Wonka's NHL Redesign : Philadelphia Flyers 3rd idea.

MrWonka

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like them both, but I think the bottom one might translate to the ice a little better, and it has the added bonus of evoking the Cup team.

Probably. Took a risk on the first one by incorporating the half stripe jersey design they had when they moved to Dallas. Tried something different. I agree though with everyone. Mr. Matthew McElroy told me after he saw the first one that I should do a tribute to the actual Star uniform and I had that idea right away.

I'm kinda alone here, but I actually like the top one better. Maybe it's the simplicity that kinda fits their brand now.

Did you try the texas logo on them? That could look nice.

I agree, that alternate logo would look solid on a black alternate jersey.

Eyyy look whose still alive! I too like those Sens jerseys. I don't like that they share the same template as Pittsburgh, so having the horizon stripes would be nice. The Pirates jersey is also cool too

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear... that Colorado jersey.... must change pants!! GIMMEE NOWWW!!!!!

Edit: I don't know why this thought came into my head, but has anyone just done a jersey with the C on the front? I had a failed idea back in the day of a State/Province Hockey Tournament in the style of the IIHF, I think it would be more appropriate for that.

Oh dear... that Colorado jersey.... must change pants!! GIMMEE NOWWW!!!!!

Edit: I don't know why this thought came into my head, but has anyone just done a jersey with the C on the front? I had a failed idea back in the day of a State/Province Hockey Tournament in the style of the IIHF, I think it would be more appropriate for that.

For some reason, I wanted chest stripes on the Colorado jersey. I was not going to change that idea at all. At first the 'C' logo was on the front, but with chest stripes the logo looks off in almost every single combination. However, If I took off the chest stripes and left everything else the same I think the 'C' on the front could be a very strong jersey.

Maybe the 'C' as a main chest crest can work with slightly different stripes. Fooled with stripe combinations and the 'C' logo for a short time and saved a couple rough (and roughly drawn) ideas.

Maybe one of the two may be okay, or will work better with different colour position choices, or possibly spur on a new idea for you even if they aren't close to being up to snuff.

rockies_rough1_zpsfaf3a4dd.gif

rockies_rough2_zps1ea34fa7.gif

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Maybe the 'C' as a main chest crest can work with slightly different stripes. Fooled with stripe combinations and the 'C' logo for a short time and saved a couple rough (and roughly drawn) ideas.

Maybe one of the two may be okay, or will work better with different colour position choices, or possibly spur on a new idea for you even if they aren't close to being up to snuff.

rockies_rough1_zpsfaf3a4dd.gif

rockies_rough2_zps1ea34fa7.gif

Thanks for sharing your ideas. However, what you've shown is a problem in my eyes with the C on chest stripes. To keep it from blending in with the stripes you have to give it an outline like you have here. I feel the white in the negative space of the C really makes the logo look awkward on the striping. For instance, I tried that along with making it blue. When making it blue I ran into the problem that the striping seemed to stop randomly then. White and yellow made the awkward space a focal point then. I think it's one of those logos that can't be on striping. However, I could put it in between the stripes, but then I'd have to make the striping farther apart.

So you are possibly thinking of something more like this with all the white removed from the 'C' and some stripes outside on both sides of it. (tried stripes in a simplified version of waist stripes of KC Scouts jersey).

rockies_rough3_zpsa88df048.gif

Hope you contine working on some sort of concept with the 'C' as the main crest for the jersey.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Wonka made the outline heritage white on the shoulder patch so that is whats needed, but I think the whole C thing is over. I apologize for mentioning it as it seems to be taking over.

Archived