NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

This is looking like Seattle's year, but with the way this season's been going they'll loose to the Lions at home and we'll get a Cowboys/Bengals Super Bowl.

Could that please happen? That would be amazing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes everyone think Seattle is so great and unbeatable? Because They destroyed a team at home that is historically terrible on the road in big games? They just lost to a 49ers team that we're not even sure is all that good (we're just assuming they are because of last year but, ahem, so was Houston).

Is losing to a Chargers team that I'd contend is better than their record and is playing for their season in a Thursday night game really such a terrible loss? I'd argue that scraping by Houston, St. Louis (when they were playing truly awful football), and going 21 down at home to Tampa Bay is worse.

Still a home loss dude. NE is unbeaten at Gillette with one game left; service was broken tonight.

It's not that SEA is unbeatable, but they are damn closed to it at home. If they get home field, that's it. Their two losses this year were on tne road and in one score games (6@IND, 2@SF). The Saints could not win there or at NE.

I hope - not expect, but hope - that if the Saints end up back at Seattle for the NFC Championship that I can present those words back to you with some crow (or perhaps some fava beans and a nice chianti). :D

Given the Saints' (deserved) reputation in road playoff games, that would be a very, very satisfying way for them to reach the SB.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I usually don't agree with Tnak on, really, anything, but there really would be something almost demonic-seeming if the Patriots, having lost several of their best players to IR, ended up winning the Super Bowl this year.

Hope the Ravens or 'Phins can slip up New England and send the path to East Rutherford back through to the Mile High city. Hell, might even pave the way for Cincinnati to edge into a bye week position.

spacer.png

Not one great team? What about the Packers and Patriots?

The Packers...no...even with Rodgers in the lineup. The Patriots are a very good team but they have many flaws. Now with Gronk out again, I suspect they will struggle on offense a little again. He made that offense much more dynamic.

Anybody put the Patrots I can not take more Boston this year.

I usually don't agree with Tnak on, really, anything, but there really would be something almost demonic-seeming if the Patriots, having lost several of their best players to IR, ended up winning the Super Bowl this year.

Hope the Ravens or 'Phins can slip up New England and send the path to East Rutherford back through to the Mile High city. Hell, might even pave the way for Cincinnati to edge into a bye week position.

How I feel as a Pats fan reading this thread:

goooooood-let-the-hate-flow-through-you.

NickFolian Dynamite called for personal foul "peel back block" negating a sweet double reverse for TD on 4th and 1.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6544744960/hC0DA1CA6/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Redskins-Falcons is threatening to become a stinkfest of epic proportions. Midway through the 2nd quarter and there have been something like 5 turnovers (Washington 3, ATL 2) and Matt Ryan just hilariously tried to shovel a pass 4 yards to Tony Gonzalez but it only went 3 yards and hit the turf.

Edit: Concurrent posts...that'll tell you how bad it is. Maybe they could call the new stadium Futility Field.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Headline: New England completes 4th quarter comeback. Defeats [insert inferior team here].

Happy to know you consider a team like the Denver Broncos inferior to the Patriots :P

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived