2014 MLB ASG Logo

Nesi427

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twins have already started selling merchandise for the game and I'm guessing that this is a secondary logo for the game. I personally like this one better and, as a Twins fan, have found my first ever All-Star Game purchase ever.

pMLB2-16515352dt.jpg

That's really cool. I would get that shirt if I had any alliance to Minnesota

And I like the logo, but it just didn't have the wow factor to me. It's very solid, and I love the script, but the flat stadium silhouette takes away from the logo.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

The bottom half of the logo is great, but the top isn't very striking. Compare it to the skyline in this year's logo. Doesn't compare. Minne and Paul would be better.

Where does the 2016 game get played? All of the new AL stadiums have already been played in. I'm gonna guess Baltimore or Texas.

The bottom half of the logo is great, but the top isn't very striking. Compare it to the skyline in this year's logo. Doesn't compare. Minne and Paul would be better.

Where does the 2016 game get played? All of the new AL stadiums have already been played in. I'm gonna guess Baltimore or Texas.

I'd say Baltimore probably wont get it since DC would be on a shortlist for 2017 with Miami. Texas, Houston, or maybe Toronto?

I'd say Baltimore probably wont get it since DC would be on a shortlist for 2017 with Miami. Texas, Houston, or maybe Toronto?

Houston just had it in 2004, my guess is Toronto.

90758391980.gif

That's not true:

Le_Yankee_Stadium.jpg

Although I predict 2018 before they go back to New York again. Five year wait looks to be standard there.

Also the Trop hasn't hosted, but I think MLB would like to use that as a bargaining chip for a new stadium.

Baltimore is favored right now. Here's the way I see it playing out:

2014: Target Field

2015: GABP

2016: Camden Yards

2017: Miami (MLB will want to get the game there ASAP to try and get the team some kind of attendance.)

2018: Yankee Stadium

2019: PETCO

2020: Toronto

2021: Washington

2022: Tampa/Montreal/Virginia (Wherever the Rays have their new ballpark)

2023: Philly

2024: Oakland/San Jose

2025: Dodger Stadium

2026: Fenway

2027: Wrigley (Renovated)

After that it will depend who gets new/renovated stadiums. Camden/Texas/Cleveland will be pushing 35 years at that point, so anything could happen.

The Yankees and Toronto could swap, and the Rays could jump in before the Yankees if they get a new ballpark, but I doubt that.

Anubis.png

That's not true:

Le_Yankee_Stadium.jpg

Although I predict 2018 before they go back to New York again. Five year wait looks to be standard there.

Also the Trop hasn't hosted, but I think MLB would like to use that as a bargaining chip for a new stadium.

2017: Miami (MLB will want to get the game there ASAP to try and get the team some kind of attendance.)

Philly wants 2026 I've heard. They want it for America's 250th anniversary. Something tells me their patience will allow them to get it, regardless of whether it's an AL or NL park's turn.

90758391980.gif

That's not true:

Le_Yankee_Stadium.jpg

After that it will depend who gets new/renovated stadiums. Camden/Texas/Cleveland will be pushing 35 years at that point, so anything could happen.

The Yankees and Toronto could swap, and the Rays could jump in before the Yankees if they get a new ballpark, but I doubt that.

I don't get all the retraction for an All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium. Since 1980, all but two franchises (both Florida teams) have hosted the game, with six teams hosting the game twice in the period (Cleveland, Chicago White Sox, Houston, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Anaheim), not counting the venues for the 2014 and 2015 games. Despite being the 2nd oldest major league ballpark in the National League, Dodger Stadium has been remarkably well-kept, with the Guggenheim group pledging $120 million for stadium renovations within the next two seasons.

I don't get all the jist of MLB not handing an All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium.

That's not true:

(img)

What makes you think New York will host again so soon?

Archived