PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited for Kingston. And you were wanting 2 teams in every international division before heading back to the US, correct?

That is correct. Sorry for the delay. I have began chipping away at Kingston. I've been pretty swamped lately. Im gonna take a bit of a break post-kingston. 1) to get the rankings in and compiled and 2) Ive got like 3 exams next week. Happy St. Patricks Day!

Guest darkpiranha

This is pretty awesome, but I think you might have a little bit of room to tweak the flag to make it look more like a croc. Maybe curve the black triangles to match the curve of the pupils. Make the green triangles slightly bigger.

This is pretty awesome, but I think you might have a little bit of room to tweak the flag to make it look more like a croc. Maybe curve the black triangles to match the curve of the pupils. Make the green triangles slightly bigger.

No disrespect intended but Im not following at all. Are you seeing something I didn't intend to happen??

Guest darkpiranha

No disrespect intended but Im not following at all. Are you seeing something I didn't intend to happen??

lol. Maybe. If you look at the Kingston flag/your version, it can kind of be viewed as a head-on croc head. The two triangles are the pupils of the yellow eyes. Granted, it's a bit of a stretch, but you have similar shapes and colors in similar positions to where they would appear on your croc head were he looking right at us. In fact, it's what I thought was the inspiration for it being the Krocs. Kind of like how some of the Diamondback logos have used geometric and triangular shapes to represent parts of the snake head. If it wasn't intended (apparently), then don't fret it, lol. I just think it's cool either way.

Haha nope not intended but I do kinda see it now. I was inspired by the croc on the Jamaican seal, which has a croc on the top, and of course the flags colors. I may tinker with your idea but I'm afraid if I change it to much it will take the flag look away from it.

Guest darkpiranha

Haha nope not intended but I do kinda see it now. I was inspired by the croc on the Jamaican seal, which has a croc on the top, and of course the flags colors. I may tinker with your idea but I'm afraid if I change it to much it will take the flag look away from it.

Sounds good. Maybe you can humor me with a wicked alt.

Alright, I'm not sure how this would work, but going with the croc having an open jaw (flexed out, looking like he's about to chomp down) so his head could form a K-shape to coincide with the name, secondary logo, etc. Am I thinking to hard? Would that be too redundant? Just something I noticed. I love the alternate logo btw.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Very nice! My one critique would be the highlights on the Kroc make it look almost as if it has skin made of plastic. Toning on the highlights would fix this, IMO.

I agree with what you're saying, but it could go both ways. Blah could be better in this case, or he could kinda go with the bright, happy feeling since it's Jamaica. Maybe adding a little bit of a dark green could bring in the best of both worlds?

Big post here to try to respond to everything...thanks for the feedback!

Sounds good. Maybe you can humor me with a wicked alt.

Im really trying on that. I've got the home and a away figured out in my head (about to start on them). But I wanna have something completely different for the alt and haven't figured it out yet.

Alright, I'm not sure how this would work, but going with the croc having an open jaw (flexed out, looking like he's about to chomp down) so his head could form a K-shape to coincide with the name, secondary logo, etc. Am I thinking to hard? Would that be too redundant? Just something I noticed. I love the alternate logo btw.

I thought of that. Two reasons I didn't : 1) I wanted to to be different from the Florida gators logo and 2) I figure opening the mouth would require a tongue of some kind, which would mean a new color. My history with screen printing makes me want to use as few colors as possible often.

The 75th team is a great present :D One thing I might suggest is maybe adding the second nostril for the Kroc. Other than that, it looks great. Love the alt, and the font as well. Unique name, too! Can't wait for the uniforms so I can add it to my list and submit it!

The second nostril is there. Or at least the back side of it. given the perspective its just a bump just like the other eye. Its the curve at the tip of the nose.

Very nice! My one critique would be the highlights on the Kroc make it look almost as if it has skin made of plastic. Toning on the highlights would fix this, IMO.

I agree with what you're saying, but it could go both ways. Blah could be better in this case, or he could kinda go with the bright, happy feeling since it's Jamaica. Maybe adding a little bit of a dark green could bring in the best of both worlds?

Its funny how this worked out. I wasnt until I was finished that I saw the plastic cartoon look you're talking about. I love it. I didnt plan it but yea I think it conveys the chill, happy vibe of Jamaica. And again like I said above I try to limit the colors where possible.

When are the rankings due

Given my test schedule next week Im gonna say rankings are due next Wednesday by midnight. I need a break after the unis for this one to study. Feel free to send them in ahead of that via message as you have them and Ill compile them periodically. No limit to how many people submit but given the nature of the amount of teams I may change how I present the results this time around.

You've done it again, Windell. Can we get a hint on the next city, please?

I haven't even given that a lick of thought yet, sorry. It will be from one of the divisions with out a second team. The south and east division of Canada. The Middle Eastern Divison. Or one of the teams from Oceania. List is on the first page of course.

You should look there. At the bottom.

Archived