New University of Arizona football facemasks

AndrewPF

I saw a photo this morning of new facemasks to be used by the Arizona Wildcats. I figured this deserved its own thread, because there's something unique about these. Something I'd never seen before. The "A" logo is integrated into the facemask itself.

eT48iB1.jpg

It looks like there's another, although I don't know if this one is an alternate or a scrapped concept:

dWt6682.jpg

Does anybody know more about these kinds of masks, or have any opinions on the concept of integrating logos into masks?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Arizona isn't actually using these, it looks like something a pop warner or high school player gets his mommy and daddy to buy for him so he can stand out. Last time I checked, Football is a team sport. I also can't see why a player would want a big ass "A" in front of his face, it really looks like it would add weight to the front of the head and make for some awful sightlnes.

I saw a photo this morning of new facemasks to be used by the Arizona Wildcats. I figured this deserved its own thread, because there's something unique about these. Something I'd never seen before. The "A" logo is integrated into the facemask itself.

eT48iB1.jpg

Does anybody know more about these kinds of masks, or have any opinions on the concept of integrating logos into masks?

These have not been and likely will not be approved for game use. They are purely for show/display.

943241_154304938082532_1677990376_n.jpg

There's No way anybody would allow this. This could legitimately injure somebody. I can see it now...

..... if you're just joining us, Braxton Miller has been taken to Columbus General Hospital Where He's being treated for a stab wound suffered in the first quarter of today's game. Miller was incapacitated after being stabbed with a FACEMASK while being sacked by a defensive tackle. The defensive player has been ejected and now faces charges for assault with a deadly weapon.

Stoooopid.

College football remains a dog and pony show for sports design lunacy run rampant under the guise of Military-Space-Travel-Materials-Used-For-Football-Herp-Derp-Future-Something.

Yet the facemask is a dangerous area to dance in. It actually serves a purpose, unlike the uniforms.

They look ridiculous and they'd cut down on visibility so they're also dangerous. That's a good combo, Bad Ass Masks.

I can just see Oregon and HGI working with this company to make some wicked helmets.

Here are some more facemasks that B.A.Masks has made. Sorry for the size of some of them.

tribute-mask-e1362686480837.jpg

bad%20ass%20masks%201.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1370824478489

20120614_jla_sn3_007_extra_large.jpg

943241_154304938082532_1677990376_n.jpg

BLZ6y0BCEAASTyT.jpg

BKNH4TkCIAEHxRa.jpg

BGo-W2FCUAAHUE5.jpg

There is no way in hell any of these designs will see the field. Might as well add some barbed wire or broken glass to them as well for a more intimidating effect.

Also judging by a couple of these photos these products are nothing more than stock masks from schutt and riddell where someone has added some tacky custom welding and recoated.

These facemasks are what happens when you cut off oxygen to just the left side of the brain for a prolonged period.

You're totally right, and I have a wallpaper from Mercedes that proves that point.

Archived