2014 MLB ASG Logo

Nesi427

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So back to the logo...

"I remember at one point the sky and the building colors were reversed," Twins CEO Jim Pohlad said. "I said, 'That doesn't make any sense.' "

Sounds better to me.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

I'd prefer it be like this:

2016: Baltimore

2017: Miami

2018: Tampa

2019: Washington

After that, anything can happen. Somehow, Selig will screw over Washington and give to some city that has already hosted the ASG

No way it'll be in Tampa that soon...

Miami and Washington are most definitely a yes, and the same goes for Baltimore.

2018... San Jose?

I don't get all the retraction for an All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium. Since 1980, all but two franchises (both Florida teams) have hosted the game, with six teams hosting the game twice in the period (Cleveland, Chicago White Sox, Houston, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Anaheim), not counting the venues for the 2014 and 2015 games. Despite being the 2nd oldest major league ballpark in the National League, Dodger Stadium has been remarkably well-kept, with the Guggenheim group pledging $120 million for stadium renovations within the next two seasons.

I don't get all the jist of MLB not handing an All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium.

The biggest problem for the Dodgers is that there are 5 brand-new NL ballparks that haven't hosted. That's the way this thing works now - build a new park, get the ASG. The league likes to show off it's new stadiums. The Dodgers will have a better shot after the renovations are finished, just like the Cubs. Their chances go up after we cross a few more stadiums off the list. GAPB is already 2015. The Nats will get one to strengthen the game in the new market. The Marlins are owed one because of 1999. The Padres could use the exposure. If Philly really is waiting for 2026, then the Dodgers chances go up a little to host before then.

I'd prefer it be like this:

2016: Baltimore

2017: Miami

2018: Tampa

2019: Washington

After that, anything can happen. Somehow, Selig will screw over Washington and give to some city that has already hosted the ASG

No way it'll be in Tampa that soon...

Miami and Washington are most definitely a yes, and the same goes for Baltimore.

2018... San Jose?

Tampa will NEVER get it in the Trop. MLB hates the place and is doing everything they can to get the Rays out.

Baltimore and Washington won't get it that close I don't think.

Hopefully San Jose gets it if the deal goes through.

Well I knew New Yankee Stadium hasn't hosted, but they had it the year before it opened and they JUST has one in New York

What makes you think New York will host again so soon?

They only waited 5 years last time, and to be honest it shocked me that's all they waited. But, like I said above, they like to show off the shiny new ballparks, and after 2014, Yankee Stadium is the only one left. If the Rays and A's get new ballparks, they'll move ahead. Maybe even Toronto if they complete the grass field renovations they're talking about.

Also, the league makes the most money off an ASG in New York, so there's that as an incentive as well.

Anubis.png

the rays are staying in tampa, they are too good now, and too loved by the area

Franchise success is kind of immaterial, though. The Rays play in a dump that was already outdated before they moved in, are locked into an albatross of a lease that they desperately want out of, and have abysmal attendance. Their bags might as well be packed for Montreal.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This thread has become as bad as reel line mint threads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Have any of the Alternate logos been released yet. Maybe those will be an upside

There are a couple that utilize the state of Minnesota, others that include the stone pattern present in the ballpark.

I'll post some later.

Bill Giles said about the all star game

“They try to do a 30-year thing for teams getting the All-Star Game,” said Bill Giles, the Phillies’ chairman and the honorary president of the National League, Monday at CitiField. “So it is not far from our time. We have not campaigned for it because our season-ticket base has been so good. Usually they take it to a town where they are trying to increase their season-ticket base, and I don’t think we have applied for an All-Star Game.”

There have been whispers that Philadelphia will be a likely All-Star Game site in 2026, the 250th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Giles denied that is necessarily in the works. The 2014 All-Star Game will be in Minnesota.

Have any of the Alternate logos been released yet. Maybe those will be an upside

There are a couple that utilize the state of Minnesota, others that include the stone pattern present in the ballpark.

I'll post some later.

Nice, I actually think that the themed art is the best part of the logo package

The main & a few alternate logos with "Twins" "MLB" and "ASG"

CmNeFP7.jpg?1

That secondary one with the state of Minnesota looks sweet. The word marks...not so much. I'm a little eager to see what the uniforms will look like but that's not happening until next year some time.

• 8 months later...

"I'm a little eager to see what the uniforms will look like but that's not happening until next year some time."

These COULD be the uniforms for American & National league for the 2014 ASG - (what players wear for the Home Run Derby)

I realize it's from a video game, MLB The Show '14. It could be the legit uni's, we'll see soon enough. The MLB Shop does have logo t-shirts, hats, etc. No uniforms on sale just yet. If I recall correctly, they popped up on the site after Memorial Day.

TO63voD.jpg

LZIrDh0.jpg

SnSs7Jr.jpg

yfgcmz4.jpg

sJQMPeG.jpg

vvTsfwU.jpg

j8TmZTG.jpg

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

Archived