New University of Arizona football facemasks

AndrewPF

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look ridiculous and they'd cut down on visibility so they're also dangerous. That's a good combo, Bad Ass Masks.

I can just see Oregon and HGI working with this company to make some wicked helmets.

Here are some more facemasks that B.A.Masks has made. Sorry for the size of some of them.

bad%20ass%20masks%201.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1370824478489

There is no way in hell any of these designs will see the field. Might as well add some barbed wire or broken glass to them as well for a more intimidating effect.

Also judging by a couple of these photos these products are nothing more than stock masks from schutt and riddell where someone has added some tacky custom welding and recoated.

Darnell Dockett has a new mask...

969982_10151570868151263_126593207_n.jpg

Its the next step of personalizing everything. I don't really see what you guys are so up in arms about (besides the pointy one) I understand its the nature of these boards, but it really is just a ridiculous looking over the top facemask that looks like it was pried off the front end of an 1870s locomotive.

FYP.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Its the next step of personalizing everything. I don't really see what you guys are so up in arms about (besides the pointy one) I understand its the nature of these boards, but it really is just a ridiculous looking over the top facemask that looks like it was pried off the front end of an 1870s locomotive.

FYP.

BA Masks R&D

cow_catcher.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

FYP.

BA Masks R&D

cow_catcher.jpg

I knew it?

BA masks is like a trade school final project that has gone horribly horribly wrong...

FYP.

Well I guess i'm just fighting the urge to be a 32 year old curmudgeon that hates everything slightly modern. Is it overkill, sure. Can I see why the kids would think its "B.A"? sure. Kids have awful taste for the most part. But I guess face masks cleats and gloves are the triad of crap i classify as "do your worst" and I won't care. Cause its not a team thing. You wanna wear ass ugly cleats? Knock yourself out, kid. However, Ol' One Bar Joe Theismann's head may explode when he sees these. If he's not too busy schilling boner pills for old men.

IIRC NFL players are only allowed to wear visors (at least dark/mirrored, not sure about clear) if they have a medical need. Of course I'm sure a prescription can be "arranged" for anyone who wants to wear one.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Ridiculous? Yes.

But at least most are team colored. That 'Zona one is dumb because of the colorization. Also, the pointy one is just begging an injury.

What's next? Helmet Tusks for Arkansas? Bristles for USC and Michigan State?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Ridiculous? Yes.

But at least most are team colored. That 'Zona one is dumb because of the colorization. Also, the pointy one is just begging an injury.

What's next? Helmet Tusks for Arkansas? Bristles for USC and Michigan State?

It's only a matter of time before the Vikings helmet features actual horns. I guarantee it will reduce the league incidence of concussions....because it'll dramatically increase the league incidence of impalements.

galaxy.png

Archived