Cody.

You're making this way too easy.

What's the significance of the "NC" and angel wings on the back of the collar?

PQ6MBVY.gif

MA-SalemPD.jpg

Dude, stop.

Dude, stop.

These are my words to anyone who continues to "ERMAGHERD CODY" every time a new poster appears. Please stop the witch hunts. Thank you.

Dude, stop.

These are my words to anyone who continues to "ERMAGHERD CODY" every time a new poster appears. Please stop the witch hunts. Thank you.

Yes, please. Not all of us want this forum to turn into some giant horrible circle-jerk EVERY SINGLE TIME a new person joins.

I find it sad that a forum that, not long ago, had people worrying about a lack of new members, is now ostracizing them whenever they may present themselves, because of ONE GUY.

And now, a thread about one of those rarest of beasts - a minor-hockey uniform that actually looks somewhat well-designed - has been overshadowed by somebody's own crappy sense of humour.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Dude, stop.

Yes, please. Not all of us want this forum to turn into some giant horrible circle-jerk EVERY SINGLE TIME a new person joins.

I find it sad that a forum that, not long ago, had people worrying about a lack of new members, is now ostracizing them whenever they may present themselves, because of ONE GUY.

And now, a thread about one of those rarest of beasts - a minor-hockey uniform that actually looks somewhat well-designed - has been overshadowed by somebody's own crappy sense of humour.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Since when has this forum been worrying about a lack of new members?

It pains me to say this, but I feel like the trim needs some black. Right now it doesn't mesh all that well with the logo.

FWIW, the R'Kings wore black pants, helmets & gloves last season. I think it gives their set an Avalanche vibe. My bet is that holds true for 2013/14. (Sorry for the enormous pics.)

47845_10151625828353968_1378309183_n.jpg
A9M5uo-CYAApMl9.jpg

I like that they are using plain white for the "light" jersey this season instead of that odd gold. I also think the deletion of that burnt orange is a nice case of addition by subtraction.

Here's the black throwback jersey they wore last year. Another reason why black accessories made sense for 2012/13.

562233_10151614421123968_907177761_n.jpg

This gets a meh from me. A traditional and plain striping pattern for a minor league team. The shoulder striping could be interesting but otherwise I find it boring with the colour seperation. I also agree with people that the arms should be flipped

Boring. I guess everyone involved in designing hockey uniforms has given up on creativity and originality - even at the minor league level.

Thanks whiny traditionalists.