NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

Alright, i've finally done the Jets. Hopefully the thread isn't completely dead.

bP5F7as.png

Honestly, the Jets don't have a bad look. The shade of green on the jersey is ugly though.

-Added the jet to the top of the "JETS" and "NY" wordmarks

-Added green helmet with "NY" wordmark

-Added another stripe on the jerseys to emulate the '68 jerseys

-Both sets of socks are striped.

Honestly, it was a simple change. I had intended to make much more drastic changes but as you can see, I decided against it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's just fine. I like the use of the old 90's logo, although I'd like it if you went with more of a kelly green from the 70's, but it's a massive upgrade from the atrocities that are their current set.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I hope this thread doesn't die either, BK. The Jets look good IMO. The only thing I would change would be to make the green helmet the main helmet and the white one the alt. I will say that I'm a little surprised there is no NY Titans throwback/fauxback set. I think a black/dark navy and gold version of that NY helmet would make a great fauxback helmet.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I hope this thread doesn't die either, BK. The Jets look good IMO. The only thing I would change would be to make the green helmet the main helmet and the white one the alt. I will say that I'm a little surprised there is no NY Titans throwback/fauxback set. I think a black/dark navy and gold version of that NY helmet would make a great fauxback helmet.

Black, Navy, and Gold? I'm intrigued to try it

AmPJ0Ty.png 

One thing about the Giants I just considered, are you ditching the numbers around the helmet stripe? Isn't it kind of a staple for them?

It is a staple for them, they'd still be there, but it didn't look good everytime I tried putting them there.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

BK- What I meant was black OR dark Navy. They had throwbacks a few years ago. Something like this:

http://sportsofnewyork.com/files/2011/09/mark-sanchezThrowback.jpg

Basically, what you have now but in ^these colors. Maybe copy the shoulder striping from ^this and put on a black version of the NY helmet and put NY in gold. Hope I'm not coming across as needy or pushy. I just happen to really like their throwback.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

BK- What I meant was black OR dark Navy. They had throwbacks a few years ago. Something like this:

http://sportsofnewyork.com/files/2011/09/mark-sanchezThrowback.jpg

Basically, what you have now but in ^these colors. Maybe copy the shoulder striping from ^this and put on a black version of the NY helmet and put NY in gold. Hope I'm not coming across as needy or pushy. I just happen to really like their throwback.

I'm not a Jets fan whatsoever, so my opinion may not be as valuable, but I disagree. I don't think black needs to be a Jets color at all. I think too many teams fall back on black as an alternate color.

LoyolaProp - at least this would be a fauxback/throwback to honor their history (despite the Titans name being brief). Most teams use black just b/c they can. The Jets would have a good reason for it.

LoyolaProp - at least this would be a fauxback/throwback to honor their history (despite the Titans name being brief). Most teams use black just b/c they can. The Jets would have a good reason for it.

Oh I didn't know the Titans ever wore black. I've only seen their navy & gold that they wore a few years ago.

Oh I didn't know the Titans ever wore black. I've only seen their navy & gold that they wore a few years ago.

The only black i think the Titans had were on the shoes. Facemasks might have been grey, the belts might have been black but for all intents and purposes, the Titans never used black.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

It looked black to me. I could be wrong though. It may just be a really dark navy.

thats what it is. Working with the colors on this team, they are very close. My original plan tried to incorporate navy and green, then it was green and gold, green and black.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Went through another designing idea phase and ended up with this:

dnmXNOt.png

Historically, the Jets have never had a true alternate jersey. I saw no reason for that to change... but....

-Recolored the home jersey in the New York Titans colors making this a fauxback.

Nothing too crazy.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived